[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Just now, nukeboyt said:

I have not found an MFD config file that works that way.   If it is possible, it certainly would be a more elegant solution.

OK... I figured if there WAS a way to do it, you would probably know... I dont know enough about configs... I just know I've seen other names/modules able to be indexed in other situations... :P

THANX a ton for the patch tho... :thumbsup:

Turns out that I'm in way over my head.   So I'll defer that question to someone who has more knowledge than me; (Which isn't too hard to find) :o

Alas, I have to un-recommend the coding changes I posted above.   By changing the .cfg for the monitor, It introduces some weird artifacting, if you have the SVE mod installed.   I had seen this before, but forgotten about it.

The pan-tilt changes work ok.  It's the multiple pages, one for each camera where the the artifacts show up.

K1tgpxb.png

Edited by nukeboyt
Problem found.

I currently made a super early access version of BDArmory compatible file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuHsvHwWj38Cj7tfKtRJ5qLnvn8A-A

Here is the file packed with edited source code. Both BDArmory and RPM used GNU GPL V3 license, and I believe one copy of that license is included. It is far less than completed. Note that the compatibility is not separated from the main project, and I have to separate it out. However I am not very much understanding RPM, so it could be hard, and I could be giving it up any moment.

EDIT: After some research into MechJeb interface I found the proper way to integrate BDArmory in RPM. It would take double as much of time as I currently spent.

Edited by damowang2

Is anyone aware of a mod that contains an MFD screen which displays / controls Action Groups?    40x20 would preferable, but any monitor would do.   It would be useful for a project I am working on.  Thanks

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Is anyone aware of a mod that contains an MFD screen which displays / controls Action Groups?    40x20 would preferable, but any monitor would do.   It would be useful for a project I am working on.  Thanks

Hmmm... no...
However, idk if it would help, and if you havent already seen it, but agises' "Notes" and "Image Viewer" mods add a custom MFD screen for itself...
idk if reverse engineering it may give insight?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55625

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77970

Edited by Stone Blue

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

"Notes" and "Image Viewer" mods add a custom MFD screen for itself...
idk if reverse engineering it may give insight?

I'll give it a look.  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Oops... I may have mispoken about Image Viewer... I guess I cant remember whether it supports viewing in RPM or not... :P

However, i DO remember that Agises had some pretty detailed instructions somewhere on how he integrated the Notes MFD...

There is a MFD screen for displaying status of, and setting the cardinal directions.   I may be able to reverse engineer that, possibly.  If I can figure out the variable names for the 10 AG's.     Should also be do-able.

16 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

There is a MFD screen for displaying status of, and setting the cardinal directions.   I may be able to reverse engineer that, possibly.  If I can figure out the variable names for the 10 AG's.     Should also be do-able.

Action groups are in the Miscellaneous section of the variables list. `AGMEMO0` - `AGMEMO9` will display names if the ship builder named the action groups in the vessel description.  `AGSTATE0` - `AGSTATE9` will tell you if the action group state is on or off.  Be warned that KSP is very flaky about action groups when docking or undocking - you are almost guaranteed the action groups will be all set to "off" after undocking.

On 3/27/2017 at 11:20 PM, sebseb7 said:

Any idea why those fonts are blurry?

/seb

JM6dcS2.png

Need some info on your configuration.  A log would also be helpful.  Alexustas reported this a while back, but I didn't reproduce it here.

I've created a 40x20 MFD page to show Action Group status based on this line:

"AG1: {0,-6:"[#00ff00ff]Active[#ffffffff]";0;Off} {1} $&$AGSTATE1 AGMEMO1"  With this, I can toggle the state from "Off" (in white text) to Active (in green text).

But I would like to figure a way to write the code so that the color of the text from "AGMEMO1" changes, based upon the status of "AGSTATE1"

Been trying a couple of hours and found out to do this with numeric variables that have  -1, 0, 1, but not for text like AGMEMO1.    To me :confused:, it seems like I ought to be able to replace the words "Active" and "Off" each with "value from AGMEMO1", but of course I don't understand how to write such a line.

Edited by nukeboyt

14 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

I've created a 40x20 MFD page to show Action Group status based on this line:

"AG1: {0,-6:"[#00ff00ff]Active[#ffffffff]";0;Off} {1} $&$AGSTATE1 AGMEMO1"  With this, I can toggle the state from "Off" (in white text) to Active (in green text).

But I would like to figure a way to write the code so that the color of the text from "AGMEMO1" changes, based upon the status of "AGSTATE1"

Been trying a couple of hours and found out to do this with numeric variables that have  -1, 0, 1, but not for text like AGMEMO1.    To me :confused:, it seems like I ought to be able to replace the words "Active" and "Off" each with "value from AGMEMO1", but of course I don't understand how to write such a line.

Try this, instead:

AG1: {0:"[#00ff00ff]";"[#ffffffff]";"[#ffffffff]"}{1}[#ffffffff] $&$ AGSTATE1 AGMEMO1

Edited by MOARdV
Remove formatting for {0}

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Try this, instead:

AG1: {0:"[#00ff00ff]";"[#ffffffff]";"[#ffffffff]"}{1}[#ffffffff] $&$ AGSTATE1 AGMEMO1

Thank you.  Of course, it worked.   I wish I could have figured it out. 

