[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

On 2/4/2017 at 8:45 AM, MOARdV said:

Assuming the interface RPM uses to talk to FAR didn't change, a new version of FAR would "just work".  If something changed, then RPM would have to account for those changes.  Once ferram releases an official build, I'll check it out and see what changes RPM needs, but I won't look at it before then.

I had some issues but turns out it was just me causing my own problems. I had switched a few cockpit to use ASET IVAs from other mods and forgot to add an RPMcomputer Module to the part. So that was causing issues that I thought had to do with FAR. Just me being forgetful :P Thanks for the amazing mod. Can't wait for MAS!! 

@MOARdV. I know you have a feature freeze on RPM while you develop for MAS, but I have a question about the possible consideration for inclusion in MAS.   Regarding integration with SCANsat; would it be possible to choose to view a map from a different celestial body (instead of just the one that who's SOI you're in)?   The "Big Map" in SCANsat has the ability to do this.

21 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

@MOARdV. I know you have a feature freeze on RPM while you develop for MAS, but I have a question about the possible consideration for inclusion in MAS.   Regarding integration with SCANsat; would it be possible to choose to view a map from a different celestial body (instead of just the one that who's SOI you're in)?   The "Big Map" in SCANsat has the ability to do this.

SCANsat controls the SCANsat behavior in RPM, so it would be possible for that feature to be added in RPM without me doing anything. :)

When I gird myself sufficiently to tackle MFDs in MAS (that is the main holdup on a public alpha - I really don't want to write MFD support code), I may revisit the interface I use with SCANsat, and I'd be willing to add support for selecting worlds then if it doesn't show up in SCANsat for RPM sooner.

I'm not sure if anybody is aware of this, or if it's even worth fixing, but I've noticed the camera FOV isn't how it should be in cockpit view.

avgNBwX.png

I'm using Hullcam's science camera, here you can see the FOV is supposed to be able to see over the top LES nosecone and all the way down to part of a lower stage's fuel tank.

lHzvsai.jpg

Here's how it looks when I activate the camera in flight mode from the camera's right-click menu. It looks fine - how I expect it to look.

350l8oi.jpg

But in RPM's IVA view, it looks like it's zoomed in way too far. I pressed the down buttom repeatedly to zoom out but it's already zoomed out as far as it goes. You can't even see the whole command pod. I get that normally the game's view is landscape and in IVA the camera views are square so some space should be cut off at the left and right, but that's not just the case here.

I hope I explained that well enough :P Is this an issue or am I doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent so much time trying to figure this out but it still doesn't work. I've extracted the JSI file into "GameData", and I've checked the FAQ for troubleshooting but still haven't gotten it to work. The game loads up fine but when I go into the IVA none of the monitors are there. I've checked with many (if not all) the stock cockpits but no monitors are in any of them. what should I do now?

On 3/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, yorshee said:

I'm not sure if anybody is aware of this, or if it's even worth fixing, but I've noticed the camera FOV isn't how it should be in cockpit view.

avgNBwX.png

I'm using Hullcam's science camera, here you can see the FOV is supposed to be able to see over the top LES nosecone and all the way down to part of a lower stage's fuel tank.

lHzvsai.jpg

Here's how it looks when I activate the camera in flight mode from the camera's right-click menu. It looks fine - how I expect it to look.

350l8oi.jpg

But in RPM's IVA view, it looks like it's zoomed in way too far. I pressed the down buttom repeatedly to zoom out but it's already zoomed out as far as it goes. You can't even see the whole command pod. I get that normally the game's view is landscape and in IVA the camera views are square so some space should be cut off at the left and right, but that's not just the case here.

I hope I explained that well enough :P Is this an issue or am I doing something wrong?

It almost looks like its cropping the full camera feed down to fit the MFD panel.  

On 3/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, yorshee said:

(snip picture)

(snip picture)

(snip picture)

Hullcam defines its own behaviors for cameras.  RPM does not use Hullcam's parameters for IVA - all it does is use the camera's position in the Hullcam part.  So, in essence, there are two cameras - the Hullcam camera you can view from outside, and the RPM camera you view from IVA.  

The cones in the editor are there only to show you which way the camera is pointed - it doesn't reflect the actual camera FOV, since the FOV in RPM is defined in the MFD's config, not in the camera.  That may seem weird, but that's the way it was done way back when Mihara wrote it.  I don't remember if there was a reason for that.

