[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hi all,

I'm enjoying laying out the RPM controls for my Mk1-85 Backseat for my MOLE mod, and I have a question about setting up camera pages. I understand that there is a PAGE object of some sort that you define for the monitor, but how do you do that for a specific IVA? For instance, I have defined four camera transforms: cameraTransformFront, cameraTransformLeft, cameraTransformRight, and cameraTransformBottom. I know that the IVA has PROP definitions for RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD. Do I need to add a part module to the IVA to define the pages for the cameras? Are there tutorials on that? I checked the Wiki but couldn't find what I needed. For reference, here is the RPM version of my Backseat's IVA flight controls:

(snip pic)

Thanks for the help. :)

The short answer is that you'll have to do at least one thing -

1) Mark the transforms with JSIExternalCameraSelector modules in the part config(s) that contains them, and give them a "cameraIDPrefix" of "ExtCam" - this will allow them to work automatically with the existing prop, although the user will have to configure which transform belongs to which ExtCam ID number in the VAB.

2) If you don't want them to fit in with the default ExtCam functionality, you can give them different camera ID prefixes, but then you will have to make your own prop configuration. You can recycle the existing configuration, give it a different name, and change the name of the external cameras selector in the config file (which is in GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg )

7 hours ago, Radioknopf said:

iGe8Pty.jpgHi,

I have a probplem with all never RasterProp builds.

It looks like this.

and the log shows a lot of "cannot find internalprop:XXX"

No mods except this one and it goes for all IVA's.

It looks like an installation error, but without additional info, all I can recommend is to completely delete the JSI directory in GameData and reinstall with the latest version of RPM.

4 hours ago, terminator1128 said:

raster prop monitr is stuck on RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD any help with this?

Not without additional information.  I'd recommend looking at this post for suggestions on the sort of info I'd need to provide help.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to add props to an IVA? I'd like to take a crack at the Mk2 cockpit - it's basic RPM config is really cool, but I'd like to give it some of the ASET shine. I know it's a long process, but I'd like to at least learn how to do it.

In the meanwhile, I'm trying to replace all the basic RPM MFD's with the ASET MFD. So I came up with a module manager .cfg, but it doesn't seem to be working. All I get is the standard RPM IVA's. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

//Replaces basic RPM MFD with the ALCOR MFD

@INTERNAL[*]:HAS[@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]]:NEEDS[ASET]:AFTER[RasterPropMonitor]
{
    @PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]
        {
            name = ALCORMFD40x20
        }
}

Edited by theonegalen

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:18 AM, theonegalen said:

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to add props to an IVA? I'd like to take a crack at the Mk2 cockpit - it's basic RPM config is really cool, but I'd like to give it some of the ASET shine. I know it's a long process, but I'd like to at least learn how to do it.

You'll need Unity 4.6.x and the KSP Part Tools (stickied in the mod development forum).  Once you install Unity and the part tools, prop placement is pretty straightforward.  Time consuming, but not terribly difficult.

On 2/18/2016 at 10:51 PM, MOARdV said:

It looks like an installation error, but without additional info, all I can recommend is to completely delete the JSI directory in GameData and reinstall with the latest version of RPM.

Happened to me as well. Did the reinstallation through CKAN (0.24.2.1) but the error persists.

After the reinstallation I got 2 folders inside GameData/JSI, which are Agencies and RPMPodPatches. 

Edited by DeepSpace

6 hours ago, nli2work said:

Hey MOARdV, thanks for keeping RPM going strong!

Are you maintaining JSIUtilities as well?

No, I'm not maintaining it.  RPM and DOE are plenty for me right now.

3 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Happened to me as well. Did the reinstallation through CKAN (0.24.2.1) but the error persists.

After the reinstallation I got 2 folders inside GameData/JSI, which are Agencies and RPMPodPatches. 

There isn't a version 0.24.2.1 of RPM.  The installation is missing the RasterPropMonitor directory (it should be there next to Agencies and RPMPodPatches).  You'll need to take that up with CKAN, or install RPM manually from GitHub.

23 minutes ago, Shadow86 said:

Is the MK1 Cockpit supposed to have RasterProp monitors? I think I remember that to be the case, but the cockpit looks vanilla to me now, with the default lights and "analog" navball.

