[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

When i put Cameras on my rocket and try to look through them via the Monitor i only can switch to the 1st.

Its stuck on the 1st camera and i cant get the others

Did you change the others to have different camera IDs? Right click on them and assign each one a unique ID number.

And if you do have different IDs, are you changing screens correctly? Per the release notes for v0.20.0:

* The External Camera page in the RPM stock MFD now uses JSISteerableCamera with skipMissingCameras , so only installed / existing cameras are displayed. You now need to use the Prev / Next buttons to select cameras.

This is new isnt it ?

I didnt know that will try asap and check back

No, that is not new. Different camera IDs have always been required. Usually, RPM will manage to give each one a unique ID, but it's always good practice to make sure.

No, that is not new. Different camera IDs have always been required. Usually, RPM will manage to give each one a unique ID, but it's always good practice to make sure.

NVM im an idiot.

Last time i used it i could switch throught the cameras pressing only the 1 camera button.

This doesnt work anymore but i found the NEXT and PREV buttons to work :D

thx anyways

For those who like living on the edge: RasterPropMonitor v0.21.0 dev build is now available on DropBox. Changes include removing the separate MechJeb DLL, a few new variables, some fixes (including a partial OpenGL HUD fix!), and newly-renovated HUD code. v0.21.0 will introduce some breaking changes for people using HUDs and PFDs in other mods, but these were some long-overdue tweaks and fixes. The full list of changes is on GitHub.

Edited by MOARdV
*now* available, not *not* available

For those who like living on the edge: RasterPropMonitor v0.21.0 dev build is now available on DropBox. Changes include removing the separate MechJeb DLL, a few new variables, some fixes (including a partial OpenGL HUD fix!), and newly-renovated HUD code. v0.21.0 will introduce some breaking changes for people using HUDs and PFDs in other mods, but these were some long-overdue tweaks and fixes. The full list of changes is on GitHub.

Well done! As a Linux user, the OpenGL HUD problem has been something I've wanted a long time for. Thank you.

JFGh0Ry.png

I know the default MFD autopilot page is supposed to integrate with Mechjeb but there are some rather useful stock 6-way SAS programs that would be super nice to access in IVA.

I know the default MFD autopilot page is supposed to integrate with Mechjeb but there are some rather useful stock 6-way SAS programs that would be super nice to access in IVA.

I second that motion. They could be on the same page MJ is supposed to be, if it's not installed.

Now available on DropBox, the second dev build for v0.21.0 is now available. A few small tweaks, the new PFD renderer (which will break other PFDs), some better support for looping variable animators, a couple of new variables, DDS conversion for most HUD and PFD textures... For a complete list, please review the Upcoming Changes section of the change log on GitHub.

MOARdV, I just noticed you just added a JSISASMenu page handler 20 hours ago. I just finished making my own stock SAS menu handler based on the code Lybodo posted a few weeks ago. For selecting SAS modes, I wanted to avoid the cumbersome "scroll though and select" type of menu, so I made one that assigns a button to each mode. Unavailable modes are greyed out, and the current mode is green.

Screenshot%202015-06-25%2008.19.46.png

I don't know if this kind of interface is frowned upon (I haven't seen it used on any other pages), but I really like it. If SAS is disabled, all states are grey except "SAS", and clicking it toggles it on; I haven't implemented a way to turn it back off yet though. If SAS cannot be enabled (if an Engineer is flying without SAS module), then it displays a warning.

To use my code, you'll have to make some changes to MFD40x20.cfg manually.

You will have to add buttonR4 to the globalButtons on line 46

globalButtons = button_UP,button_DOWN,button_ENTER,button_ESC,button_HOME,button_RIGHT,button_LEFT,buttonR9,buttonR10,buttonR4

Add this page (and make sure to disable switching to whichever pages use buttonR4, which is "shipinfo" in the MFD40x20.cfg):

PAGE{
name = stock_sas
button = button_D
text = Autopilot software not installed.
disableSwitchingTo = shipinfo
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = RPMSASMenu
method = showMenu
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
buttonSAS = 9
buttonMAN = 4
buttonPRO = 6
buttonRET = 0
buttonNRM = 5
buttonANM = 1
buttonROT = 7
buttonRIN = 2
buttonTGT = 8
buttonATG = 3
}
textureURL = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/bg01
}

Source code and DLL are both provided. As with Lybodo, the license for the source code is "I don't care what you do with it".

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28076605/RPMSASMenu.zip

This is my first time ever writing code for KSP, or C# for that matter. So forgive anything strange that I may have done. It took me forever to figure out how to toggle the SAS action group. Is there documentation for this stuff? I couldn't find anything for toggling action groups on the community documentation. I had to browse through the RPM source to find an example.

RPM is designed for IVA, and almost everything it does goes dormant when you switch to external view (transparent pods being the exception). It doesn't render on external parts, and you wouldn't be able to interact with those parts if it did. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not a priority for me at this time (besides, I'm not a modeler, so I wouldn't be able to make the panels in the first place - I'd have to find someone who could make them).

