[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Something has definitely changed in the way KSP and the PartTools read the cfg files. I'm seeing the same thing with the doors, as well as seats refusing to show up in Unity. But my PartTools install has been such a nightmare that I wasn't sure if it was just me or an actual problem.

I saw something a year or so ago (I think) where one of the Unity / PartTools updates was causing some props to show up in a different location in Unity than they did in game.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

In the case above, it is possible that the prop was updated, but the RPM IVA config hasn't been, but I'm speculating.

The especially annoying part is that even once you correct their placement and orientation, they refuse to save to the config through Unity ans have to be manually entered into the .cfg files. I had to do this with the seat and stock bigbag cargo container in the SXT Bonny IVA.

Edited by theonegalen

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

The especially annoying part is that even once you correct their placement and orientation, they refuse to save to the config through Unity ans have to be manually entered into the .cfg files. I had to do this with the seat and stock bigbag cargo container in the SXT Bonny IVA.

Sounds like layers. Everything in IVAs goes haywire when the layers are wrong.

Using the latest beta on 1.3. For some reason, the screens look really low-res and blurry:

JSuJA6w.png

The same is true for some other displays:

ufl5HYb.png

I really wonder, what's the cause of it and how can it be fixed?

UPD Sorry for the trouble. Fixed.

Edited by TK-313

On 6/24/2017 at 9:48 AM, TK-313 said:

Using the latest beta on 1.3. For some reason, the screens look really low-res and blurry:

JSuJA6w.png

The same is true for some other displays:

ufl5HYb.png

I really wonder, what's the cause of it and how can it be fixed?

UPD Sorry for the trouble. Fixed.

Could you, um, share how you fixed it. Coz I am also experiencing the same low-res blurriness as well and I cant seem to fix it

Just now, Kaboose said:

Could you, um, share how you fixed it. Coz I am also experiencing the same low-res blurriness as well and I cant seem to fix it

Wish I could tell for certain myself, my attempts have been kind of erratic. Looks like something between deleting the game's settings.cfg and deleting/reinstalling RPM did the trick.

Just now, TK-313 said:

Wish I could tell for certain myself, my attempts have been kind of erratic. Looks like something between deleting the game's settings.cfg and deleting/reinstalling RPM did the trick.

Lol, even without RPM or AEST my stock craft look low res, especially the panel that says 'MECO', 'SAS', 'HEAT' etc... 
Ugh, welp...time to spend the whole damn day figuring out what this new hell is :D

Just now, Kaboose said:

Lol, even without RPM or AEST my stock craft look low res, especially the panel that says 'MECO', 'SAS', 'HEAT' etc... 
Ugh, welp...time to spend the whole damn day figuring out what this new hell is :D

Umm, that's what, as I read, can be caused by the broken settings.cfg file in the game's root directory. Try deleting it, then launching the game again to re-generate it. Screen resolution and other settings will be reset to default, though.

42 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Umm, that's what, as I read, can be caused by the broken settings.cfg file in the game's root directory. Try deleting it, then launching the game again to re-generate it. Screen resolution and other settings will be reset to default, though.

Alas no luck, an entirely different gremlin exists in my system. Thanks for the help though, I think its clear enough that the fault does not lie in RPM

Edit: Uninstalling Astronomer's visual pack seems to have fixed it.

Edit2: Having meticulously reinstalled the different modules AVP I cannot now reporduce the low-res glitch. fml. So, whatever caused the problem just vanished when uninstalling AVP but failed to return when I reinstalled it. So make of that what you will. :$  

Edited by Kaboose

5 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

your mods need updates

it is updated to 1.3 sooo

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?"

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?"

I downloaded all of the mods I posted on from ckan and they are not compatible(some of my ships use these mods and I cant use these ships if the mods are incompatible{that and it crashes before it gets to the start menu})

On 6/24/2017 at 4:44 AM, sumghai said:

Hey @MOARdV, I'm experiencing an issue with JSIVariableAnimator seemingly forgetting between scene/vessel changes that a vessel is out of ElectricCharge. Full details are on your GitHub issue tracker.

Fixed in beta 3.

On a related note, RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0 beta 3 is now available.

And, a mini-FAQ:

Q: Why is this still in beta?

A: Because I need feedback on the beta.  In particular, I really need feedback from Mac and Linux players to know if the shaders are working (or are the MFDs showing pink blocks?).  martinmike2 reported a problem in Linux, but I have no idea if it's a widespread problem, or specific to some combination of Linux / hardware.

Q: Why aren't you testing it?

A: My modding time is focused on the RPM replacement mod MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  I'm keeping RPM operational, but I don't have the spare time to thoroughly poke around it to test it.  And I don't have access to Mac or Linux systems.

