[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Hey @MOARdV, @JPLRepo,

Firstly thanks for making such an awesome mod/system. I have just built my first mod, and the last step was to incorporate RasterPropMonitor into my mod.   The results are great. I am running this in the 1.1 pre-release. Looking forward to when your official 1.1 version is released so that I can publish this :)

I had a bit of a toy around with the test build and the only thing I could find that might be wrong was the green HUD updates very slowly. (seems slower than older versions) - Haven't tried any "third party" mod support though.

Thanks again! :)

1 hour ago, spacetackle said:

I had a bit of a toy around with the test build and the only thing I could find that might be wrong was the green HUD updates very slowly. (seems slower than older versions) - Haven't tried any "third party" mod support though.

Check in the logs to see if there's anything in there (like warnings / errors).  I  haven't specifically looked at the HUD code yet, but I have made changes in the last couple of days that may have some bearing.

I have updated the dev build on DropBox once again (RPM v0.25.0 for KSP 1.1).  This is a big update - @JPLRepo's new JSIAdvTransparentPod module makes its debut.  The transparent pod code has been split off into its own DLL, and it takes advantage of the KSP 1.1 cut-away feature to provide better performance.  Speaking of performance, there are a few changes in the core RPM code that should help reduce the CPU overhead of having IVAs with many, many props (although a number of these changes require prop updates).  The changes are mostly documented in the wiki.

1 minute ago, MOARdV said:

I have updated the dev build on DropBox once again (RPM v0.25.0 for KSP 1.1).  This is a big update - @JPLRepo's new JSIAdvTransparentPod module makes its debut.  The transparent pod code has been split off into its own DLL, and it takes advantage of the KSP 1.1 cut-away feature to provide better performance.  Speaking of performance, there are a few changes in the core RPM code that should help reduce the CPU overhead of having IVAs with many, many props (although a number of these changes require prop updates).  The changes are mostly documented in the wiki.

Yay ! I will give it a try asap !

5 hours ago, MOARdV said:

JSIAdvTransparentPods won't do anything until mod authors change their models and configs to use it.

RasterPropMonitor v0.25.0 is now available on GitHub.  This is a provisional release, since I tested against beta versions of RealChute and Docking Port Alignment Indicator, and I have not tested against FAR or Pilot Assistant for a long time (I don't use those mods, and I no longer have an IVA that can use the latter at all).

There are lots of changes, many of them under-the-hood and (hopefully) beneficial to performance, although some of *those* changes will only help people using more advanced IVAs (ASET ALCOR and ASET props) that have been updated to take advantage of those changes.  A lengthy list of the changes is at the GitHub link above, and on the GitHub wiki.

31 minutes ago, Noro113 said:

Anyone help me with this problem? I try to download the update through ckan but it says it trying to overwrite a file in another mod and stops

Same here.  Looks like RPM is trying to overwrite a file registered to RPM Core.  

1 hour ago, Noro113 said:

Anyone help me with this problem? I try to download the update through ckan but it says it trying to overwrite a file in another mod and stops

53 minutes ago, TheGreatB3 said:

Same here.  Looks like RPM is trying to overwrite a file registered to RPM Core.  

That is an issue with CKAN.  You will need to take it up with them.

I've released a hotfix for an end-of-line problem that showed up after I'd published v0.25.0.  The hotfix is v0.25.0.36940.

16 hours ago, MOARdV said:

That is an issue with CKAN.  You will need to take it up with them.

I've released a hotfix for an end-of-line problem that showed up after I'd published v0.25.0.  The hotfix is v0.25.0.36940.

Yep it fixed after a day

Im having issue where with this mod after the update. The MK1 inline cockpit just keeps the regular IVA view. No rasterprop :( All the other pods and cockpits works nice, but not this one. Am I the only one getting this problem or is this a known issue with this release?

56 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

Im having issue where with this mod after the update. The MK1 inline cockpit just keeps the regular IVA view. No rasterprop :( All the other pods and cockpits works nice, but not this one. Am I the only one getting this problem or is this a known issue with this release?

The changelog mentions this cockpit has no IVA screens yet.

1 hour ago, Valkyria90 said:

Like @TaintedLion said, it's a known issue.  Release notes are your friend (even if they are a wall of text this time).

