[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

See new thread: 

NOTE: I have stopped developing RasterPropMonitor.  v0.30.6 is the last planned release for RasterPropMonitor.  I am working on a new IVA immersion mod, MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  RPM uses the GPLv3 license, so if you wish to take over development of RPM, please feel free to fork RPM on GitHub.

Are you tired of your Kerbals complaining about having nothing to do during long flights? Do you want to give them more buttons to push, and maybe some displays so they can keep track of what's going on? Then look no farther.

RasterPropMonitor is a plugin and toolkit originally by Mihara that provides functional props within your IVA. It was originally designed for the displays of the ALCOR capsule, but it evolved to add more features and widgets, dragging the Kerbal Space Program into the 21st Century. RPM includes some overrides for stock capsules (and a few mod capsules) to show off what can be done, but there's far more in the plugin than these examples can show.

DOWNLOAD: From GitHub.  IVAs require Module Manager, which is not bundled with this mod.

CKAN USERS: I do not support installing by CKAN.  If you have questions regarding this mod being on CKAN, or missing from CKAN, you can talk to the people on the CKAN thread.

If you installed this mod using CKAN, and you are having problems with it, you must uninstall this mod through CKAN and install it manually to make sure it is not a CKAN installer issue.  If you have not taken that minimal step, I will not provide additional support.  I am not involved with CKAN - installation issues need to be taken up with them.

HOW TO GET HELP: Did you use CKAN?  Look at the previous entry.  Otherwise, read the first few entries in the FAQ on GitHub.

DOCUMENTATION: Want to tweak an IVA to your liking? Documentation is on GitHub.

RELEASE NOTES: On GitHub.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Also on GitHub.

SOURCE CODE: Also on GitHub (notice a theme? :D ).

LICENSE: GNU GPLv3. Props courtesy of alexustas and other contributors, and available under the terms of CC 3.0 BY-NC-SA. Portions of this package are derived from stock textures by Squad and are distributed according to Squad policy of permitting to distribute stock assets with mods if required.

TinyPirate's 2-minute-mod review:

Add-ons for RasterPropMonitor:

Plugins that integrate with RasterPropMonitor, enhancing the IVA experience.

Plugins RasterPropMonitor can interact with, enhancing the IVA experience even more.

• Ferram Aerospace Research: for FAR-computed variables, as well as controlling flaps and spoilers from IVA.
  • MechJeb: for all sorts of auto-pilot features and flight information.
  • RealChute: RPM can arm, disarm, deploy, and cut RealChute parachutes (as well as deploying and cutting stock 'chutes).

RasterPropMonitor contains example props based on stock internal props. If you want to create a really good looking IVA, you should consider grabbing Alexustas' ASET Props. It implements more of RPM's features than any other mod I've seen. Even better, ASET Avionics provides props for space planes (or any other IVA wanting some aviation-styled props).

Projects using RasterPropMonitor (may be outdated):

Don't see a current IVA project on this list? Let me know. I may have missed it, or I may not have imported it from the original RPM thread. Speaking of which...

Mihara had more to say about RPM on the original thread (and I'll edit this post some time down the road to include more of the links and info he had).

Good to see that this is still being maintained!

Now, MOARdV, about those requests I made a while back... :sticktongue:

That was on the old thread, so it doesn't count. :) Seriously - I will take a look at it, now that RPM basic functionality is there. I added a sketchy placeholder bug on GitHub to remind me to go look at this.

Will you also be updating JSI PartUtilities ?

I've never used it, to be honest. I can try to go track down the source and recompile it for 1.0, but I don't plan on taking it over. I've got too little free time and too much mod work as it is.

we need configs for the new MK3 and inline cockpit IVAs... :P

I am always happy to take community recommended configs. I've done a couple of configs myself, but it takes me a long time to get a config that's good enough that I'm willing to share.

That was on the old thread, so it doesn't count. :) Seriously - I will take a look at it, now that RPM basic functionality is there. I added a sketchy placeholder bug on GitHub to remind me to go look at this.

lel!

I've posted details as a reply to the placeholder issue on GitHub - let me know if there's further info / models / stuff I need to provide to help with the diagnosis.

YES! Thank you so much! I can finally read information off useful displays! The amount of dv needed to thank you is more than what I have. XD

Also, I have a lil suggestion:

Is it possible to have waypoint tracking show up on the digital Navball (Like the current navball when you activate navigation)? It'll help a lot when I fly using the IVA.

As a newcomer to RPM, how do I add the displays to the Mk1 cockpit as shown on the images? Or which addon is this? All I have are the dummy displays in the cockpit. :)

Nevermind, figured it out! Nice mod, excellent!!! Thanks!

Edited by Andy81le

As a newcomer to RPM, how do I add the displays to the Mk1 cockpit as shown on the images? Or which addon is this? All I have are the dummy displays in the cockpit. :)

Play around with the buttons around the screens. The leftmost button on the top row, for example, can bring up your Navball. Read the rest of the buttons for what they do.

Play around with the buttons around the screens. The leftmost button on the top row, for example, can bring up your Navball. Read the rest of the buttons for what they do.

Is there a documentation for what the left and right buttons exactly do in each window?

Is there a documentation for what the left and right buttons exactly do in each window?

As far as I know, each page has different, or no functions for the buttons beside the displays. I do think the left-right buttons pan the external camera views left and right. Like I said, experimentation is your friend here.

Is it possible to get camera and video display IVA?

Which camera mod to use then ?

Waiting months for this 1.0, with RPM^^

PS: reading previous thread. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-5-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-pit-%28v0-16%29-20-Apr

There's a external camera part you can attach to craft and assign id numbers from 1-8, allowing you to have up to 8 cameras on the vessel to cycle through.

Is it possible to have waypoint tracking show up on the digital Navball (Like the current navball when you activate navigation)? It'll help a lot when I fly using the IVA.

That's on my to-do list (issue #152 on GitHub) - the main problem is I have spent all of 10 minutes playing a career game, so I don't have a test case available to make sure it works. I prefer sandbox gameplay. I will get around to it eventually, but it takes time. If someone has a save game with one of those contracts that they're willing to share on DropBox or somewhere, that'd certainly make it much quicker for me to implement.

.VtD;1878500']Please update the CKAN metadata so that it points to this thread instead of the old one.

I haven't used CKAN' date=' and I don't know where that metadata resides.

No official documentation. I'll add a to-do reminder to create a wiki page to document it.

Is it possible to get camera and video display IVA?

Do you mean to use the IVA cameras that are used for crew portraits in external view? Not with this mod. If you mean to add external cameras to a craft, and view those cameras in IVA, then yes, RPM does that. You need to add cameras to the exterior, and there is a page in the MFD that shows camera views.