Hey... so I've been using this mod for years now, and for the life of me I can't figure out what's doing this funkiness. I've tried reinstalling RPM from scratch and it still does this. I'm sure on a vanilla game with just RPM it probably wouldn't, but if anyone knows it would save me a lot of troubleshooting:

3dAe7W3.jpg

1 hour ago, Immashift said:

Hey... so I've been using this mod for years now, and for the life of me I can't figure out what's doing this funkiness. I've tried reinstalling RPM from scratch and it still does this. I'm sure on a vanilla game with just RPM it probably wouldn't, but if anyone knows it would save me a lot of troubleshooting:

Per the release notes from the most recent release - some KSP 1.2 changes required me to change how RPM processes color tags, which means older IVA configs must be updated to continue working correctly.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Per the release notes from the most recent release - some KSP 1.2 changes required me to change how RPM processes color tags, which means older IVA configs must be updated to continue working correctly.

Edited: Ahh, I see. Updated ASET Props/Avionics and most stuff has returned to normal. Still some things showing tags but I'll hunt down what mod those props belong to eventually. This is what I get for coming back to KSP and updating mods without reading enough. Thankies :)

Edited by Immashift

Hi!, So Im a lover of the IVA, especially when flying Jet fighters for example, I've been trying to use RPM But it doesnt seem to work. (I Havent tried the Space Rocket Capsules but rather the Standard IVA Cockpit and  Some cockpits from a different mod)

I Have a few questions, Hope they could be answered?

1. I Thought RPM Also Lets you make more use of some of the switches and such inside of a cockpit.  Is my thought true or does RPM just give functionality to all the little screens?

2. Does RPM Work with the AirplanePlus  Mod?  Due to it having lots of  'Neat-0'  Fighter cockpits and such, And I believe  in its description RPM Was mentioned for some cooler flight experience.

3. Should the RPM Screens work with basically any Fighter or Space cockpit  that has screens in overall?  Or just  a few mods?.

4. When looking into the JSI/RasterPropMonitor Folder I came across a parts and such lists, which contained  apparently some things used for RPM, but when looking in the SPH/VAB, the only thing I can find about RPM is the Camera, and that doesnt work either it seems (I Can change its name and such but I cant like view it Inside my cockpits).

Thanks in advance for reading and possibly answering any questions.

Edited by ColDelta

23 hours ago, ColDelta said:

Hi!, So Im a lover of the IVA, especially when flying Jet fighters for example, I've been trying to use RPM But it doesnt seem to work. (I Havent tried the Space Rocket Capsules but rather the Standard IVA Cockpit and  Some cockpits from a different mod)

I Have a few questions, Hope they could be answered?

1. I Thought RPM Also Lets you make more use of some of the switches and such inside of a cockpit.  Is my thought true or does RPM just give functionality to all the little screens?

2. Does RPM Work with the AirplanePlus  Mod?  Due to it having lots of  'Neat-0'  Fighter cockpits and such, And I believe  in its description RPM Was mentioned for some cooler flight experience.

3. Should the RPM Screens work with basically any Fighter or Space cockpit  that has screens in overall?  Or just  a few mods?.

4. When looking into the JSI/RasterPropMonitor Folder I came across a parts and such lists, which contained  apparently some things used for RPM, but when looking in the SPH/VAB, the only thing I can find about RPM is the Camera, and that doesnt work either it seems (I Can change its name and such but I cant like view it Inside my cockpits).

Thanks in advance for reading and possibly answering any questions.

To expand on eberkain's answer: RPM is a mod that allows switches, gauges, and MFDs in IVA function.  It includes replacement cockpits for some stock interiors, but those replacements were done a couple of years ago, and the space plane models have changed, so some of them no longer have RPM-enabled IVAs.  The cockpits that come with RPM are very basic - there are several mods out there that provide much, much better IVA experiences.

I don't know if the Airplane Plus mod uses RPM - you would be best looking at the mod's description on this forum.  The same applies to other mods - RPM does not automatically change cockpits.  Someone has to take the time to make an RPM-enabled IVA.

There is only one part in the RPM mod - the external camera.  The other parts are props, which are used in the creation of IVAs.

hey guys & girls, computer illiterate here.

I really have no idea what I'm doing and I've just started playing KSP on my MacBook pro (man what a life changer!!!).
I have sussed out how to do a few basic mods but when i saw a youtube vid with a fully working HUD and heaps of pretty useful buttons- i told myself i can't play without it.
I've read a little bit and DL'd "RPM" & "ASET props" but when i IVA everything is turned off. 
I have copied both files and dropped them into game data but i am concerned that i have not completed the install. 

sorry to be johnny come lately but id really love a hand to trouble shoot this so i can start using the BD MK22 cockpit in battle =P
thanks a lot. steve

Hello there, thank you for your brilliant works. When I play the BDA and RPM, I am always wondering that if there is a way to combine those two mods. Imagine you sitting in the cockpit, controlling your bda weapons via your RPM screen. That makes sense! 