14 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Or even 'Is there anything I can do to help update this to 1.3?   I play on a Mac, with RSS/RO installed and am happy to help with testing if you need it!'  Or something along those lines.   Even if you're not a coder...  offering something when asking for something is always well received!  

The exact same sentiment has a totally different effect on a modder depending on the wording!  We appreciate when someone finds our work essential to their game play!   But when they feel like we, in some way, owe them our time and energy because they paid Squad for a game that doesn't have some feature they feel is necessary to the game...  it does sorta make a modder shrug and want to say "Fix it yourself, then."   Be appreciative...  and also tell squad once AGAIN that it's insanity not to have a delta-V simulation of some sort in the VAB!    

8 hours ago, MOARdV said:

My modding time is focused on the RPM replacement mod MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  I'm keeping RPM operational, but I don't have the spare time to thoroughly poke around it to test it.

I've started reading up about the requirements to port old RPM configs for props/spaces to MAS, but how soon would I need to change over to the new plugin?

25 minutes ago, sumghai said:

I've started reading up about the requirements to port old RPM configs for props/spaces to MAS, but how soon would I need to change over to the new plugin?

I see RPM sticking around for quite a while, since it is well established and a lot of IVAs use it.  There's no urgency to move to MAS.

That said, I'd like to get MAS to "official release" status before the year is out.  I don't see a rapid transition of players from RPM to MAS, since I don't have any interest in making basic exemplary IVAs to package with the mod, which will limit its accessibility at the beginning.

Hello!

So I've been investigating for a while now and I just can't figure out how to, if it's even possible, to install the maneuver node planner and rendezvous autopilot into one of the screens of RPM.

Is it possible?

Best regards,
Bishiba

13 hours ago, Bishiba said:

Hello!

So I've been investigating for a while now and I just can't figure out how to, if it's even possible, to install the maneuver node planner and rendezvous autopilot into one of the screens of RPM.

Is it possible?

Best regards,
Bishiba

If you are asking if MechJeb windows can be displayed on RPM screens, the answer is no, they can not.  If you mean something else, I'll need a better description of what you are attempting.

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

If you are asking if MechJeb windows can be displayed on RPM screens, the answer is no, they can not.  If you mean something else, I'll need a better description of what you are attempting.

Hello, that was exactly what I was asking. I understand, unfortunate, wanted to make a IVA mission without any HUD :) Sorry if I was being unclear or something.

Thanks for the response!

On a side-note, I was sitting at work today and contemplating this mod. Is it possible to somehow make it so that the actual map screen appears in one of the screens? I know it's not a current feature, just wondering if it is possible and if you think it might be implemented. And on a different side-note, to make mechjeb work and stuff, would it be possible to just make the mechjeb windows appears as they are within the IVA screens?

Just brainstorming. It's either way an incredibly amazing mod!

The very best regards,
Bishiba

Edited by Bishiba
More thoughts...

On 8.6.2017 at 3:42 PM, MOARdV said:

Are there any other Linux users who have tried the beta?  Having more data points may help me understand the issue.

@MOARdV: another Linux user here - I'm having the same pink blob issue.

Linux Mint 17.2, KSP 1.3.0 (64-bit), NVIDIA GTX 960m, driver version 352.79 running OpenGL 4.5.

I'm getting the exact same shader error messages in Player.log as @martinmike2 already reported.

14 hours ago, Technologicat said:

@MOARdV: another Linux user here - I'm having the same pink blob issue.

Linux Mint 17.2, KSP 1.3.0 (64-bit), NVIDIA GTX 960m, driver version 352.79 running OpenGL 4.5.

I'm getting the exact same shader error messages in Player.log as @martinmike2 already reported.

Thank you for letting me know.  It looks like I to do something different for shader creation / bundling.  The Squad official process isn't working, or it's got some hidden steps somewhere.   *sigh*

On 7/1/2017 at 7:56 PM, MOARdV said:

Fixed in beta 3.

On a related note, RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0 beta 3 is now available.

And, a mini-FAQ:

Q: Why is this still in beta?

A: Because I need feedback on the beta.  In particular, I really need feedback from Mac and Linux players to know if the shaders are working (or are the MFDs showing pink blocks?).  martinmike2 reported a problem in Linux, but I have no idea if it's a widespread problem, or specific to some combination of Linux / hardware.

Q: Why aren't you testing it?

A: My modding time is focused on the RPM replacement mod MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  I'm keeping RPM operational, but I don't have the spare time to thoroughly poke around it to test it.  And I don't have access to Mac or Linux systems.

@MOARdV first of all thanks a lot for all of your fantastic work on RPM -- it is one of my favorite mods! :)  I am a Mac user and have been testing out RPM 0.29.0 beta 3. I just wanted to let you know that it seems to be working well and I have not encountered any issues (I didn't have any issues using beta 2 either).  Shaders seem to be fine and I do not have any pink blocks.