As I stated previously, and as is noted in the release notes, the Mk1 cockpits are no longer RPM enabled.  Squad changed the IVAs, and they didn't update Part Tools so we can load those IVAs to edit them.  Maybe somebody has figured out how to work around that problem, but I don't have the time to mess with it.  I will happily incorporate a MM patch from anyone who's gotten RPM props installed in the newest version of the IVA.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:46 AM, sashan said:

Is it possible to change default FOV of my RPM camera? I want it to be narrow from the beginning and not after a thousand clicks on MFD button.

You should be able to hold down the zoom button if you're using a JSISteerableCamera (which the default MFDs use).  By default the cameras start at their minimum zoom setting, so if you edit the config files to change the default FOV, you won't be able to zoom out - only zoom closer from the new starting position.

3 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

you won't be able to zoom out - only zoom closer from the new starting position.

That's perfectly fine for me - the camera is linked to BDarmory radar and is tracking target. Zoom levels should quite high for it. So, I need to increase both min and max zoom. 15 degrees minimal FOV should be good, and maximal should be like 1 degree. Right now target is like 2 pixels wide even on highest default zoom.
Which files do I need to edit - MFD ones or camera's? I can't see anything concerning that neither in wiki nor in cameras configs.

Edited by sashan

10 hours ago, sashan said:

That's perfectly fine for me - the camera is linked to BDarmory radar and is tracking target. Zoom levels should quite high for it. So, I need to increase both min and max zoom. 15 degrees minimal FOV should be good, and maximal should be like 1 degree. Right now target is like 2 pixels wide even on highest default zoom.
Which files do I need to edit - MFD ones or camera's? I can't see anything concerning that neither in wiki nor in cameras configs.

Is this with the MFD from the RPM distribution?  If so, look at GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg.  Search for 'fovLimits', most likely the one associated with 'extCamAll'.

if this is someone else's MFD, you'll have to find the .cfg file for it, and then track down the fovLimits.

14 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Is this with the MFD from the RPM distribution?  If so, look at GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg.  Search for 'fovLimits', most likely the one associated with 'extCamAll'.

Ah, I see. FOV values are defined for MFDs. I've thought that it is more logical to define them individually for cameras - after all, they are defined mostly by camera lens and sensor size IRL.

7 hours ago, sashan said:

Ah, I see. FOV values are defined for MFDs. I've thought that it is more logical to define them individually for cameras - after all, they are defined mostly by camera lens and sensor size IRL.

Modeling physical (or physically correct) cameras wasn't a design goal for RPM.  By disconnecting the camera part from the camera controls, one can reuse the same part for multiple applications (different zoom limits, different yaw/pitch limits) simply by changing the way they're configured in the MFD.

11 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Modeling physical (or physically correct) cameras wasn't a design goal for RPM.  By disconnecting the camera part from the camera controls, one can reuse the same part for multiple applications (different zoom limits, different yaw/pitch limits) simply by changing the way they're configured in the MFD.

Still, it would be nice to have kind of multiplier for those values that can be added to part config.

Well, I;m getting it reported again about my mod - the camera is too much zoomed out. You can find a mod in my sig. Adding new prop and putting it in each cockpit isn't an option. :( 
So, I'll make it a request - additional multipliers or overrides for zoom and yaw/pitch limits that can be added to each camera config individually.

Edited by sashan

9 hours ago, sashan said:

Well, I;m getting it reported again about my mod - the camera is too much zoomed out. You can find a mod in my sig. Adding new prop and putting it in each cockpit isn't an option. :( 
So, I'll make it a request - additional multipliers or overrides for zoom and yaw/pitch limits that can be added to each camera config individually.

Another option is to add a page to the MFD configs with a bespoke configuration for your camera(s).  ModuleManager may be able to do that -- all it'd have to do is find the appropriate module in the config and add another page config.

As for multipliers - the yaw/pitch limits would be very messy to modify through a part config.  The zoom FOV would be only slightly less so.  In neither case would there be overrides.  About the only thing I can do without adding more complexity to the design is to provide a multiplier.  I can add an issue on GitHub for this feature, but I can't make any commitments to when I will get to it.

17 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I can add an issue on GitHub for this feature, but I can't make any commitments to when I will get to it.

Thanks, this would be good to have and most probably quite enough for my mod.