Hey, I am having an issue where all the screens have "pink squares" over them. I have tried getting help elsewhere with no luck; have reinstalled the mod countless times; have checked the texture files and they look all good; installed the latest module manager, and made certain there was no duplicates or other versions in Gamedata; and have tried without any other mods, and with. No luck. I have also made certain I installed it correctly and yet the problem persists. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. I am running the game in the latest KSP 1.1 version, and using the latest RPM version as well (v0.25.0 + hotfix 36940).
http://s31.postimg.org/deiexed4r/screenshot0.png

Thanks

Self-Resolved:  CKAN is not formatting this mod correctly when building it in the gamedata folder.  Done trying to be lazy using mod managers.  Downloading from the forum and doing a self install made all well.

I was attempting to get this mod working to the point I have done a clean KSP install with only RPM installed assuming it was a corruption with a different mod.  However, quite curiously every time I load the IVA on any aircraft I see only blank spaces where the Screens should sit.  The cockpits go 'grey' with nothing to view but the rearranged stock instruments.   Can't figure it out.

Screenshot

http://s31.postimg.org/abx1dh75m/20160420183559_1.jpg

Edited by LunaCPlays

12 minutes ago, LunaCPlays said:

I was attempting to get this mod working to the point I have done a clean KSP install with only RPM installed assuming it was a corruption with a different mod.  However, quite curiously every time I load the IVA on any aircraft I see only blank spaces where the Screens should sit.  The cockpits go 'grey' with nothing to view but the rearranged stock instruments.   Can't figure it out.

Same here, fresh install with only mods that have been updated for 1.1. Mk1-2 pod:

fJX6zKJ.png

I have a question about the camera that comes bundled with the mod:

Is it possible to take pictures with the camera using an in-game command like an action group? I know I can just take a screenshot while IVA and pull the image of the screen from my screenshots folder, but I'd like to actually tell a probe that doesn't have an IVA to use the camera to take pictures that would then save to the screenshots folder, and possibly also have an option to "transmit" the image back to KSC for science points. I really want to do a Cassini-style probe flyby of the Jool system, and have it take tons of photos, save them locally on a "hard drive" in the probe, and then transmit them in a big data dump back to KSC when a connection is established.

I'm also getting blank grey areas where the RPM screens should be. I'm running KSP 1.1.0.1230 x64 and RPM version 0.25.0.36940 installed via CKAN  . I tried uninstalling and reinstalling RPM but the same grey spaces were there in IVA.

@HebaruSan - if you installed via CKAN, please remove the mod and install it manually.  @Movado - install RPM manually.  CKAN is not installing this mod correctly.

@blorgon - RPM doesn't take screen shots unless you're in the IVA, and then it only does screenshots of the displays that are in the pod.  Expanding it to take screenshots from cameras installed on probes is outside the scope of what the mod does.  That'd probably be a better match with HullCam VDS, or maybe DMagic Orbital Science.

6 hours ago, AlexSheFF said:

CKAN is installing the RasterPropMonitor folder directly in GameData and not in the JSI folder. Manual moving of the RasterPropMonitor folder into the JSI one solves the problem.

Thanks! That's a step in the right direction, but the displays show up as solid blocks of purple instead of drawing shapes and letters. I tried deleting ModuleManager.ConfigSHA and ModuleManager.ConfigCache in case there was some weird caching, and no luck.

rhW6xGY.png

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

@HebaruSan - if you installed via CKAN, please remove the mod and install it manually.  @Movado - install RPM manually.  CKAN is not installing this mod correctly.

What's the right place to report this packaging issue? Should I check in with the folks on the CKAN threads?

Hey. I hope you guys can help me:

I have set up a monitor with an external camera attached just fine. But is is possible to lower the cameras near clipping plane? It seems to be quite high and I would like to shield the camera (and thus block the view of it) with an object (during ascent), but this object would need to be meters big now before the camera sees it/gets blocked in view by it.

If this inst possible i probably have to go the way with Master-slave usage of JSIActionGroupSwitch to have the shield object move withj an animation and the monitor page turned on with a button or something, but the way by just decoupling the object would be nicer.

22 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

What's the right place to report this packaging issue? Should I check in with the folks on the CKAN threads?

Don't think you need to report it to anyone. The RPM package was updated on CKAN, and it seems to install just fine now.