[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

I'm having an issue with AlphaAsh's mods and Firespitter, any cockpit I use from those two mods causes my screen to go black, affecting even the space center.

I updated Raster to 0.21.2, and I can recover from it now after toggling the map screen a few times, but it's still very frustrating.

Here's my post from AlphaAsh's thread, Rovers and Roadsters + K.A.P. After much discussion, he pointed me this way.

64bit Windows, 32bit kerbal, Forced OpenGL

This problem only happens when I launch any cockpit from your mods, or from Firespitter. Other parts work fine.

I have Rovers 0.6.1, K.A.P. 2.2.1, Firespitter 7.1.4

ModList (PasteBin because spoiler tags were not working)

http://pastebin.com/ZAEzDg3n

Screenshot Album

http://imgur.com/a/iD8lg

Log (spoiler tag problem again)

(Just this stuff spammed over and over)

http://pastebin.com/SgAC144g

Full log if you want it. I tried PasteBin and TextUploader, but the 42mb caused the pages to crash.

http://puu.sh/j6qb7/fb0d7ef068.log

I'm having an issue with AlphaAsh's mods and Firespitter, any cockpit I use from those two mods causes my screen to go black, affecting even the space center.

I updated Raster to 0.21.2, and I can recover from it now after toggling the map screen a few times, but it's still very frustrating.

Here's my post from AlphaAsh's thread, Rovers and Roadsters + K.A.P. After much discussion, he pointed me this way.

There are a large number of exceptions in the full log. You've got B9 aerospace parts that are throwing many exceptions (that mod isn't updated for 1.0.x), and the AlphaAsh parts are likewise throwing exceptions. For instance:

[LOG 15:26:42.085] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'AoATech/Spaces/CobraMK2/cobraMK2/CobraMKII'
[WRN 15:26:42.132] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 15:26:42.133] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[WRN 15:26:42.134] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
[EXC 15:26:42.134] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
InternalModel.AddProp (.ConfigNode node)
InternalModel.Load (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.LoadInternalSpace (.UrlConfig urlConf)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
:MoveNext()
[ERR 15:26:42.139] RasterPropMonitor: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 15:26:42.140] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (System.String message, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style)
JSI.JUtil.AnnoyUser (System.Object caller)
JSI.RasterPropMonitor.Start ()

That last exception, for instance, makes no sense whatsoever. There's no way I can have a null reference in *any* of those fields if something hasn't failed spectacularly before I got involved. With things failing upstream of my code (the stock PartLoader / InternalModel messages, for instance), there's not a whole lot I can do. You've got one or more mods that are breaking part loading. You'll need to start eliminating mods to find where the problem is.

There are a large number of exceptions in the full log. You've got B9 aerospace parts that are throwing many exceptions (that mod isn't updated for 1.0.x), and the AlphaAsh parts are likewise throwing exceptions.

Cheers chap for looking at this. Eliminating mods is a good call. I fixated on this:

[LOG 17:08:02.444] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 17:08:02.462] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 17:08:02.463] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 17:08:02.464] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 17:08:02.465] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

and the JSI exceptions and hence chucked the lad your way.

@KuroSnow - Check back with me if it's still just the KashCorp parts causing the issue. I doubt it will be though.

You've got B9 aerospace parts that are throwing many exceptions (that mod isn't updated for 1.0.x)
Err of course it has? *sigh* Why would you even expect the 0.90 version to work after the massive changes 1.0 introduced? Do yourself a favor and download the b9 dev version from the link in my signature or blowfishs. You will get something that works in all critical areas, promise.

Link to his development directory is https://bitbucket.org/blowfishpro/b9-aerospace/downloads

I'll sift through the log again though to see where there errors start though. Thanks for the pointer. I'd like to get this modpack stable n usable, lol.