So, the quoted post is from a few pages back, but I was doing some reading here and had to make a comment on this one. There is one way you could add panels and such for something like a command seat by creating a completely transparent IVA scene for that command seat, using parameters that specify that the helmet is required within, and then adding some props to the front of the IVA scene that would correspond to the seat and whatnot. Visually, you'd still just have a Kerbal in a command seat, but in the configs you'd actually turn the command seat into a pod with an IVA. lo-fi has done something similar with his latest pod which is a sort of roll cage, extremely minimal, looks like a basic part with a command seat inside it, but it actually uses a transparent pod. That's the closest way I can think to have a sorta-external RPM prop. At the very least, you'd be able to command your craft from a first person view from the command seat and the monitors would still show data when outside of the IVA scene.

Another idea would be to create an empty (more or less invisible) pod with an IVA that simply contains a large monitor that is placed on the craft radially. You'd still have to have a kerbal inside it somehow, and functionality would only be in the IVA view, but you could probably hide that part of the scene inside the parent craft and leave a copy of the monitor displaying (really large like) on the outside of the craft, thus creating a relatively easy way to display information on the outside of the craft. Yeah, it's a rather weird idea, but it could work possibly. Alternatively, maybe you could have an internal camera and use something like that CCTV mod to display the camera on one of its large external monitors with the camera itself aligned directly with one of the IVA panels. That might work.

This is my first time ever writing code for KSP, or C# for that matter. So forgive anything strange that I may have done. It took me forever to figure out how to toggle the SAS action group. Is there documentation for this stuff? I couldn't find anything for toggling action groups on the community documentation. I had to browse through the RPM source to find an example.

That's how I learned to work on KSP mods. There are some outdated bits of info here and there on wikis, but it's mostly browsing through other mods that do something similar to what I need so I can find which classes I need to interact with, and digging through old posts here on the forum for the rest.

I'll look through the source code in the next day or so (hopefully).

Idk if this was ever in the works or even brought up, but what about integrating RemoteTech's flight computer into the Autopilot function?

I don't personally care for MechJEB (or even KER for that matter. I just use VOID, its cleaner) but I like to use RT's computer all the time because its clean and easy to use to comprehend. It'd be nice to have the UI in RPM.

Updated on DropBox: RasterPropMonitor v0.21.0 dev build #3. Quite a few changes since the last dev build. Most importantly, the text renderer is now using a custom shader and a different code path that (I think) will make it less costly to render when text doesn't change frequently. The custom shader may also help with some of the ugly problems with HUD text rendering - I'd like feedback on that, in particular. As always, check the changelist on GitHub.

I am waiting on MechJeb to make an official 1.0.4 release before I release RPM v0.21.0, due to changes in the way RPM interacts with MJ. If you are a MechJeb user and you want to try this version of RPM out, you will need to update to a recent dev build of MJ as well.

Updated on DropBox: RasterPropMonitor v0.21.0 dev build #3. Quite a few changes since the last dev build. Most importantly, the text renderer is now using a custom shader and a different code path that (I think) will make it less costly to render when text doesn't change frequently. The custom shader may also help with some of the ugly problems with HUD text rendering - I'd like feedback on that, in particular. As always, check the changelist on GitHub.

I am waiting on MechJeb to make an official 1.0.4 release before I release RPM v0.21.0, due to changes in the way RPM interacts with MJ. If you are a MechJeb user and you want to try this version of RPM out, you will need to update to a recent dev build of MJ as well.

HUD looks GREAT. Being new to HUD's (couldn't use before you fixed the OpenGL bug) I am wondering what is the function of the two yellow markers?

HUD looks GREAT. Being new to HUD's (couldn't use before you fixed the OpenGL bug) I am wondering what is the function of the two yellow markers?

The yellow markers were (are) an attempt at providing something similar to sideslip and angle of attack. They're the craft's surface prograde vector displayed on the heading strip (at the top) and onto the pitch ladder (in the middle region). They're not correct, as far as AoA and sideslip are concerned, since they're the surface velocity vector projected onto a coordinate basis that oriented to surface "up" (where AoA and sideslip *should* be based on the craft's local orientation). Maybe the shorter answer, if that's too muddled: The one in the center region shows which direction the craft is headed - if it's above the horizon, you're climbing; if it's below the horizon, you're descending.

If someone more familiar with heads-up displays wants to suggest what they should do (or if they even belong in the first place), I'd be willing to make changes.

Just a note to say !THANKS! to the devs who put together RasterPropMonitor - I did an instruments only approach and docking entirely from the IVA capsule view without any GUI using MFDs from RPM (alongside the Docking Port Alignment Indicator) in a LanderCan and it went perfectly. Feel like a proper astronaut now - thanks!

Raster prop monitor isnt working for me. I've gotten into every cockpit and none of them seem to be showing the mod and the high tech screens. I've tried using different modulemanagers and it still doesnt work. What am I doing wrong?

Raster prop monitor isnt working for me. I've gotten into every cockpit and none of them seem to be showing the mod and the high tech screens. I've tried using different modulemanagers and it still doesnt work. What am I doing wrong?

Not pressing the buttons around the screens?

Hi. Is there a way to look through the camera parts other than with the IVA monitors? I'd like to use it with drones.

(Could this be added? Or is there some other mod that does this?)