Think about it, Plzzzzzz

hi,

Firstly thank you very much for your awesome work. 

English is not my native language so some of my sentance can be weird and i'm sorry for that. 

I don't really know where to post because i don't know if it's RPM on another mod who do that but when i am in IVA and i right clic to disable/hide mouse cursor, the cursor flashes (appear and disappear very fastly) at the center of the screen and it's really annoying. 

I want to know if you already heard about this issue ? 

Here my (huge) mod list : 

wGrBPrz.png

9fgaMBw.png

GxEQDMN.png

I'm fooling around with the configuration file for the External Cameras of MFD40x20 (page 07).   I've been successful adding pan & tilt functions that others might find useful.  So I put some code below.     But I would like to display a unique name for each camera, instead of the screen always showing "Viewing ExtCam", ike "Port", "Starboard", "Fore" "Aft, etc.    Can anyone recommend a way to modify the file so that each of the eight external cameras can have a unique name displayed?

// --------------------Page 07  -----------------------------------------

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamAll
      button = buttonR7
      text = Viewing ExtCam
      showNoSignal = true

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			name = JSISteerableCamera
			method = RenderCamera
			buttonClickMethod = ClickProcessor
			buttonReleaseMethod = ReleaseProcessor
			pageActiveMethod = PageActive
         cameraInfoVarName = MFDEXTCAM
         skipMissingCameras = true
			cameraTransform = ExtCam1|ExtCam2|ExtCam3|ExtCam4|ExtCam5|ExtCam6|ExtCam7|ExtCam8
			fovLimits = 20,5|20,5|20,5|20,5|20,5|20,5|20,5|20,5
			zoomRate = 5|5|5|5|5|5|5|5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			targetIconColor = 255,0,255,128
			homeCrosshairColor = 255,0,0,255
         // Buttons:
         zoomIn = 2
		 zoomOut = 3
		 yawLimits = -45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45|-45,45
		 yawRate = 15|15|15|15|15|15|15|15
         nextCamera = 7
         prevCamera = 8
         yawLeft = 6
         yawRight = 5
		 pitchLimits = -45,35|-45,35|-45,35|-45,35|-45,35|-45,35|-45,35|-45,35
		 pitchRate = 15|15|15|15|15|15|15|15
         pitchUp = 0
         pitchDown = 1
         seekHome = 4
      }
   }

Please never mind the question.  I took a look at how Alexustas does it and am going to give it a try.

Edited by nukeboyt
Never ind the question

Hi, I've only installed RPM recently for the first time and straightaway I knew it would be installed for ever, so well done to the devs for putting all this work together!

Is there any plans to enable the recently added CommNet to be accessed via RPM?

I'm asking because i like to try and keep my mod count low and as I'm fine with CommNet I don't think I'll be installing ScanSat. Would it be possible to be able to choose between ScanSat and CommNet by repeatedly clicking the menu button if both could be supported by RPM?

I cleaned up the Page 07 code a bit and also included the method by which you would individually name each of the 8 cameras.  Essentially you have to create a page for each camera.   The downside is that when you do this, you have to cycle all the way through #8 to get back to #1.

// --------------------Page 07  -----------------------------------------

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamA
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #1

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true
			cameraTransform = ExtCam1
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamB
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #2

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam2
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamC
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #3

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam3
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }   

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamD
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #4

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam4
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }  

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamE
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #5

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam5
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }  

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamF
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #6

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam6
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamG
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #7

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam7
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }

PAGE
   {
      name = extcamH
      button = buttonR7
      text = Your Name for Camera #8

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
		{
			method = RenderCamera
			showNoSignal = true			
			cameraTransform = ExtCam8
			fovLimits = 20,5
			zoomRate = 5
			showTargetIcon = true
			iconPixelSize = 32
			pitchLimits = -45,35
			pitchRate = 15
			yawLimits = -45,45
			yawRate = 15
			// Buttons:
			zoomIn = 2
			zoomOut = 3
			nextCamera = 7
			prevCamera = 8
			yawLeft = 6
			yawRight = 5
			pitchUp = 0
			pitchDown = 1
			seekHome = 4
      }
   }

15 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

I cleaned up the Page 07 code a bit and also included the method by which you would individually name each of the 8 cameras.  Essentially you have to create a page for each camera.   The downside is that when you do this, you have to cycle all the way through #8 to get back to #1.

Not possible to index the names?...

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Not possible to index the names?...

I have not found an MFD config file that works that way.   If it is possible, it certainly would be a more elegant solution.