[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

There are requirements for JSITransparentPod that mean a part has to be specifically designed to support it. Stock parts don't. If someone remodeled the stock parts with the windows properly designed, it'd be possible, but that's way out side the scope of what I can do.

Ahh ok gotcha.

Ahh ok gotcha.

I have looked at this, the stock models do not contain the necessary transforms for the windows, etc. Most of them are one object/transform or a few.

So you can't just find the window transforms and add JSITransparentPod unfortunately.

Basically you would have to get someone to re-model all the stock parts to have separate window transforms on both the external model and any internal models - then you could do it.

I have looked at this, the stock models do not contain the necessary transforms for the windows, etc. Most of them are one object/transform or a few.

So you can't just find the window transforms and add JSITransparentPod unfortunately.

Basically you would have to get someone to re-model all the stock parts to have separate window transforms on both the external model and any internal models - then you could do it.

If I could model I'd do it :/ It'd be neat to have in the game.

This is almost always an indication that you've got a texture replacement mod (or texture compression mod) that is messing up the RPM installation, or an incorrect installation of RPM. Without further info, I can't provide more specifics.

Well, I'm pretty sure I've got RPM installed right, and I took out the only mod that shouted textures at me (ActiveTextureManagement), but I'm still getting it, in all pods. Is there any way other than the good ol' "Disable everything and reenable one-at-a-time" to find out which bugger's causing it? Some texture file I can search for or something?

Edit: Looks like it was SCANsat, had an old version in there under a new one. Reinstalled that and it works now. There's no beating the good ol' disable everything technique.

Edited by ChicagoTed

Transparent windows are a possibility with a PartModule from JSI (JSITransparentPod), but the model has to be specifically set up to include it - you can't just slap it on the stock cupola and call it a day.

Hm... so your saying that it has to be something set up specifically with the model? I couldn't just create new textures and config for stock parts and call it good? If this doesn't involve remodeling the stock parts I would love to try this.

I couldn't just create new textures and config for stock parts and call it good?

Correct - browsing the documentation, even just the windows need to be their own separate transform, props should not contain flat mesh colliders, the IVAs have to match up to the external model (something a surprising amount of pods don't do).. like I said, new textures and configs aren't going to cut it, the part has to be modelled (almost) from scratch with JSITransparentPod in mind (obviously possible to retrofit a pod with it, but this does involve modelling etc).

Correct - browsing the documentation, even just the windows need to be their own separate transform, props should not contain flat mesh colliders, the IVAs have to match up to the external model (something a surprising amount of pods don't do).. like I said, new textures and configs aren't going to cut it, the part has to be modelled (almost) from scratch with JSITransparentPod in mind (obviously possible to retrofit a pod with it, but this does involve modelling etc).

I already answered this question:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117471-1-0-4-RasterPropMonitor-still-putting-the-A-in-IVA-%28v0-23-0-28-September-2015%29?p=2236323&viewfull=1#post2236323

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117471-1-0-4-RasterPropMonitor-still-putting-the-A-in-IVA-%28v0-23-0-28-September-2015%29?p=2236343&viewfull=1#post2236343

:cool:

It would be cool to have the ability to zoom out when using the cameras: sometime, the image is just too zoomed in to be useful.

EDIT: Is there a way to show the in-game navball on one the screens? I find the current navball used in the mod have a too tick horizon marker(*) and I can't use it if I need to know exactly the orientation of my plane.

(*) In case I used the wrong word: I want to designate the horizontal ligne which stay at the same position while the navball is rotating behind it.

Edited by goldenpeach

Bug report: There is some sort of frame blocking Mk1 cockpit HUD and the texts in the MFD are too gray

Image:

ooMAOIn.jpg

You can see that the RPM HUD (the green screen) and the HUD frame (the grey frame) doesn't exactly match, which leads to some part of the HUD text getting blocked by the frame, and the text here isn't as white as the text in the first post imgur album MFD. And for some reason I cannot access the MechJeb MFD, although it is installed and attached to the ship.

I'm using CKAN build RPM and MechJeb2-2.5.4.0-516, and several parts mod that doesn't tweak Mk1 cockpit, and TweakScale, on Linux.

It would be cool to have the ability to zoom out when using the cameras: sometime, the image is just too zoomed in to be useful.

EDIT: Is there a way to show the in-game navball on one the screens? I find the current navball used in the mod have a too tick horizon marker(*) and I can't use it if I need to know exactly the orientation of my plane.

