[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Hello, you asked if you missed plug-in you did.

NavUtilities 0.5.1_RC1 works on the latest version of KSP with RPM v0.21.1, i have run many tests with no problems but i will keep testing anyway.

Nav Utilities make it easier to align your vessel to the runway or pad.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-1-0-2-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-5-1-RC-1-*June-2015*

Thank you. I'll add that to the front page now.

I've been thinking about that myself. Started looking into the IVAs for RPM/stock capsules and for Near Future Spaceship parts yesterday, but realized I'm not getting anywhere with only editing config files. Well, I could, but it seems like the dumb way.

How does one go about creating IVAs using the existing interior models and props? I'd guess the easiest way is to place them in a 3d editor and export the config file which places the props in the IVA. I have Blender installed from some time ago. What else do I need?

You were probably doing cfg editing, like I was? It's probably best to use a 3d editor and import the props/IVA models, place them there and (somehow) export the cfg which is basically a list of positions and rotations.

I'm just missing the right tools.

How does one go about creating IVAs using the existing interior models and props? I'd guess the easiest way is to place them in a 3d editor and export the config file which places the props in the IVA. I have Blender installed from some time ago. What else do I need?

Download and install Unity. Get PartTools and add that to the installation. Note: I vaguely recall that the link on the first post is bad, but a good link should be somewhere on the forum. Start up Unity, configure PartTools to point at your GameData directory (or a copy of it). Load an IVA. Edit. :)

It's easy to edit (once you get the hang), and you can move/tweak/whatever props. I still haven't figured out how to control the camera position other than dragging with the mouse, but that's still good enough for what I do.

Download and install Unity. Get PartTools and add that to the installation. Note: I vaguely recall that the link on the first post is bad, but a good link should be somewhere on the forum. Start up Unity, configure PartTools to point at your GameData directory (or a copy of it). Load an IVA. Edit. :)

It's easy to edit (once you get the hang), and you can move/tweak/whatever props. I still haven't figured out how to control the camera position other than dragging with the mouse, but that's still good enough for what I do.

Thanks! I changed the Mk1-2 IVA slightly so it has some Action Group Labels: http://i.imgur.com/AG1HHm6.jpg

You guys are awesome. The action labels were the first thing I thought of doing.

Does RPM have a variable for the precision controls (caps lock) status? I was browsing the user manual during the weekend and didn't find it.

Does RPM have a variable for the precision controls (caps lock) status? I was browsing the user manual during the weekend and didn't find it.

Nope. But I can see if it's something RPM can report (and switch, for that matter).

BTW, @McPoisoned (or anyone else, for that matter), if you have an updated IVA that includes the action group controls, and you're willing to share it, I'll be happy to update the "official" IVAs. My only requirements are 1) that they use only props included in RPM (so, no ASET Props), and 2) that they include buttons/labels for all 10 action groups.

May i ask something?

Can you add a external RPM viewer?

Reason for that is that for docking, you can use a camera in the docking port.

But i wanna also have info from the external view....

compare it as the info HUD from Orbiter:

screenshot-100419_02-11-55-413.jpg

I'm only talking about the square info screens.... not the entire hud itself.

Nope. But I can see if it's something RPM can report (and switch, for that matter).

BTW, @McPoisoned (or anyone else, for that matter), if you have an updated IVA that includes the action group controls, and you're willing to share it, I'll be happy to update the "official" IVAs. My only requirements are 1) that they use only props included in RPM (so, no ASET Props), and 2) that they include buttons/labels for all 10 action groups.

Alright, ill add the 4 remaining Actiongroups and upload the config.

Edited by McPoisoned
Spelling

May i ask something?

Can you add a external RPM viewer?

A viewer that works outside of IVA? Short answer: no. RPM is intended for enhancing IVA. There are/were mods that provide more info outside the ship, including docking cameras (and NavyFish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator, even better).

What do you think about this layout MOAR?

That looks good to me. I'll download your config and look at it in game. If you're okay with it, I can include it in the next update.

So a quick silly question. I understand that this is more of a mod framework for other modders to use in their projects than an end user mod. But I loaded it anyhow just to get some of the cool benefits with the stock KSP capsules. I have seen mention of external camera views but I was unsure how to make that work with the stock mod and stock capsules. I didn't know if I just was not understanding how to make it work or that this is just something not implemented out of the box.

Thanks

So a quick silly question. I understand that this is more of a mod framework for other modders to use in their projects than an end user mod. But I loaded it anyhow just to get some of the cool benefits with the stock KSP capsules. I have seen mention of external camera views but I was unsure how to make that work with the stock mod and stock capsules. I didn't know if I just was not understanding how to make it work or that this is just something not implemented out of the box.

Thanks

There is an external camera part in core RPM. You'll need to add one (or several) to your craft.

It's one of the few mod parts I use, actually. I always prefer part-free mods, and when I install things like RT, KER, MJ and even life support I look for configs to add those functionality to pods and such.

Docking ports could be modded to count as cameras too, right? I know they show as such on the docking screen, when you select one as reference point for the ship, but AFAIK you can't select it by camera ID.

Docking ports could be modded to count as cameras too, right? I know they show as such on the docking screen, when you select one as reference point for the ship, but AFAIK you can't select it by camera ID.

You have to edit the configs to make them available by camera ID - otherwise, yes, you select it as the reference part in the target menu, and then you can use it from the docking screen.

Hmm, that is what I thought. I just couldn't find the camera. I will look again.

Look under Utility for something that looks suspiciously like one of the single-port RCS pods named "JSI External Radial-Mount Camera".

Nowadays the EngineIgniter mod is included in the Realfuels mod. Would it be possible to replace the old EngineIgniter-Rasterprop link with a new interaction with Realfuels?

You will need to take that up with the owner of Realfuels. The Engine Ignitor - RPM link was part of the Engine Ignitor mod, not RPM. I could possibly support an interface with RF (if the mod is set up to allow external mods to talk to it), but I'm not in a position to create a new MFD page to support it.

You will need to take that up with the owner of Realfuels. The Engine Ignitor - RPM link was part of the Engine Ignitor mod, not RPM. I could possibly support an interface with RF (if the mod is set up to allow external mods to talk to it), but I'm not in a position to create a new MFD page to support it.

Fair enough, I'll ask about it in the RealFuels thread. Thanks for the response.

My transparent-glass IVA HUD in the Mark-I cockpit is pretty hard to read, and flickers a bit - any idea how I can fix this?

You have to edit the configs to make them available by camera ID - otherwise, yes, you select it as the reference part in the target menu, and then you can use it from the docking screen..

Any idea of a reference to the config you need to put into place to make this happen?