Well, I yanked FAR and 90% of those errors went away, but I'm still having the problem.. Only thing erroring before it hits JSI null pointers is "script missing" when compiling parts. If you'd like to see the (much smaller) log, I'm still not sure where the problem is.

http://puu.sh/j6Cwp/3020399253.log

Edit: forgot link.

I would need to look at the part.cfg for the failing parts before I could provide any further insight. The "script missing" is one that I haven't run across before. It's not part of RPM. I'd recommend removing B9 Aerospace, as well, for the sake of reducing the problem space.

Does RPM provides basic FAR info like mach speed and possibly dynamic pressure? I've seen somewhere here that RPM already have some FAR integration by displaying spoiler and flap status, but I cannot found it

Does RPM provides basic FAR info like mach speed and possibly dynamic pressure? I've seen somewhere here that RPM already have some FAR integration by displaying spoiler and flap status, but I cannot found it

RPM provides that information. It is up to IVA makers to display it and let you interact with the FAR controls. The vanilla RPM IVAs do not provide these features (well, the basic HUD shows dynamic pressure, and it may show mach number as well).

To celebrate the inaugural voyage of the updated ALCOR pod, I wanted to see if I could figure out how to do a interplanetary transfer using only the information available in IVA. In other words, no maneuvre nodes or even map mode. As it turns out, the ALCOR & RPM combination provides all the information necessary!

Here's my first attempt at recording a voyage. I apologize for how long it is, but it's one-take and it gets the job done.

Thanks ALEXUSTAS & MOARdV for creating / maintaining these GREAT Mods. I would have stopped playing KSP A long time ago, but for these two mods in particular.

I hope you get lots of rep & support.

Edited by nukeboyt

I would need to look at the part.cfg for the failing parts before I could provide any further insight. The "script missing" is one that I haven't run across before. It's not part of RPM. I'd recommend removing B9 Aerospace, as well, for the sake of reducing the problem space.

So, I am absolutely baffled. First, sorry for the delay, had no power for two days, my meter fried. So, I deleted my GameData folder, verified files to get the stock parts back, and rebuilt the pack piece by piece, testing every mod along the way, making sure the bug didn't happen, checking to find the mod that caused it. Of course, I get the last mod put in, whole pack is back together in one big go, and the bug is completely gone. No errors in my log, nothing. Here I am, in total frustration, I spent like three days fighting with this pack in total, and now I feel like I made a total fool of myself, bringing it to you guys and AlphaAsh, and now I can't reproduce the problem at all.

So, I am absolutely baffled. First, sorry for the delay, had no power for two days, my meter fried. So, I deleted my GameData folder, verified files to get the stock parts back, and rebuilt the pack piece by piece, testing every mod along the way, making sure the bug didn't happen, checking to find the mod that caused it. Of course, I get the last mod put in, whole pack is back together in one big go, and the bug is completely gone. No errors in my log, nothing. Here I am, in total frustration, I spent like three days fighting with this pack in total, and now I feel like I made a total fool of myself, bringing it to you guys and AlphaAsh, and now I can't reproduce the problem at all.

Do you use CKAN? I've seen many modders saying that they won't support CKAN installs, and only recently I've discovered why: it does not do a great job at cleaning a previous version of a mod when it updates. So, files which don't exist from one version of another, of which were moved from one folder to another on version change, may still linger in your install if you update from CKAN, and these old files may end up raising all kinds of hell in your install.

Do you use CKAN? I've seen many modders saying that they won't support CKAN installs, and only recently I've discovered why: it does not do a great job at cleaning a previous version of a mod when it updates. So, files which don't exist from one version of another, of which were moved from one folder to another on version change, may still linger in your install if you update from CKAN, and these old files may end up raising all kinds of hell in your install.

Nope, I do manual installs (I mean, it's not hard at all, drop into GameData folder). I'm wondering if Steam just didn't fresh install correctly or something.

MOARdv: RealFuels currently contains ullage and ignition code. Since RPM supports/ed EngineIgnitor, I'm wondering if you could add similar support for RealFuels's implementation, and what I can do to take that easy for you.

