[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

On 1/16/2017 at 5:42 AM, MOARdV said:

Unfortunately, there isn't. This is a limitation of the way RPM was implemented.  Camera state is not persistent, and the only variable-driven element of the pages are the text overlays, not the backgrounds.

I just heard about Avionics Systems, kudos to you for making a successor. :) You probably already have a persistence solution, but if not, I figured out a persistence trick for props some time ago, and use it with my internal monitors. You can find the relevant part modules here if interested. Specifically, the internal plasma screen and prop state helper. Looking forward to seeing MAS in action. :)

Edited by Angel-125

I just started with RPM and it's very cool - definitely a game changer! Some quick questions though...

I got RPM by way of the HOYO Command pod 

What's the best way to look at those screens while IVA? I've noticed that they are rarely anywhere near eye level of the Kerbal, so it seems I'm always looking at them at some off-angle. Is that just how it is? 

Is there just the one camera part or are there others? 

1 hour ago, Lunar Sea said:

I just started with RPM and it's very cool - definitely a game changer! Some quick questions though...

I got RPM by way of the HOYO Command pod 

What's the best way to look at those screens while IVA? I've noticed that they are rarely anywhere near eye level of the Kerbal, so it seems I'm always looking at them at some off-angle. Is that just how it is? 

Is there just the one camera part or are there others? 

Screen placement in an IVA is a decision of whoever configured the IVA.  If they're in awkward or difficult locations, you should take it up with whoever made the HOYO Command pod, assuming that pod isn't recycling one of the stock example IVAs that ships with RPM.

RPM includes just the one example camera part.  Last I checked, the Hullcam VDS external camera parts have configs that are compatible with RPM, so that provides you some additional options.  I've seen a couple of other parts with RPM configs here-and-there in mods, as well.

1 hour ago, lethalparadox0 said:

Is there anyway that this mod will allow players to set up maneuver nodes from the IVA? Or is there another mod that allows this?

I'm sorry!  To the best of my knowledge, there are no mods (not even this one) that allow creation of maneuver nodes while in IVA.     But it is very fun to learn how to navigate while in IVA without maneuver nodes.   There are many Youtube videos that explain IVA Only missions (including a few by me).

Make sure that the JSI folder is in the GameData folder.   Try deleting the JSI folder from the GameData folder and replacing it with a newly downloaded version (fresh install).  I always open the .zip download then drag & drop the mod folder (in this case JSI) to another window that has the GameData folder open.  I've always been successful in doing this and I believe it will fix your problem.   Also, make sure ModuleManager.x.x.x.dll is also in the GameData folder (although the location isn't that critical.)   Let me know if this works.

Edit:

Also,  make sure that you don't have a GameData folder inside GameData "\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\JSI" is a common mistake.  The correct path would be: "\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI"

Edited by nukeboyt
Another thought.

Nope, not working. I have checked if JSI is in the correct spot, redownloaded and tested, yet RPM still not showing up. I tried removing all mods, leaving only ModuleManager with JSI in Gamedata folder but it's still not working. Could it be I'm using KSP x64 bit that's why it's not working? I'll try downloading the x32 bit and test it out. Will get back soon!

Edit:

Tried with 32bit version. Still not working :(

I feel stupid saying this but... I was testing using Mk1 Inline cockpit. GOSH my bad, it's working! Thanks for the help.

Edited by FlyinWhale
Follow up info.

Getting into IVA-only play and loving it. Having a blast learning how to do everything from the MFDs. One question though: is there any way of transferring fuel from IVA? That's literally the only thing I have to leave IVA for and it would be awesome to find a way to transfer fuel without leaving IVA, even if it's clunky!

Installed the mod and I enjoy it immensely. Took some screenshots to show a friend to try and entice him back to Kerbin:
92iz5lZ.jpg

Launched up the game last night and threw Jeb in to fly (the previous flight/screenshot was Valentina) and noticed that the cockpit is a bit different:
sPko5BQ.jpg

Swapped back to Valentina to confirm I wasn't crazy:
KcVtN3y.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this inconsistency with pilots and RPM? It looks like Jeb is a bit taller and looking at this from a different POV?

Edit: I should add that this is the Mk1 Cockpit

Edited by enjoystastycheeses
Added the cockpit

47 minutes ago, enjoystastycheeses said:

Has anyone else noticed this inconsistency with pilots and RPM? It looks like Jeb is a bit taller and looking at this from a different POV?

Male and female kerbals have different head models causing them to have different viewpoints.

19 minutes ago, enjoystastycheeses said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Am I able to do anything about it so that poor Jeb isn't sidelined?

Nope it's a stock thing that's very hard to change. There are mods that change the textures of Kerbals but none that change the models.

8 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Nope it's a stock thing that's very hard to change. There are mods that change the textures of Kerbals but none that change the models.

Ok - good to know, thanks. The workaround I discovered was that by clicking on the left/right windows I can move the camera around to access the buttons that are obscured. Not perfect, but hey - we can't have it all :)

1 hour ago, enjoystastycheeses said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Am I able to do anything about it so that poor Jeb isn't sidelined?

That's really weird -- many of those cockpits/HUDs were designed pre-female kerbals, weren't they? Why would they suddenly be off for Jeb?

3 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

That's really weird -- many of those cockpits/HUDs were designed pre-female kerbals, weren't they? Why would they suddenly be off for Jeb?

I think it was fine in the stock game, the devs didnt see a problem but now this mod has made the tiny shifts noticeable. 

2 hours ago, enjoystastycheeses said:

Ok - good to know, thanks. The workaround I discovered was that by clicking on the left/right windows I can move the camera around to access the buttons that are obscured. Not perfect, but hey - we can't have it all :)

Right click anywhere and you can move camera around. Right click again to release cursor.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, maja said:

Right click anywhere and you can move camera around. Right click again to release cursor.

nah, he meant you can double click on the windows or eva hatches or just places in the cockpit to completely shift the camera. try it out on the MK2 inline cockpit. it has a whole second floor. Speaking of, how do i make interiors? id love to have them in the inline cockpits as those are the aircraft ones i use most.

2 hours ago, Not Sure said:

Speaking of, how do i make interiors?

You will need to install Unity and the KSP PartTools (and install the PartTools).  After that, load an interior, add props, save, and enjoy.  (although that last sentence makes it sound much simpler than it really is - the IVAs I make for myself take 40+ hours to get tuned to just how I want them)

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

You will need to install Unity and the KSP PartTools (and install the PartTools).  After that, load an interior, add props, save, and enjoy.  (although that last sentence makes it sound much simpler than it really is - the IVAs I make for myself take 40+ hours to get tuned to just how I want them)

completly new to unity, i've found the files of the prop and interior,and the correct unity version, could you tell me or show a link to somewhere on how to modify these?

11 hours ago, Not Sure said:

completly new to unity, i've found the files of the prop and interior,and the correct unity version, could you tell me or show a link to somewhere on how to modify these?

This link provides some info: IVA Editing, and there are a couple of other threads in the Add-on Development section of the forum.

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

This link provides some info: IVA Editing, and there are a couple of other threads in the Add-on Development section of the forum.

i found this helpful thread, but all the images wont show, so i am confused beyond ever before. Why cant there be any videos or working threads on importing stock parts into unity? ive found 50 on how to create new parts, but those are all loading from a different application. 

Edited by Not Sure

This video is the most help ive gotten so far, but he is using completely different files than the interior files that I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWF6Qv9Dhk

Can somebody tell me what i need to do? i've gotten pretty far now, so i dont think its a big difference. i'm just lost on how to load s t o c k interiors. as soon as i figure this out i'm going to make a video to help helpless souls like me.