[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

3 hours ago, Enceos said:

Just playin' KSP xD wanted some first person immersion, don't like when my camera refocuses out of IVA after docking.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:
1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

No, it unfortunately doesn't.  If you get kicked out of IVA, that's because the vessel you were flying ceased to exist - when it docked with the other vessel / station, KSP decided to add clones of the parts from your vessel to the other vessel.  It might be possible to add a feature like that, but any such effort will be in my Avionics Systems mod, not RPM.

Along the same lines, it would be nice to be able to remain inside IVA (reliably) when un-docking from the Target screen.   And intra-ship transfer from IVA while you're at it.  :D

Edited by nukeboyt

I'm having a problem on my mac desktop with the 1.2 prerelease where it tells me that ERROR: RastorPropMonitor.dll must be in Gamedata/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins but its in GameData/. I made sure this wasnt there and it wasn't, it was in the correct spot. I really love this mod and i was in awe that something like it existed so it would be cool if you had a solution.

Installed and it works but it gave me a drop in frame rate that was quite severe when in IVA view. A quick question then: What should one expect in terms of frame rate drops (tricky seeing there are all sorts of hardware among us players, but in general)? Would you say this mod is extensively resource hungry compared to other mods?

8 hours ago, Not Sure said:

I'm having a problem on my mac desktop with the 1.2 prerelease where it tells me that ERROR: RastorPropMonitor.dll must be in Gamedata/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins but its in GameData/. I made sure this wasnt there and it wasn't, it was in the correct spot. I really love this mod and i was in awe that something like it existed so it would be cool if you had a solution.

I have never heard of this happening if the mod was not installed wrong, and I have not heard of anyone else on a Mac having this problem, so the only solution I can offer based on this information is "make sure you installed this mod correctly".  Remove it, make sure you don't have a copy of the DLL in GameData/, and install it again.

1 hour ago, LN400 said:

Installed and it works but it gave me a drop in frame rate that was quite severe when in IVA view. A quick question then: What should one expect in terms of frame rate drops (tricky seeing there are all sorts of hardware among us players, but in general)? Would you say this mod is extensively resource hungry compared to other mods?

I would not say it is extensively resource hungry.  I've measured the mod's update performance, and it's in the sub-millisecond range on my desktop computer, which means it's using less than 5% of the FixedUpdate budget.  There are parts of it that are not extensively optimized (extra allocations that lead to garbage collection), but even in the complex IVAs I've used, such as the ALCOR lander, I don't get much more than a flicker of yellow due to garbage collection every few seconds.  You may check the config file where the mod was installed and make sure DebugLogging is set to 'false' (it should be by default).

1 hour ago, Fwiffo said:

Just to confirm: hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg from Beta2 is no longer needed?

If you have the updated version of Hullcam VDS then it is no longer needed.

Alright, after 2 reinstalls and removal of(not) all mods it changes a small bit: ERROR: RastorPropMonitor.dll must be in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/plugins but its in GameData/RasterPropMonitor.028.0beta4/. Im not sure why it changed but hopefully this gave some light on what's the issue.

10 hours ago, Not Sure said:

Alright, after 2 reinstalls and removal of(not) all mods it changes a small bit: ERROR: RastorPropMonitor.dll must be in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/plugins but its in GameData/RasterPropMonitor.028.0beta4/. Im not sure why it changed but hopefully this gave some light on what's the issue.

The mod is installed incorrectly.  The readme in the RPM zip file tells you how to unzip the mod and install it: Merge the GameData folder in the zip file into your GameData folder.  If you follow those instructions - and you have removed the incorrectly installed copies of the mod - it will work.

how does one go about making the "MFD" used in various internals.  I would like to maybe try to make custom MFD setup for my use, or even to distribute back to the community.

I do not mean the "physical" 3d part.  I mean the "software" that runs on it.  how do I define what happens when certain buttons are pressed etc.  

basically where do I begin reading? and what tools will I need?

2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

how does one go about making the "MFD" used in various internals.  I would like to maybe try to make custom MFD setup for my use, or even to distribute back to the community.

I do not mean the "physical" 3d part.  I mean the "software" that runs on it.  how do I define what happens when certain buttons are pressed etc.  

basically where do I begin reading? and what tools will I need?

Start with the wiki: here and here, for instance.  Take a look at the example MFD that ships with RPM.  Mess around with it, make changes, and experiment.  No tools required, unless you want to edit IVAs to add a new MFD.

Alright, after removing JSI from game data and keeping it as its own "game data" folder i have evrything exept for iva, it is still stock, but i do have the camera and flag. do id need to download something else? in some previous tests it was admitting that everything was in the right spot but it still showed the error that it was wrong, but now wit that jsi folder change all the errors are gone. but before i was copying everything into the mod folder including the read all (which i have now read) which might have been the cause of a problem. Im just rambling here, all that there is is no loading screen errors but IVA doesn't work. Still a beginner modder, sorry if its just some little mistakes.