I uninstall the old mod through CKAN and once it has been removed, I check the box to add the new edition... It works for me so far.

Hey there,

are there any plugins that add contract location tracking to the targeting screen on the stock cockpits?:) having to get out in map view to do so is the only thing keeping from having a 100% IVA experience.:)

Hey there,

are there any plugins that add contract location tracking to the targeting screen on the stock cockpits?:) having to get out in map view to do so is the only thing keeping from having a 100% IVA experience.:)

Not that I know of. It's a feature I have planned for RPM, but I have no way to test it, since I don't have a career save, and I don't have the time to grind through one to get a contract that I can test with.

Alright, it would be a nice feature that'd fit well with the other targeting options. I'll see if I can utilize another mod for the time being; maybe Contracts+ or Waypoint Manager.:)

Nope, I do manual installs (I mean, it's not hard at all, drop into GameData folder). I'm wondering if Steam just didn't fresh install correctly or something.

That can also have the same result of leaving fragments of previous versions, not deleting an old subfolder that isn't in the new version. An obvious possibility would be the textures as .png files being left in a folder when the new version supplies them as .dds files. I don't know if they would be ignored by the loading process, or still loaded

Some mods urge deleting the old version first, some don't. I don't offhand know of any which save date in the GameData folder, so maybe the delete should be the default.

Not that I know of. It's a feature I have planned for RPM, but I have no way to test it, since I don't have a career save, and I don't have the time to grind through one to get a contract that I can test with.

Just use R&D from Debug to unlock everything and we can test...

Brand new to KSP, only found this amazing game a week ago and haven't been able to put it down. Thank you for this amazing mod, it really rounds this game out very nicely and brings it closer to a sim.

With that being said..

My system specs

i5

gtx 970

8 gigs of ram

If I play KSP without using RPM or if I'm not in an RPM IVA, my processor cores run at a smooth 40-50%.

If I am in an RPM IVA all my processor cores are pegged at 100%. Visually everything runs smooth, but I'm a bit concerned running my CPU constantly at 100%.

Is there a config setting that will lower the processing used by the RPM mod?

Thanks ahead of time..

My system specs

i5

gtx 970

8 gigs of ram

If I play KSP without using RPM or if I'm not in an RPM IVA, my processor cores run at a smooth 40-50%.

If I am in an RPM IVA all my processor cores are pegged at 100%. Visually everything runs smooth, but I'm a bit concerned running my CPU constantly at 100%.

Is there a config setting that will lower the processing used by the RPM mod?

Thanks ahead of time..

It sounds like there is something else going on. i've got an i5 on Win7, and I typically see 25-30% load. KSP is notoriously single-threaded, and nothing I do in RPM occurs off of the main KSP thread. I am working on some major changes that may help with the overhead RPM incurs, but they are not ready for public consumption.

It sounds like there is something else going on. i've got an i5 on Win7, and I typically see 25-30% load. KSP is notoriously single-threaded, and nothing I do in RPM occurs off of the main KSP thread. I am working on some major changes that may help with the overhead RPM incurs, but they are not ready for public consumption.

Thanks for the reply...

I just upgraded from a GTX 560 to the GTX 970 and after I did so, not only did I notice that graphic performance jumped significantly, but CPU load jumped up to obviously try and keep feeding the GPU with frames... With the 970, I have a feeling my rig is a little un balanced.

To bring down the CPU load I also tried dropping maximum allowed frames from 120 to 60. After doing so, the CPU load without running RPM came down roughly 10%, but as soon as I go into an RPM IVA the cores peg at 100% still. There is no overheating, just a lot of CPU activity.

Thinking about it, I'm not really sure what it could be on my side.. Maybe an NVIDEA control panel setting isn't optimized? Iam running the settings that Nvidea recommend through a KSP profile from the nvidea auto update.. I'm willing to try anything if you have a couple ideas..

Thanks

Bz