[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Hello :)

Thank you so much for all the hard work that is put in to this beauty. I absolutely love this mod, It makes the game so immersive! Playing full missions and landings inside the cockpit is possible with this and is such a wonderful
experience.

I happily have used this with Waypoint Manager before with no issues for a while now, but after 1.1 I am experiencing the same black navball inside cockpit and spamming exceptions  that Galenmacil is getting upon selecting a way-point.

Just curious and wanted to check in and see if there was ever a fix found for that error or if anyone else was still experiencing this issue as well.

3 hours ago, Kreetcha said:

Hello :)

Thank you so much for all the hard work that is put in to this beauty. I absolutely love this mod, It makes the game so immersive! Playing full missions and landings inside the cockpit is possible with this and is such a wonderful
experience.

I happily have used this with Waypoint Manager before with no issues for a while now, but after 1.1 I am experiencing the same black navball inside cockpit and spamming exceptions  that Galenmacil is getting upon selecting a way-point.

Just curious and wanted to check in and see if there was ever a fix found for that error or if anyone else was still experiencing this issue as well.

As I stated on the last page, there will be a workaround in the next release.  I've got higher-priority bugs that need to be resolved first, and then I need to tidy up the last few outstanding issues before I make a release.

Hi @MOARdV:

Thanks for keeping RPM going! :) I'm wondering if you might be able to shed some light on an issue I have with a custom docking port I created. For some reason, the RPM screen doesn't show the image from the custom port, and I suspect I'm missing a configuration somewhere. First, here are a couple of shots showing an image from the stock Clamp-O-Tron. It would appear that I have set up RPM correctly:

J6yuTX6.png

3eOsIHu.png

Here's what I see from my custom docking port:

fuBMgGs.png

For some reason, the image appears to be black. I think it might have to do with the transform but I'm not sure. Anyway, here's how I set up my custom port:

ZKlReis.png

And here is the setup for the stock Clamp-O-Tron Jr port:

ml76Teo.png

Finally, here is the config from the clamp-o-tron jr:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = size0
        stagingEnabled = False
    }

Have you seen this type of issue before? If so, do you have any suggestions about how I can resolve it? If you need more info, please let me know. Thanks for your help and insight. :)

Edited by Angel-125

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you seen this type of issue before? If so, do you have any suggestions about how I can resolve it? If you need more info, please let me know.

I'll try to answer as best I can.  It looks like the docking port camera uses the root game object transform of the model.  It rotates the camera 90 degrees around X, but Mihara didn't document why it does that.  The first thing I would look at is to see if your root transform is oriented the same way as a stock docking port.  I *think* the camera assumes it points along the +Y axis of the root transform, but I'm not completely sure.

If that isn't it, it's probably best if you can put the part/config on DropBox or wherever so I can try it out with some test builds of RasterPropMonitor (it'll be a lot quicker if I can make changes, compile, and test here) and figure out RPM thinks its doing.

BTW - are those stage lock covered flip switches using the models from the RPM install?

16 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I'll try to answer as best I can.  It looks like the docking port camera uses the root game object transform of the model.  It rotates the camera 90 degrees around X, but Mihara didn't document why it does that.  The first thing I would look at is to see if your root transform is oriented the same way as a stock docking port.  I *think* the camera assumes it points along the +Y axis of the root transform, but I'm not completely sure.

If that isn't it, it's probably best if you can put the part/config on DropBox or wherever so I can try it out with some test builds of RasterPropMonitor (it'll be a lot quicker if I can make changes, compile, and test here) and figure out RPM thinks its doing.

BTW - are those stage lock covered flip switches using the models from the RPM install?

I'll take a look and package up some files for you when I get home from work, thank you :)

Yes, those are stage lock covered flip switches from the RPM install.

37 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yes, those are stage lock covered flip switches from the RPM install.

I guess I better not deprecate them after all.  I didn't realize anyone had found them. :)

@MOARdV Thanks again for taking a look at the part. :) I tried what you suggested last night but unfortunately I don't know enough about RPM to solve it on my own. I've zipped up the part as it appears in the MOLE mod, and included a Unity package just in case. You can find the zip here. Thanks again for your help! :)

Hi there,

I tried to install RPM tonight and am reasonably sure I did it -correctly-. However, none of the RPM screens show up in IVA when I enter that view (just a blank space remains)

I'm running a clean install of KSP, 64 bit, Windows 10

ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll and JSI folder is in .../gamedata

I've tried re-downloading this mod multiple times. Anyone got a fix for screens not showing up? I've scoured google, and the past few pages of this thread but this seems to have gone unanswered. Could it possibly be a Windows 10 bug?

