[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Umm...

Why are there two rasterpropmonitor mods that link to the same thread, and have the same description?

http://i.imgur.com/xhhMraZ.png

Presumably "RasterPropMonitor Core" installs the DLL without ModuleManager patches, in support of other mods that make use of it, while "RasterPropMonitor" installs those patches, and depends on "RasterPropMonitor Core"... that is, if you tell CKAN to install "RasterPropMonitor", it will also install "Core", but not the other way around.

Hiya MOARdV,

Is it possible to get a .22 dev build with the transparent pod fix? for testing?

Otherwise I can pick up your dev build and apply the fix myself for testing.

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind - I've synch'd my branch and will test with that.

Edited by JPLRepo

Now available on GitHub and KerbalStuff. A number of fixes, a few new features, some major code thrash under the hood. You know, the usual. :)

I plan on taking a break from developing new features for RPM for a little while (a couple of weeks, maybe) so I can spend some time working on an IVA I've been trying to finish for months, and maybe spend some time simply playing KSP. I'll address any serious bugs as needed before then (including if KSP 1.1 shows up and breaks RPM).

using new prograde/heading textures on HUD :P

also, the right screen have the first ECAM page...

PS: the prograde/heading icons get confuse when I roll 45°... dunno if they are getting AoA/Sideslip values from another source that uses a bad formula, because ANGLEOFATTACK and SIDESLIP variables gives the right values all the time...

VXrMFao.jpg

Edited by luizopiloto

using new prograde/heading textures on HUD :P

also, the right screen have the first ECAM page...

PS: the prograde/heading icons get confuse when I roll 45°... dunno if they are getting AoA/Sideslip values from another source that uses a bad formula, because ANGLEOFATTACK and SIDESLIP variables gives the right values all the time...

That looks really good - the only thing I'd consider tweaking is using Alexustas's ASET Avionics pack to replace the altimeter and VSI (and maybe speed indicator), although that does add more dependencies to the design. As for AoA / Sideslip on the HUD, yeah, I don't believe it's using the "real" AoA/sideslip. I'll file a bug on that and see if I can get it fixed the right way.

That looks really good - the only thing I'd consider tweaking is using Alexustas's ASET Avionics pack to replace the altimeter and VSI (and maybe speed indicator), although that does add more dependencies to the design. As for AoA / Sideslip on the HUD, yeah, I don't believe it's using the "real" AoA/sideslip. I'll file a bug on that and see if I can get it fixed the right way.

but, I'm designing new MFD pages, not new IVAs... Yes, I created a new HUD prop for MK3 cockpit, but that was a special case... :P

Edited by luizopiloto

I've got parts but no screen. I'm using an older version though, KSP 1.0.2

You need a RasterPropMonitor version that is 1.0.2 compatible, then. They're still available on both GitHub and KerbalStuff. Squad made significant changes in 1.0.3, and newer RPM builds are not backwards compatible with 1.0.2.

but, I'm designing new MFD pages, not new IVAs... Yes, I created a new HUD prop for MK3 cockpit, but that was a special case... :P

Couldn't you make it just a added page to the default RPM not Over-riding all the default RPM's pages ?

Couldn't you make it just a added page to the default RPM not Over-riding all the default RPM's pages ?

It's possible... but all the pages I'm designing will cover the current default ones info plus more... the version I posted a little back have only the navigation ones, for testing purposes...

PS: MoarDV, I think the HEATSHIELDTEMPERATUREFLUX is not working... it shows no value.

PS: MoarDV, I think the HEATSHIELDTEMPERATUREFLUX is not working... it shows no value.

Oops. I defined it as "HEATSHIELDFLUX", and used "HEATSHIELDTEMPERATUREFLUX" in all of the documentation, since I was writing a bunch of HEATSHIELDTEMPERATURE variables. Since I've got all of that documentation written like that, I'll update the internal variable in the upcoming bug-fix release.

Hi MOARdV,

If you are planning a bug fix release I have some more bug fixes for Transparent pods.

I will send a pull request in the next 24 hours.

Cheers. JPLRepo.

I've got a v0.22.1 bug fix in the works, so send it along and I'll get it rolled in. Thanks.

I've got a v0.22.1 bug fix in the works, so send it along and I'll get it rolled in. Thanks.

Yeah I can't seem to be able to create a pull request, maybe because you have your own request outstanding and I am behind the Mirhana master. I created a commit on my branch but it won't create a pull request and I can't revert. Wondering if you merge your pull request first?

Try making a PR from Mihara's repo to your fork so you are even. Only do this if it doesn't revert your additions.

If that worked try again to make a PR to the master with your additions

Something is wrong. Github is just stuck on "fetching latest commit" when I try to bring up my branch. I don't want to have to go command line... but I might have to.

Something is wrong. Github is just stuck on "fetching latest commit" when I try to bring up my branch. I don't want to have to go command line... but I might have to.

There's something screwy with the newest GitHub for Windows release - I had to fight with it for quite a while yesterday morning to get it to start without crashing. Anyway, I'll close out my pull request in a few minutes.

There's something screwy with the newest GitHub for Windows release - I had to fight with it for quite a while yesterday morning to get it to start without crashing. Anyway, I'll close out my pull request in a few minutes.

Ok, Pull request to Mihara/RasterPropMonitor created.

Had to revert, pull/merge your changes and then re-create commit (from the web version rather than the Windows app).

Yeah, maybe some issues with the new GitHub for Windows.

I just installed FASA. The Installation worked, but RPM seems to be having issues. The navball looks strange, and I get green error text that won't go away.

Installing FASA, I had to merge some of my already-installed RPM folders. I have these Issues, but the installation order is correct: KSP, GameData, JSI, RasterPropMonitor, Library-Plugins-Third party Support. Thoughts?

I just installed FASA. The Installation worked, but RPM seems to be having issues. The navball looks strange, and I get green error text that won't go away.

Installing FASA, I had to merge some of my already-installed RPM folders. I have these Issues, but the installation order is correct: KSP, GameData, JSI, RasterPropMonitor, Library-Plugins-Third party Support. Thoughts?

FASA has RPM version 0.19.3 (at least, as of FASA 5.36). Delete the GameData/JSI directory, and then install the current version of RPM.

Bugfix release (and a fairly minor one, at that) - fixed a misnamed variable, fixed the AoA and sideslip marker positions on the HUD, and (thanks to ndevenish) made RPM a little friendlier for other mods to query. Also four new variables. Git it on GitHub, or download from KerbalStuff.

Hi MOARdV, would you please include the revamped cockpit IVAs into the "Projects using RPM" section of your OP.

Will do. Last time I'd checked, they hadn't been updated in a long time, but that's not the case now.

Here's a request- any chance we could get the Near Future cockpits

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52042-1-04-Near-Future-Technologies-(fully-operational-in-1-04)

included in this? They're incredibly useful and some of my favorites! If it's not possible I understand, but man I'd love to have those pods...

According to that thread (and the last time I looked at the mod personally), NFT Spacecraft has a compatible Mk3-9 IVA already, and the PPD-1 IVA is unfinished. I'd say give Nertea a chance to finish the IVAs first. IVAs are *very* time consuming (my last Gemini RPM IVA took well over 40 hours; the one I'm working on now is over 20 hours, and it's nowhere near done).