[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Here's a new problem: out of the blue, tonight, after working just fine last night and every night before, raster prop monitor computer stopped acknowledging the existence of the system resource variables. This, of course, had wide-ranging and devastating effects. The issue persisted with nothing but RPM, ASET, Squad, module manager, and my configs loaded.

Output_log.txt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFZhtaia3qfWYXRIm1TMsuaXggcow875/view?usp=drivesdk

On 1/22/2018 at 6:53 AM, JPNB said:

Hi, I'm having a little bug. On orbital and map view the vessel icon and target vessel icon disappeared and I can't find a way to fix it. It worked and then suddenly was gone. I tried reinstalling RPM and Alcor but no result.. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

Edit: It doesn't show any icons actually. Ascend and Descent etc aren't displayed as well.

Any solutions to this? I'm having a similar problem. The icons for the vessels (I.E. space station symbol/probe symbols) in the graphical orbit mode are extremely small. I have to zoom in just to see them (and at that they are low resolution).

02e73f0455a9d0eb8b14ee2b14a7c8c9.png

No, i'm not using CKAN for this mod (although the CKAN version has the exact same problem anyways)

This only happens on the MK1 Command pod and MK1 Lander Can. If I use the MK1-2 plugin by ASET, the orbits are correctly displayed for that one.

Edited by Radboy16

On 3/5/2018 at 1:07 AM, /not/pol/ said:

Does anyone know what props mod added a Cockpit usable kOS Terminal? i think it was ASET But a quick check shows its not there.

ASET has a prop called a kOS terminal, but the one that was functional was here.

10 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

Aw damn. 1.1.3.

Nice timing, I decided to drop by today. I'm thinking about picking this thing back up a little bit.

Isn't RPM being phased out by something else though?

2 minutes ago, dsonbill said:

Nice timing, I decided to drop by today. I'm thinking about picking this thing back up a little bit.

Isn't RPM being phased out by something else though?

Ja IIRC its being phased out by Something MoarDV is working on, the name of which i cant remember to save my life. Although i doubt RPM is getting discontinued any time soon if not ever, too many other mods depend on it and the chances of all of them getting switched is very little. and if the new system doesnt work it then it suck to have built everything off a then deprecated codebase.

Edited by /not/pol/

MOARdV is making an RPM replacement mod called Avionic Systems, which is not yet feature complete. But he's also kept RPM up to date, and on the MAS github, he says he is going to take some time off of KSP modding until the new forum Terms of Service are more clearly explained.

https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/wiki/KSP-Forum-ToS

So what we have may be all we get for a while.

Edited by theonegalen

19 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

MOARdV is making a mod called Avionic Systems, which is not yet feature complete. But he's also kept RPM up to date, and on the MAS github, he says he is going to take some time off of KSP modding until the new forum Terms of Service are more clearly explained.

https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/wiki/KSP-Forum-ToS

So what we have may be all we get for a while.

I read that shortly before you posted it. I'll have to think about all of this for a while.

3 minutes ago, dsonbill said:

I read that shortly before you posted it. I'll have to think about all of this for a while.

I had seen the notif for this thing when i logged on today. i might just pull my content from the forums after reading it...(2 part mods and a third in the works...)

Edited by /not/pol/

3 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

I had seen the notif for this thing when i logged on today. i might just pull my content from the forums after reading it...(2 part mods and a third in the works...)

You've already agreed to it by still being here.

30 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

You've already agreed to it by still being here.

In court that wont hold up. Since to remove my content its a forced Signing of the new EULA and TOS. and my mods were posted before the new TOS was.

8 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

In court that wont hold up. Since to remove my content its a forced Signing of the new EULA and TOS. and my mods were posted before the new TOS was.

The ToS of the forum are different from the software EULA.  I think the only question about modding was ambiguity about whether "the Software" included part tools.  And the 1.4 EULA has some specific language about what constitutes the software, so I suspect the modding concerns are moot.  Privacy and user created derivative art posted to the forums are still shakey, but they were anyway.

Just now, TiktaalikDreaming said:

The ToS of the forum are different from the software EULA.  I think the only question about modding was ambiguity about whether "the Software" included part tools.  And the 1.4 EULA has some specific language about what constitutes the software, so I suspect the modding concerns are moot.  Privacy and user created derivative art posted to the forums are still shakey, but they were anyway.

Thats why everyone is worried. They need to clear it up for the forums instead of applying a blanket ToS That has a wide range of uses.

Can @Krewmember's project for a RPM style simpit monitor be done using your library and @zitronen's two way Arduino communication plug-in? Just curious since it would simplify and accelerate his project which would be incredibly useful for simpit builders.

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman
Citing person with link/mention

1 hour ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Can @Krewmember's project for a RPM style simpit monitor be done using your library and @zitronen's two way Arduino communication plug-in? Just curious since it would simplify and accelerate his project which would be incredibly useful for simpit builders.

I would guess the answer is "no".  RPM by itself is strictly an IVA enhancement mod.  It's not designed to function outside IVA, and it doesn't expose a lot of functionality to outside mods.  That doesn't mean someone can't use it as a basis for an interface with external code.  It's a permissive license.

RasterPropMonitor v0.30.0 for KSP 1.4.x is now available on GitHub.  This is essentially a "recompiled for KSP" release with a couple of features added in (that I still need to document, natch).  It has been minimally tested, since I've been busy the last couple of weeks.