(*) In case I used the wrong word: I want to designate the horizontal ligne which stay at the same position while the navball is rotating behind it.

The texture that has the static line is GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall/StaticMask.dds - feel free to edit it to make the line smaller, or make it transparent so you can see through it. If you come up with something you like, and you are willing to share it, I can replace the existing texture in an upcoming release.

Bug report: There is some sort of frame blocking Mk1 cockpit HUD and the texts in the MFD are too gray. (snip)And for some reason I cannot access the MechJeb MFD, although it is installed and attached to the ship.

The overlap on the two HUDs is something I may get to sooner or later if time permits (if someone else wants to fix it and share the fix, I'll incorporate it).

The text problem is something that's been a problem with the differences between Unity's OpenGL and DirectX renderers for a while, although I think I hacked a fix during my lunch break, so expect a fix "soon". And it looks like I broke something with the MechJeb menu - the MechJeb interface works just fine (in other cockpits that have MechJeb buttons, not just the menu, it works). So, I guess you can expect a v0.23.2 this week.

I have a good news and a bad one.

The good news is that I finished the navball texture(and it should give me the precision needed).

The bad news is that I can't verify the above because when I try to see it on the in-cockpit screens, I just see a white page with the numerical(and text) information usually shown on that interface.

I used a software to convert the .dds file to a .png file, edited it then converted it to dds again. As it didn't worked, I tried to use the PNG file,just in case it would work, but the result is the same.

I used Paint 2 for the editing, any idea of what could have gone wrong? The transparency of the image is properly set(i.e: if it's not the navball, the transparency is 0) but I don't know if I should do anything else than that.

I have a good news and a bad one.

The good news is that I finished the navball texture(and it should give me the precision needed).

The bad news is that I can't verify the above because when I try to see it on the in-cockpit screens, I just see a white page with the numerical(and text) information usually shown on that interface.

I used a software to convert the .dds file to a .png file, edited it then converted it to dds again. As it didn't worked, I tried to use the PNG file,just in case it would work, but the result is the same.

I used Paint 2 for the editing, any idea of what could have gone wrong? The transparency of the image is properly set(i.e: if it's not the navball, the transparency is 0) but I don't know if I should do anything else than that.

Which texture did you edit? The static mask texture I mentioned above is the one that displays the non-moving part of the navball screen. If it's white, it sounds like you don't have transparency correct - maybe the conversion PNG -> DDS converted to DXT1 instead of DXT5?

As far as editing software, I use Paint.NET.

nStQ9Ra.png

I had to use a screenshot because if I remove the alpha layout(i.e: the transparent part), the surface which had the layout turn black

Welp, the problem was simply that the name I used for the edited navball wasn't "StaticMask" but alway something like "StaticMask2", "StaticMask_test", "StaticMask_result" etc...

Anyway, here is a link to the file, if anyone want to download it

I plan to make some minor edit to correct some error(on term of the editing) I noticed(in exemple, making the black liner as wide as the orange one, I saw that a smaller black line make it more difficult if you want to check it fast).

• 2 weeks later...

Added the new HullCam cameras to the compatibility config. Did I do this right?

@PART[hc_kazzelblad]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
cameraContainer = hc_kazzeblad
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
translateCamera = 0,0.0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

@PART[hc_booster]
{
MODULE
{
cameraContainer = hc_booster
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

@PART[hc_nightvision]
{
MODULE
{
cameraContainer = hc_nightvission
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

@PART[hullcam_hubbazoot]
{
MODULE
{
cameraContainer = hullcam_hubbazoot
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

@PART[Telescope]
{
MODULE
{
cameraContainer = Telescope
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

@PART[TelescopeLarge]
{
MODULE
{
cameraContainer = TelescopeLarge
rotateCamera = 0,0,0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

Added the new HullCam cameras to the compatibility config. Did I do this right?

Possibly - you'll need to look at them in-game to see if they need any tuning (the hullcam cameras sometimes need rotations or translations applied to the cameraContainer to move the viewpoint to the right place). The hc_booster part is already in the RPM config (JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ThirdPartySupport/hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg), so you may not need to add that one.

I have an idea, with everyone using BD Armoury these days, why not have a weapon manager or combat system thing built in.

I don't use BD Armoury, and I don't have the spare time to play around with it to figure out what variables would be needed, so I won't be adding BD Armoury support any time in the foreseeable future. RPM is designed to be extensible, so there's nothing stopping someone else from creating a plugin for BD Armoury that lets it interface with RasterPropMonitor. Vessel View, SCANSat, and FAR all have such plugins.