I'm trying to set an on/off condition for the ALCOR MFDs. I have a "battery switch" in my cockpit that turns off most of the instruments in the cockpit if it is not engaged and the engine is not started. Is there any way to display a blank page and keep the buttons from working unless a persistent or select variable is engaged?

Edited by theonegalen

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I'm trying to set an on/off condition for the ALCOR MFDs. I have a "battery switch" in my cockpit that turns off most of the instruments in the cockpit if it is not engaged and the engine is not started. Is there any way to display a blank page and keep the buttons from working unless a persistent or select variable is engaged?

Some of alexustas's MFDs have an animation that will blank the display - for instance, the ALCORMFD40x20 uses a JSICallbackAnimator tied to CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF.  It doesn't disable buttons, however - that would require some changes in the MFD module to support.

Hey so I've been trying to install two mods, which use RPM, and ASET Props, I installed them with all the dependencies, and went into KSP, but when ever I try to take a command pod from Buffalo, and one from Heisenberg (Mod packs), the game crashes. I have reported this issue to the respected mod threads. And they seemed to think it was an RPM issue. So I have my logs in a drop box zip, if anyone could look at them and see if it is RPM, or if its something else, that would be great. 

Drop Box  

On 4/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, ISE said:

Hey so I've been trying to install two mods, which use RPM, and ASET Props, I installed them with all the dependencies, and went into KSP, but when ever I try to take a command pod from Buffalo, and one from Heisenberg (Mod packs), the game crashes. I have reported this issue to the respected mod threads. And they seemed to think it was an RPM issue. So I have my logs in a drop box zip, if anyone could look at them and see if it is RPM, or if its something else, that would be great. 

Drop Box  

As far as I can tell, it looks like you're in the VAB/SPH, not in Flight.  RPM props should not be going active in either of the editors, since there's no flight data available.  They shouldn't be getting loaded at all, since you can't access IVA.  There's another mod DLL that's doing something to cause RPM props to load, but you've got close to 200 of them in that log, which is way more than I can weed through.  So, yeah, RPM is freaking out, but someone else is causing RPM to think there's it's appropriate to load.

13 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

As far as I can tell, it looks like you're in the VAB/SPH, not in Flight.  RPM props should not be going active in either of the editors, since there's no flight data available.  They shouldn't be getting loaded at all, since you can't access IVA.  There's another mod DLL that's doing something to cause RPM props to load, but you've got close to 200 of them in that log, which is way more than I can weed through.  So, yeah, RPM is freaking out, but someone else is causing RPM to think there's it's appropriate to load.

Could it be Procedural Parts? I'm not at home actually, but in my install I have a log dillo of NRE from JSI. In the body of the NRE it say something about Procedural Parts.

First off, thank you MOARdv for such a wonderful set of tools.  I am not a programmer, and I do not dabble in programming save fudging some .cfg files from time to time to give me the delta v I would prefer ;).

My favourite command pod is the inline command pod fron Near Future Spacecraft.  Unfortunately, it never had an rpm installed in it.  I did not know where to go and ask for help, so I tried to remove the non-rpm mfd from the pilot's seat area, and replace it with a stock rpm mfd like so:

PROP
    {
        name = NFT_MFD_DummyScreen_Large02
        position = 0.8248427,0.7244843,-0.3049874
        rotation = -0.3503239,-0.847214,-0.3690686,-0.1526104
        scale = 0.9999996,0.9999999,0.9999998
    }

and changed it to:

PROP
    {
        name = RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD
        position = 0.8248427,0.7244843,-0.3049874
        rotation = -0.3503239,-0.847214,-0.3690686,-0.1526104
        scale = 0.9999996,0.9999999,0.9999998
    }

Now, it did show itself in the cockpit, but alas it was on it side (buried into the front panel of the area where the original mfd resided).  I know the position, rotation and scale would make all the difference, but does that mean I would have to use Unity to figure out the correct orientation?  Or am I just barking up the wrong tree altogether with my assumption to change the original with the RPM mfd.  I chose this MFD in particular, and only one MFD to start as simple as possible, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

I have been playing KSP for the last few years now, and the only wish I would love to have is an mfd'ed incline command pod.

Cheers,

Gaultesian

16 hours ago, Gaultesian said:

Now, it did show itself in the cockpit, but alas it was on it side (buried into the front panel of the area where the original mfd resided).  I know the position, rotation and scale would make all the difference, but does that mean I would have to use Unity to figure out the correct orientation?  Or am I just barking up the wrong tree altogether with my assumption to change the original with the RPM mfd.  I chose this MFD in particular, and only one MFD to start as simple as possible, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

I have been playing KSP for the last few years now, and the only wish I would love to have is an mfd'ed incline command pod.

Cheers,

Gaultesian

Your process was correct.  The issue is that the two models have their their "front" facing different directions relative to their local transform.  If you wanted to stick to editing config files, you would need to take the rotation field (which is a quaternion) and rotate it around one of the Euler axes - it'd be pretty much guess-and-check.  The other option is to download and install Unity and the KSP part tools, and use the visual editor there to rotate it (and you could throw some other props into the cockpit while you were at it).

On 4/13/2017 at 11:23 AM, onlinegamesz said:

Does the mod contain an external camera or is the only way to use the feature is to download hullcam mod? 

It comes with a camera.  I've never had to use hullcam.    BTW, ALCOR comes with a better looking camera