26 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Do you have Module Manager installed?  It is a required mod, and it is not currently packaged with RPM.

IT WORKS! haha! you knew it all along. Thanks, i learned a lot about mods on my journey.

Thanks for maintaining this mod @MOARdV, I have used it for so long I don't even recall ever playing without it.
 My original account was about a month old when the forums got wiped out, so I've been here for a time. Think it was about 0.18 after putting 100+ hours into the 0.13 demo, which had limited modding support at the time. I recall coming across it very early on, so it's most certainly an essential.:cool:

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:05 AM, MOARdV said:

Start with the wiki: here and here, for instance.  Take a look at the example MFD that ships with RPM.  Mess around with it, make changes, and experiment.  No tools required, unless you want to edit IVAs to add a new MFD.

ah thanks this looks like it will be easier than I thought.  the real trick is going to be integrating all the extra stuff like camera, docking indicators, vessel viewer,  etc. that are on the various pages.  the actual MFD pages look like they will be fairly straight forward.

8 hours ago, decotime said:

Hi 

Will this great mod be updated & maintained for future releases ?  like KSP 1.2 ??

Thankyou for making the best mod ever 

@MOARdV is presently working on a successor to RPM, but has kept RPM updated.  He has posted this link to a beta version that works in 1.2

@MOARdV   I would like to make a suggestion. The autopilot menu defaults to the mechjeb version. Players who don't have mechjeb installed will have to press the button twice to get the stock sas menu to show. I looked through your mod's cfg files, and found I could make it default to the stock sas by opening the MFD40x20.cfg file in JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD and switching the following:

Spoiler

The file usually has:

Spoiler

// -------------------- Page 'D'  SmartASS/MJ control -----------------------------------

PAGE
    {
        name = smartass
        button = button_D
        text = MechJeb software not installed.
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = MechJebRPM
            method = ShowMenu
            pageActiveMethod = PageActive
            buttonClickMethod = ClickProcessor
            pageTitle = ----------- Autopilot control -----------
        }
        textureURL = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/bg01
    }            PAGE
    {
        name = sas
        button = button_D
        text = Autopilot software not installed.
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = JSISASMenu
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }

mechjeb is listed first, but it will show the stock sas menu first if you switch them, like this:

Spoiler

// -------------------- Page 'D'  SmartASS/MJ control -----------------------------------

PAGE
    {
        name = sas
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = JSISASMenu
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }
    PAGE
    {
        name = smartass
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = MechJebRPM
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }        

I think the stock sas should be the default because not all players will have mechjeb installed. It would only take a minute or two to switch them.

3 minutes ago, Micro753 said:

@MOARdV   I would like to make a suggestion. The autopilot menu defaults to the mechjeb version. Players who don't have mechjeb installed will have to press the button twice to get the stock sas menu to show. I looked through your mod's cfg files, and found I could make it default to the stock sas by opening the MFD40x20.cfg file in JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD and switching the following:

Hide contents

The file usually has:

Reveal hidden contents

PAGE
    {
        name = smartass
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = MechJebRPM
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }            PAGE
    {
        name = sas
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = JSISASMenu
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }

mechjeb is listed first, but it will show the stock sas menu first if you switch them, like this:

Reveal hidden contents

PAGE
    {
        name = sas
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = JSISASMenu
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }
    PAGE
    {
        name = smartass
        button = button_D
        PAGEHANDLER
        {
            name = MechJebRPM
            method = ShowMenu
        }
    }        

I think the stock sas should be the default because not all players will have mechjeb installed. It would only take a minute or two to switch them.

You could just write a MM patch to do what you want so you wouldn't have to edit your files agian

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 9:44 AM, nukeboyt said:

@MOARdV is presently working on a successor to RPM, but has kept RPM updated.  He has posted this link to a beta version that works in 1.2

What's the name of the successor? O.O

I want it, I want it!. 

I'm still unable to get my "100% needed" setup of MODs updated [Esentially, RPM+Chatterer+KAS+MJ2+RT2+SCANSAT+Tweakscale+TCA] so maybe I'd try something new =). 

52 minutes ago, gobolinno said:

What's the name of the successor? O.O

MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  It is not ready for casual use, and there are zero IVA currently available for it.  I have a 98% functional IVA for the one pod I use as a crew transfer device, and I know alexustas and DeputyLOL both have IVAs they've worked on with it, but it will *not* be a "install this mod and instantly have lots of updated IVAs" situation - IVAs take soooo long for me to create that I won't be making a bunch of them.  Someone else is will have to help out on that.

Hey, I didn't check to see if this is already been posted, but the MK1 cockpit (not the inline version) is broken. Visually, the door (ironically labeled "do not open in flight") has been swung 90° outwards so the inside of the door faces up and the outside faces down, exposing my kerbs to the dark vacuum of space. Also, the "docking mode" screen has been flipped inside the front panel assembly, and the top buttons of the top screen in the IVA facing forward are usable but hidden, making it a fun guessing game to try and find the function you're after. Dev plz nerf, lol. :D