6 hours ago, QQuMADbrah said:

Hi there,

I tried to install RPM tonight and am reasonably sure I did it -correctly-. However, none of the RPM screens show up in IVA when I enter that view (just a blank space remains)

I'm running a clean install of KSP, 64 bit, Windows 10

ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll and JSI folder is in .../gamedata

I've tried re-downloading this mod multiple times. Anyone got a fix for screens not showing up? I've scoured google, and the past few pages of this thread but this seems to have gone unanswered. Could it possibly be a Windows 10 bug?

I run on Win10.  Please provide the ksp.log from your KSP installation directory.

3 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

I want to project a cameraTransform onto a HUD. Is there anyway to make the projected image transparent?

Edit: And possibly monochrome?

Not currently.  I should be able to extend the upcoming external camera effects support to the HUD, which would allow monochrome full-screen images (or "night vision green", for that matter).  I could also add transparency support to that.  You are looking for a full-screen camera projection, and not a picture-in-picture effect, correct?

6 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

You are looking for a full-screen camera projection, and not a picture-in-picture effect, correct?

Correct. I'm sorta able to get the effect I want by reducing the opacity of the screen in Unity. But doing that also affects the rest of the monitor such as the HUD ladder.

Reference.

esVugLl.png

1 hour ago, martinezfg11 said:

Correct. I'm sorta able to get the effect I want by reducing the opacity of the screen in Unity. But doing that also affects the rest of the monitor such as the HUD ladder.

Okay.  Let me see what I can come up with.

2 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Last thing, is it possible to make different groups of polygons on a HUD appear with a page selected?

You can make the various bar graphs appear and disappear on a HUD page (JSIHUD background module).  As for arbitrary polygons, not currently, unless you're using the JSIGraphingBackground, at which point you don't have the basic HUD ladder stuff visible.

11 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

The HUD camera seems to render everything but the planet's surface. Just wondering if you've noticed that before.

That's ... a feature!  Yeah!

I haven't used the HUD camera functionality in forever (not since I implemented it).  It may well be missing something from the 1.1 update.

14 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

The HUD camera seems to render everything but the planet's surface. Just wondering if you've noticed that before.

I tried it out, and it's rendering everything for me.  I've got rudimentary post-processing support working, except transparency.  Right now, it's opaque, which is probably not too helpful for a HUD display.

Awesome. Thanks for the support! 

My goal is to do a "landing mode" page for the HUD kind of like the VTOL mode in orbiter.

The ALCOR MFD already does this with it's landing mode. I'm just in the experimenting process right now.

GPIS_3_21.png

4 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

My goal is to do a "landing mode" page for the HUD kind of like the VTOL mode in orbiter.

The ALCOR MFD already does this with it's landing mode. I'm just in the experimenting process right now.

GPIS_3_21.png

Yeah.. Orbiter.. still has some great functions that would be cool in ksp... like the MFD's...

On 6/11/2016 at 0:32 PM, martinezfg11 said:

I have a "I think it works" dev build on DropBox. It adds the variable "_Opacity" to the post-processing effects, which should adjust the transparency of the "RPM/Grayscale" or "RPM/Greenscale" shader.  I don't have a good IVA with a HUD available to test whether it works as intended right now, but it should be sufficient for an opaque image for testing purposes.

23 hours ago, MK3424 said:

Yeah.. Orbiter.. still has some great functions that would be cool in ksp... like the MFD's...

If there are specific features of the MFDs that are missing, let me know so I can add them (I still haven't played Orbiter).  If the features are already available in RasterPropMonitor, then feel free to update the existing MFDs and share them, so everyone else can enjoy the updates.  I'm more than happy to update the existing MFDs, but I don't have the time to work on them along with the mod and my own IVAs.

@MOARdV, I'm looking at the ASET Life Support Monitor Prop. I'd like to modify it to use USI-LS resources, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Do you know anything about how it defines which resources it tracks, and if I can change that in the cfg file?

10 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@MOARdV, I'm looking at the ASET Life Support Monitor Prop. I'd like to modify it to use USI-LS resources, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Do you know anything about how it defines which resources it tracks, and if I can change that in the cfg file?

IT looks like it's tracking various resources (OXYGEN, WATER, FOOD, CARBONDIOXIDE, WASTEWATER, and WASTE).  These are defined in its config file, ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/LifeSupportMonitor/LifeSupportMonitor.cfg.  It should be trivial to edit the file to rename the resources to whatever USI-LS calls them.  It looks like there are also a couple of places where it changes behaviors based on whether TAC Life Support is loaded, so you'd want to change those to look for USI-LS.

So I'm having a little trouble getting the opacity to work. This is what my config shows:

Setting "_Opacity" to any value does not seem to affect the opacity of the camera. Am I doing it right?

name = JSIHeadsUpDisplay
				method = RenderHUD
				backgroundColor = 0,0,0,20
				cameraTransform = LC3-POD-ExtCamera
				cameraEffectShader = RPM/Grayscale
				cameraEffectVariable = _Opacity,0.5

Also, here's a video of the planet ground render issue I mentioned earlier.