[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@MOARdV any chance that this article could be related to the upsidedown screens? I admit to knowing very little about Unity under the hood, and certaiinly nothing aboot how RPM worx... vOv

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-PlatformDifferences.html

That may be the info that I was missing.  I'll test it out and see what happens.  Thanks for digging it up.

@MOARdV is it a known issue, when adding RPM and ASET props to a KSP 1.4.2 install, that in VAB / SPH the fps drop as soon a part is picked up and be normal again when placing the part or scrapping it?

No log spamming, just this newly introduced fps drop ...

No offense, just asking if this is "normal" under a KSP 1.4.2 install.

13 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@MOARdV is it a known issue, when adding RPM and ASET props to a KSP 1.4.2 install, that in VAB / SPH the fps drop as soon a part is picked up and be normal again when placing the part or scrapping it?

No log spamming, just this newly introduced fps drop ...

No offense, just asking if this is "normal" under a KSP 1.4.2 install.

To be honest, I don't know.  My "normal" installs of KSP do not have RPM, and I haven't used it for anything more than a cursory check prior to releasing updates for about two years now, since I started MAS.  I would not expect RPM to affect performance in the VAB, since it shouldn't be doing anything. Then again, there have been a number of changes in KSP between 1.3.1 and 1.4.x.

yeah there has always kinda been a part selection lag in ksp. it gets worse the more parts you have. what i do is open the console with ctrl alt f12. and hit clear input locks that seems to let you click on your part right after. 

but i havent noticed it being any worse or better from 1.3.1 thru 1.4.2. ive also always had aset etc.. installed since it came out. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

Just an FYI, opengl is a bandaid only. Using it has disadvantages. Texturereplacer has issues with it, and certain MFD things don’t work. For example the orbit info graphic doesn’t show your position or the ApA / PeA markers. 

Edited by tanelorn

12 hours ago, Daveroski said:

Been on Linux since I started playing KSP years ago. Open GL has never felt like a band-aid to me.

It is in this context.  There are certain features of this model that do not work at all in opengl... this has been a problem for a long time.

On 10/3/2016 at 8:46 PM, icedown said:

EDIT: I see the error now, [Error]: RasterPropMonitorComputer: UpdateLocalCrew() - no internal model!

I'm getting this too and it may well be because I have modified a vessel but not called any notification method in the KSP interface.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(Full details may be found here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173347-teleport-to-location/&do=findComment&comment=3365056)

2 hours ago, Pupper said:

Trying to get ASET MK1-2 Command Pod IVA to work.. But since the 1-3 came in the 1-2 is gone, any replacements out yet? (I am running 1.4.1 for now)

In 1.4.1-1.4.3 there is support MK1-2. IVA from ASET works. MK1-2 can be found in the Subassemblies by manufacturer category.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Can someone verify if they get the same results like me? I put in "  -force-d3d11 " into the command parameter and it seem to fix the issues with the displays. 20180506162307_1.jpg20180506162314_1.jpg

what KSP version did u use? ASET isn't updated for 1.4.x

9 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

what KSP version did u use? ASET isn't updated for 1.4.x

ASET is a parts pack (even though it is for IVAs).  As long as the plugin it uses (RPM) is updated for 1.4.x, it will work.

so iv tried almost everything i could but even runing this mod by itself there are some issues where the words on the displays are reversed or just upside down.

Runing ksp 1.4.2 with module manager 3.0.6 and the making history dlc.

53 minutes ago, MB62 said:

so iv tried almost everything i could but even runing this mod by itself there are some issues where the words on the displays are reversed or just upside down.

Runing ksp 1.4.2 with module manager 3.0.6 and the making history dlc.

Modded or stock parts?

2 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Modded or stock parts?

In this case it doesn't matter - the issue is a Known IssueTM that's been discussed over the last couple of pages.  RPM in Windows (DX9, the default) inverts a number of MFD components.  I have not gotten around to testing a potential fix, primarily because it entails more effort than I currently want to spend on RPM (code changes + shader changes, and then verifying that changes in DX9 Windows don't break the rest of the KSP universe).  I am sorry that it's still broken, especially since the hints needed to fix it is already in this thread, but I've got limited free time, and if my choices are spending that time on MAS or RPM, MAS will win.

On 11/12/2016 at 9:46 PM, *MajorTom* said:

i have some issues in Mk1 cockpit 

23a5a8e61d5c.png

c83677a53e48.png

I've been 2 years late for a reply, and this has been an ongoing issue. Since I'm an avid user of the MK-1 cockpit, this bug has really been a thorn on my side whenever I wanted to fly IVA.

Since it hasn't been fixed, I did a little digging and attempted my own fixes. Both hatches and the docking screen have been realigned properly and hopefully can be incorporated into any future updates of the mod. I still haven't figured out how to fix the double trajectory reticules, but it's a minor problem for now.

R3SZe80.jpg

h7IJQFr.jpg

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7g85i52mevis4sf/mk1cockpit-remade-internal.cfg?dl=0

Edited by Levelord
added pics

MOARdV - I was thinking of throwing together a (admittedly rather crude) Module Manager patch to replace the RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD with either MAS_ALCOR_MFD2 or MAS_ALCOR_MFD1 in the stock IVA RPM configs for those of us running RPM and MAS alongside each other.

To save me some time working out scale factors, do you know what the dimensions of the MAS MFDs are relative to the RPM MFDs?

6 hours ago, Sufficient Anonymity said:

MOARdV - I was thinking of throwing together a (admittedly rather crude) Module Manager patch to replace the RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD with either MAS_ALCOR_MFD2 or MAS_ALCOR_MFD1 in the stock IVA RPM configs for those of us running RPM and MAS alongside each other.

To save me some time working out scale factors, do you know what the dimensions of the MAS MFDs are relative to the RPM MFDs?

It looks like the RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD is a tiny bit smaller than MAS_ALCOR_MFD1 or MFD2 (probably not enough to make a difference), so a patch that replaced it will probably work without scaling.  I'd recommend using MFD2, since I'm not using MFD1 in my own IVAs any more (meaning it's not getting new features), but MFD2 is a taller prop, so it may not fit properly depending on what other props are around it.  Although you could always shrink it a little, I suppose.

6Q6K537.png

Proof of concept. Multiplying scale factors by ~0.8 seems to get MFD2 the right size to fit. This is currently a very quick-and-dirty direct config edit (it'll be MM-based on release, don't worry), and progress will be slow for the next 10d, as I'm basically using this as a way to take short breaks to stop myself going totally nuts whilst revising for vivas.

Roadmap:

Phase 1 - update all current stock RPM patches to use MAS MFDs. Will require concurrent MAS and RPM installation. Will not require me to learn how to use Part Tools.

Phase 2 - later this summer properly update stock pods without high quality IVAs (between The Ultimate Shuttle IVA, Warbird Cockpits and Mk1-3 Pod IVA by APL, a number of pods are already covered). Resultant pods will not require RPM installation, and will have had props placed properly rather than a few things quickly changed in a text editor.

Phase 3 - mod cockpits? Currently thinking giving at OPT at least the RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD to MAS_ALCOR_MFD2 substitution treatment.

On 5/9/2018 at 1:22 AM, Levelord said:

Both hatches and the docking screen have been realigned properly and hopefully can be incorporated into any future updates of the mod.

If you're okay with it, I'll add it to the next release of RPM.