[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Will do. Last time I'd checked, they hadn't been updated in a long time, but that's not the case now.

According to that thread (and the last time I looked at the mod personally), NFT Spacecraft has a compatible Mk3-9 IVA already, and the PPD-1 IVA is unfinished. I'd say give Nertea a chance to finish the IVAs first. IVAs are *very* time consuming (my last Gemini RPM IVA took well over 40 hours; the one I'm working on now is over 20 hours, and it's nowhere near done).

Ah, somehow I missed that. Derp. Thanks though- I REALLY want to use those pods. XD

So I`ve been using RPM for a while now and I always just install it and everything is fine which is nice to be able to say, thank you for all your hard work.

Just now though I undocked a kerbal return capsule and got this error at the moment of undocking, never had it before, not sure what it means.

Any idea?

SIgnCKO.png

So I`ve been using RPM for a while now and I always just install it and everything is fine which is nice to be able to say, thank you for all your hard work.

Just now though I undocked a kerbal return capsule and got this error at the moment of undocking, never had it before, not sure what it means.

Any idea?

It means I need your log files (if you haven't restarted the game already). :)

Something in RPM got confused when you undocked. Was that with the current version (v0.22.1)? And, as a follow-on question - have you been able to repeat it? I made a couple of big changes with v0.22.0, and it is entirely possible that I missed something.

Something in RPM got confused when you undocked. Was that with the current version (v0.22.1)? And, as a follow-on question - have you been able to repeat it? I made a couple of big changes with v0.22.0, and it is entirely possible that I missed something.

Unfortunately I have restarted due to the very regular out of memory crashes I suffer (which hopefully will be a thing of the past soon)

I can repeat it by sending another of the same craft to the same station. The craft launches fine and docks fine but when undocking it throws a wobbly.

I`ll make it happen again and post a log. I assume it`s in the RPM folder.

It only happened for the first time very recently after I updated to the very latest version on CKAN,

Unfortunately I have restarted due to the very regular out of memory crashes I suffer (which hopefully will be a thing of the past soon)

I can repeat it by sending another of the same craft to the same station. The craft launches fine and docks fine but when undocking it throws a wobbly.

I`ll make it happen again and post a log.

It only happened for the first time very recently after I updated to the very latest version on CKAN,

Edited by John FX

I've had that error twice with the current version. I'll post a log next time it happens. In both cases I had the displays up and then docked switched to a different vessel, came back, and undocked. In both cases I believe the kerbals were scientists and the ships had probes for SAS control. Next time it happens I'll pay better attention and see if I can make a simple reproducible test case.

If you had out of memory crash that ended the game that time then you have the log duplicated inside the folder called like 2015-08-15_173334, with date when it happened in the name, in your game folder.

Is there an RPM config for ven's overhauled stock IVA's? THe IVAs look so much better, but not having those MFD are soo bad.

I was able to reproduce by fiddling with MFDs in a docked ship, undocking, and then switching to that ship. This is the first thing I did after starting the save. I have Ven's Revamp 1.81 (among other mods). This occurred in the stock 2-kerbal lander can (as modified by Ven).

Here's the Log.

Here`s a log where the event is fairly fresh.
I was able to reproduce by fiddling with MFDs in a docked ship, undocking, and then switching to that ship. This is the first thing I did after starting the save.

It looks like the nature of the failure in both cases was identical, which is a relief. I have a dev build of v0.22.2 posted on DropBox. If you could try that build out, and post logs (whether it fails or succeeds), I'd appreciate it. I have a couple of potential fixes in the code, and I'd like to see the logs say even if it works.

It looks like the nature of the failure in both cases was identical, which is a relief. I have a dev build of v0.22.2 posted on DropBox. If you could try that build out, and post logs (whether it fails or succeeds), I'd appreciate it. I have a couple of potential fixes in the code, and I'd like to see the logs say even if it works.

No error with the build linked below. :D Before installing, I confirmed I could reproduce the error. This time I had to use a different station/docked vessel and so the routine was a little different. I undocked the ship, fiddled with RPM, docked, and switched back to the vessel. It consistently through an error with the release version and no error was thrown with the dev version. The reference part of the target selection was pretty sensitive to changes and I had to keep resetting it while trying to re-dock. However, I think the reference part function has always been a little weird and I am not the best judge of whether it has changed. It would be great if it remembered the reference part or at least wouldn't lose it when switching to map view.

Here's the log of the successful docking: Log

First, big thanks to Tarheel1999 and John FX for reporting the bug and confirming the fix. I appreciate that.

RPM v0.22.2 is out with the fix for the Initialization Error that was showing up after undocking. The new version is live now on GitHub, and it'll be on KerbalStuff soon (? the website is misbehaving right this minute).

I'm trying to set up vertical bars in a HUD and not having much success... I've been reading the documentation, but I still have a question about configuring a vertical bar...

I'm wondering where, exactly, the vertical bar node goes... I've got a HUD set up, and the nesting I've been trying goes something like this...

{PAGE{BACKGROUNDHANDLER... Hud config goes here... JSIHUD_VERTICAL_BAR{vBar config}}}

And it doesn't work... I've tried many other configurations, with the vBar config ahead of the Hud config, after... And none of them work. I'm probably messing up somewhere else, this is my first time doing anything like this, but I want to cross the node being in the wrong place off my list.

I'm trying to set up vertical bars in a HUD and not having much success... I've been reading the documentation, but I still have a question about configuring a vertical bar...

I'm wondering where, exactly, the vertical bar node goes... I've got a HUD set up, and the nesting I've been trying goes something like this...

{PAGE{BACKGROUNDHANDLER... Hud config goes here... JSIHUD_VERTICAL_BAR{vBar config}}}

And it doesn't work... I've tried many other configurations, with the vBar config ahead of the Hud config, after... And none of them work. I'm probably messing up somewhere else, this is my first time doing anything like this, but I want to cross the node being in the wrong place off my list.

JSIHUD_VERTICAL_BAR goes outside of all of the { }. Take a look at PlaneHUD.cfg in JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD for an example.

MoarDV, the JSISteerableCamera needs some kind of special camera prop or the one that comes with RPM can steer?

Because I configured it to steer but when I press the buttons it doesn't move... can only zoom in/out...

PS: I fixed it... was missing pitch/yaw rate values... :P

Edited by luizopiloto

yeah sorry for being confusing. i guess what i want is to only be able to use IVA mode during flight.

For that look for Malah's Quick mods, there's a Quick IVA which can:

- make IVA the default mode

- disable external camera (only IVA camera available)

- disable map screen (ONLY IVA indeed)

- disable UI in IVA

these are optional, I use it just to have IVA be default.

Any plans for kOS support?

I don't have any plans for integrated kOS support. The main problem I see is that input by clicking on the screen is very slow and tedious for any task like typing number / words - Unity has a tendency to treat quick clicks like a double click, which messes up targeting. The text input problem is why there is still no node editor in RPM. If the kOS programs were "pre-loaded", and all the user had to do was select the programs, that would be probably be feasible.