[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Unfortunately, the logs don't actually show you going into Flight, which is where RPM tries to configure everything. I do see two mods messing with RPM textures - although it looks like Texture Replacer is probably benign. However, Filter Extensions renames some textures. I'd suggest removing Filter Extensions, and see if that fixes the problem; if not, remove Texture Replacer and see if that fixes it. If neither of those steps fix the problem, please post logs that include going into Flight (even if it's an RPM-enabled pod on the launch pad), so I can see what RPM is saying when it needs to configure the props for use.

Will do. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted Filter Extensions and went back into the game and put a command capsule on the bad. Still the same problem.

Screenshot => https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjm0w91i7gkmh8j/screenshot0.png?dl=0

output_log => https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b871fjmc8g28h0/output_log.txt?dl=0

Will do. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted Filter Extensions and went back into the game and put a command capsule on the bad. Still the same problem.

Screenshot => https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjm0w91i7gkmh8j/screenshot0.png?dl=0

output_log => https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b871fjmc8g28h0/output_log.txt?dl=0

It looks like you have KSP Interstellar, which hasn't been updated since 0.25, AFAICT. It's throwing exceptions every frame. You're going to need to remove plugins to find which one is interfering - I don't have other people reporting the problem, so the issue is in the mods you've got installed - if it's an outdated mod, I can't do anything about it. If it's a current mod that is interfering, I can work out a solution with the mod developer. I really don't know what else to suggest at this point.

MOARdv,

do you think it would be possible to have a few sizes of flat panel monitors that could be attached on the outside of a cockpit? For instance, like on a external command seat? On a rover somewhere? That would look sick...

MOARdv,

do you think it would be possible to have a few sizes of flat panel monitors that could be attached on the outside of a cockpit? For instance, like on a external command seat? On a rover somewhere? That would look sick...

RPM is designed for IVA, and almost everything it does goes dormant when you switch to external view (transparent pods being the exception). It doesn't render on external parts, and you wouldn't be able to interact with those parts if it did. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not a priority for me at this time (besides, I'm not a modeler, so I wouldn't be able to make the panels in the first place - I'd have to find someone who could make them).

• The Target Menu will use Docking Port Alignment Indicator names when DPAI is installed; otherwise, it displays the part name (such as "Clamp-o-Tron Docking Port"). Lots of internal changes on the target menu, as well.

Great job, MOAR! :)

This might not be specifically RPM related, but I hope someone here can understand the question and point me in the right direction. Perhaps someone has seen a mod that does what I'm looking for.

Is there a way while in IVA mode to know which capsule you are in? In the examples below, I've renamed the docking ports (I love DPAI). Now suppose I'm in space and have a pilot in each capsule. How do I know in the "Undocking" RPM screen (second picture) which capsule I am in? (I understand the work around of keeping the one you don't want to be in empty). Does the question make any sense?

CdypQOe.png

jtUcCkL.png

This might not be specifically RPM related, but I hope someone here can understand the question and point me in the right direction. Perhaps someone has seen a mod that does what I'm looking for.

Is there a way while in IVA mode to know which capsule you are in? In the examples below, I've renamed the docking ports (I love DPAI). Now suppose I'm in space and have a pilot in each capsule. How do I know in the "Undocking" RPM screen (second picture) which capsule I am in? (I understand the work around of keeping the one you don't want to be in empty). Does the question make any sense?

http://i.imgur.com/CdypQOe.png

http://i.imgur.com/jtUcCkL.png

In your case I would use the VesselViewer to visually determine the port for decoupling from IVA.

I am not a modder but still trying to find an issue with the OPT - IVAs after the update.

While the IVA worked fine in 0.19.2.2 they stopped working in 0.20.0 allthough the replacement of "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" with "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" has been done. The screens are greyed out might the ressource variable names, what ever that might be, be the problem?

I am not a modder but still trying to find an issue with the OPT - IVAs after the update.

While the IVA worked fine in 0.19.2.2 they stopped working in 0.20.0 allthough the replacement of "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" with "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" has been done. The screens are greyed out might the ressource variable names, what ever that might be, be the problem?

It is hard to say for certain without more detail. It could be that old resource names are being used somewhere. Which IVA is it?

Do the pods have EC?

I know when I first installed .90 I had an issue with my planes RPM displays not working, screens grey and unresponsive, I finally figured out it was because the vessel had no EC, it didn't need any since it was Kerbal controlled but the RPM displays will go grey and unresponsive when there is no electricity.

Beautiful mod!

Can I sugest a new feature? ... Can you add Precice node support to create nodes in the orbit view? and buttons to the stock autopilot ... that would make this mod truly complete :)

Whatever your decision Thanks for the great work!

It is hard to say for certain without more detail. It could be that old resource names are being used somewhere. Which IVA is it?

Its about every IVA that is avaible in OPT-Spaceplane. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97525-1-0-2-WIP-OPT-Space-Plane-v1-6-9) I already added the patch you can find at the OP but that did not help.

Btw. thanks alot for keeping up and even improving this mod! I love it!!!

Do the pods have EC?

I know when I first installed .90 I had an issue with my planes RPM displays not working, screens grey and unresponsive, I finally figured out it was because the vessel had no EC, it didn't need any since it was Kerbal controlled but the RPM displays will go grey and unresponsive when there is no electricity.

Well... now as you ask... yep... all the cockpits are having tons of ressources (EC, Mono) :blush:... The variable ressource thingy also does make more sense to me now! :D

Well I think I gonna compare the configs and see wether I can find the difference between a working IVA with the same ressources and these greyed out IVAs.

(Please excuse my bad english)

UPDATE:

Well comparing the part.cfg as well as the internal.cfg did not help`me at all unfortunately... the ressources are mentioned in the part configs but without any link to the IVA and the internal.cfg does not mention any iva neither in a working nor in a not working iva.. probably I am blind! :D Wish I would know anything about modding!

Edited by JohnWildman

Its about every IVA that is avaible in OPT-Spaceplane. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97525-1-0-2-WIP-OPT-Space-Plane-v1-6-9) I already added the patch you can find at the OP but that did not help.

I took a brief look at the RPM patches for that mod. The IVA prop names look correct (RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD). However, I don't see anything in the zip file that adds

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

to the cockpit part (not the IVA, but the pod's config file). That would be the next thing I would check.

I took a brief look at the RPM patches for that mod. The IVA prop names look correct (RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD). However, I don't see anything in the zip file that adds

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

to the cockpit part (not the IVA, but the pod's config file). That would be the next thing I would check.

Awesome! Adding those 4 Lines to the part.cfg did the trick. Thank you so much.

Hoping that someone can shed some light on the following performance difference. With the default RPM props I get some FPS drops when looking at a monitor, and it compounds if I have more monitors in my field of view. However, with Near Future's custom RPM props I don't seem to get any such FPS drops. At least when nothing is displayed except the MFD's title screen.

Sorry to ask this again, but I can't find a way to slow down my mouse scroll during IVA: when I try to zoom in, it goes from VERY far (enough to be unintelligible) to VERY near (enough to not being able to see a full display).

Can you help me? How do I zoom in more slowly to get a reasonable zoom level?