[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

9 minutes ago, COMMON NAMES said:

I got the mod but then when I go into IVA the raster prop monitors aren't there. Why does KSP hate me...

Are you using custom IVAs that HAVE RPM support?... RPM by itself does not add anything to an IVA that is not specifically made to integrate it.. In other words, it wont do anything for stock IVAs...

3 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Are you using custom IVAs that HAVE RPM support?... RPM by itself does not add anything to an IVA that is not specifically made to integrate it.. In other words, it wont do anything for stock IVAs...

Oh, that makes sense... I got the mod from here on this forum then put it into my gamedata and I grab a mk1-2 pod and I go into IVA and everything is the sane

Edited by COMMON NAMES

On 8/5/2017 at 3:16 PM, COMMON NAMES said:

Oh, that makes sense...

You can grab some of the mods that support RPM from the main post, under " Projects using RasterPropMonitor: ", but sadly, that list is a drop in the bucket...Theres probably several dozen or more mods that use RPM...

Edited by Stone Blue

Getting a bunch of exceptions on vessel load. It also takes a really long time to load a vessel for launch

[ERR 09:00:30.281] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class RPMVesselComputer:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

My KSP.log is over 100mb so i don't think I can upload the whole thing. But this entry shows up 100s of times on vessel load at launch.

59 minutes ago, desepticon said:

Getting a bunch of exceptions on vessel load. It also takes a really long time to load a vessel for launch

My KSP.log is over 100mb so i don't think I can upload the whole thing. But this entry shows up 100s of times on vessel load at launch.

With nothing else to go on, my guess is there's another mod behaving badly, and it's interfering with RPM.

3 hours ago, desepticon said:

I uploaded the log to my dropbox.

Tweakable Everything is reporting a lot of exceptions related to ToadicusTools, which could be causing side-effects.  I also see RPM reporting that the vessel has no IVA defined, and it looks like you're using Probe Control Room, so there are several external factors that could be tripping up RPM.  Even if I trap the exception, that it's happening in that callback means that RPM would probably not work correctly under that set of circumstances regardless.

Tried searching for this and couldn't find any info on it.

RPM has its texture for its navball located in "GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall/NavBall000.dds".

Besides being in the .dds format, does this file have anything special?  And when replacing it to get another navball texture, is it possible to use another format (say .png, like the alternate navball textures available on the NavBallTextureChanger topic second post) without needing to edit a large number of files (like files in every IVA config)?

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

Tried searching for this and couldn't find any info on it.

RPM has its texture for its navball located in "GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall/NavBall000.dds".

Besides being in the .dds format, does this file have anything special?  And when replacing it to get another navball texture, is it possible to use another format (say .png, like the alternate navball textures available on the NavBallTextureChanger topic second post) without needing to edit a large number of files (like files in every IVA config)?

There is nothing exceptional about the texture.  As long as you don't leave the old nav ball texture in that directory, KSP will pick up the new one and use it instead.

On 8/11/2017 at 2:52 AM, NomenNescio said:

I'm afraid the flipped door thing is still an issue even in the new beta. Just FYI.

I've tried deleting my settings.cfg and starting a new save, just to be sure, but it's definitely still there.

Is this in the Mk1 cockpit? The little screen inside (green-tinted) is also jutting out like it's been rotated back 90 degrees. I was wondering which mod may be causing it. I wonder if this is what you're talking about, too.

10 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Is this in the Mk1 cockpit? The little screen inside (green-tinted) is also jutting out like it's been rotated back 90 degrees. I was wondering which mod may be causing it. I wonder if this is what you're talking about, too.

It is the Mk1 Cockpit, I've noticed the screen thing as well, but I have yet to find the cause for that. For a moment I thought it was Ven's Stock Revamp, but turns out that's not really it. For now I'm focusing on the door thing, because with RPM installed the monitor isn't a huge issue.

I seem to be having some trouble with B9's MFD - it has a page that's supposed to show the vessel description, but only the overlay shows (not the actual vessel description text).  Is there anything obviously wrong with this configuration?

Spoiler

PAGE
		{
			name = infoDescription
			localMargins = 1,2,1,2
			PAGEHANDLER
			{
				name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
				method = VesselDescriptionWordwrapped
				isPartModule = yes
				pageTitle = Vessel Description
			}
			textureURL = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/images/bg03
			//textureOverlayURL = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/images/genericOverlay
			textOverlay = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/overlayVesDesc.txt
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
			CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
				redirect = btn1,   infoResourceSimple
				redirect = btn2,   infoMission
				redirect = btn3,   infoAltitudeGraph
				redirect = btn4,   infoAtmosphere
				redirect = btn6,   pluginVesselView
				redirect = escape, menuInfo
				redirect = home,   menuDefault
			}
		}

Hey all I have almost every plugin possible for raster prop monitor.  I cant find the one for engine ignitor. The one on the forum looks like it has been out of date for quite some time is there a alternative?  If we had a KER plugin that would be awesome

Edited by HaydenTheKing

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Hey all, RPM is miscalculating my delta v.  I have KER and have 500, RPM says 5300.  I have TACLS installed could RPM be using my oxygen and food in its calculation??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n5z1qezr0bx31a/output_log.txt?dl=0

RPM only looks at propellants (resources that engines consume) in its dV calculation.  However, as the documentation for the 'DELTAV' variable says: "BEWARE: There is no proper staging simulation in this calculation, so the returned value is very probably nonsense".  If you have MechJeb installed, RPM will use MJ's dV calculation instead, but otherwise, it's a value I would not rely on.

Hi. I am working on making an IVA for the Mk2, but am having some problems with the resolutions on my monitors. They look low-res with lots of dots on the screen. All of the other props appear fine. I saw that some others were having the same issue a couple pages back but couldn't tell how they resolved the issue. I have already tried reinstalling RPM and the issue persists. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

GUHzoAX.png

Edit: Fixed the problem with a full reinstall of the game and RPM. 

Edited by chimpbone

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@MOARdV

Do you maybe have an idea / searching direction regarding this issue?
(The scansat ore overlay is not properly aligned on different (aset) screens)

BR
Jebs

I'm sorry, I haven't played with the SCANsat ore overlays on MFDs, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is in that screen shot.  Do the two monitors have the same screen dimensions (screenPixelWidth and screenPixelHeight in the MFD configs)?  One problem I've seen with some external MFD pages is they assume the display is *always* 640 x 640, since that's the size of the basic RPM MFD.  If one of the ASET props uses a different size, and the DLL doesn't account for it, that would explain it.  It could also be a problem with RPM - I can't completely discount that possibility.

Sorry, I'm not providing much help.  It'll be a while before I can get an RPM/SCANsat installation going to look at it much more closely.

Edited by MOARdV
Fix apology - I'm the one not being helpful