[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

I have found the solution. The 1.6 changes names of interior of command pod.

For repair RPM go to : Kerbal Space Program > Gamedata > JSI > RPMPodPatches > PatchesStock 

here you see 2 files for each pod.

Open the firs folder ("nameofcommandpod-patch")

The fist line is "@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[mk1pod_IVA],!MODULE[LifeBoat]]"

Change red by the name of new part interior. You can find this in "Kerbal Space Program > Gamedata > Squad > Parts > Nameofcommandpod > the file in .cfg.

Search the line : INTERNAL
    {
        name = nameofinterior

Repeat this for each pod who not works

Note : If you use custom asset for iva you must do this operation withthe file in .cfg in :

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET\MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET

Enjoy with RPM in KSP 1.6 :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have some issues with RPM's IVA, it seems to works and i have MFD's for example  in the Cupola or Lander Can but i dont have them in Pods, like Mk1, Mk2...etc. I did the installation with CKAN at the begin but then i've reinstalled it manually and still issues. 

I tried for 1.5 and 1.6 ,same issues with both of them.

I have checked the name of the config files like suggested above but everything seems okay.

If anyone can help with that :)

Thanks !

9 hours ago, KordBZH said:

I have some issues with RPM's IVA, it seems to works and i have MFD's for example  in the Cupola or Lander Can but i dont have them in Pods, like Mk1, Mk2...etc.

Welcome to the forum.

RPM includes example IVAs for some stock pods, but not all of them.

Okay  thanks for the answer i  was wondering if RPM had IVA for Mk1 pod  to MK3 but thanks  to your answer i guess it doesnt have for them :) I dont know if in some ways there is IVAs for pods from other pack working with RPM

Yo,

I encounter the same issue described by Max above: what I see in first person view is the stock cockpit without the tools introduced by rasterprop monitor .

I followed Max's instructions and tried to rename the interior ID. But my interior's ID were alreazdy set with the right name. So I guess it comes from somewhere else.

I cannot see the small camaeras as well, the ones that I can attach to the rocket. But maybe that's because I started a new carreer and need to unlock them later on (?). 

Keep me updated if you guys find or suggest anything,

Regards, f.

Same thing here as Barragan.

It's also the first mod I ever used, so nothing I could have messed up before. It's on 1.6 and I spotted something loading from JSI on the loading screen so the install should be alright.
This is my file path: D:\SteamLibrary_HDD\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI - along with the folder 'Squad' which is also in GameData.
Also I checked at least for the pods where I could definitely match file names, namely cupola and mk3. These are correct.

Edit: Using Windows 10

Edited by deinemuttr

First, a quick apology.  I haven't made it clear (especially on the front page and thread title) that RPM development has stopped.  I shall correct that momentarily.

As you've seen, the IVA for the new Mk1 pod does not include RPM controls.  That's because it is a new IVA model.  You can probably get by with using a Module Manager patch to use the old Mk1 IVA with the new pod, but it would be better if someone takes the time to create a new IVA.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, dlrk said:

Anyone working on an RPM (or MAS, I suppose) IVA for the new landercan 2?

I am doing one... for MAS.
I currently have most of the gauges selected and placed for a retro/analog variant. Will also do an all digital/glass variant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 11:08 PM, fsbd190504 said:

Bug report:

With this mod installed, if I select [Filter by Cross-Section Profile] in VAB, I can no longer switch to other parts category before re-entering the VAB. This happens even if I install only this mod and ModuleManager.

Confirmed. Just did an exhaustive mod search to determine what was the issue, and it was RPM. Both full mod and core version seem to have the issue.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:08 PM, fsbd190504 said:

Bug report:

With this mod installed, if I select [Filter by Cross-Section Profile] in VAB, I can no longer switch to other parts category before re-entering the VAB.

46 minutes ago, Tybot said:

Confirmed.

I also confirm this behaviour.

However, I poo-poo the idea that RPM is responsible.
I have had this happening both with and without RPM installed.
Not only that, but I dont really understand how RPM could mess with bulkhead profiles and part filtering in the editor... I could be wrong, but it seems like that has nothing to do with what RPM does.

@fsbd190504 , @Tybot ... OK, so you guys are vindicated...

I was partially wrong...you are both correct.

What triggers the bug seems to be when there is a line relating to the bulkhead profile of a part missing from its config file.
I got to thinking moar on how it could be RPM doing it, when it doesnt even have any parts... Then I realised... WAIT... it has *ONE*: the External Camera
So I started a stock install... no problem... installed ModuleManager.. no problem... Installed JSI (RPM)... problem!

Also tagging you for this easy fix @MOARdV (I'll open an issue on the repo as a reminder, too)...

All that needs to be done is this line (w/o quotes) needs to be added to the external-camera.cfg file in the JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Parts\ExternalCameraPart folder:

"    bulkheadProfiles = srf"

I'm sure there are *TONS* of other mods out there that also trigger this, since, IIRC, this cfg key is relatively new (since KSP 1.4.0 or newer...vOv )

So if it happens with other mods you come across, just add that line to any parts cfg that is missing it.

the sizes are srf for surface attachment, size0, size1, size2, etc... You can easily reference stock part cfgs for examples

34 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

What triggers the bug seems to be when the relating to the bulkhead profile of a part missing from its config file.
I got to thinking moar on how it could be RPM doing it, when it doesnt even have any parts... Then I realised... WAIT... it has *ONE*: the External Camera
So I started a stock install... no problem... installed ModuleManager.. no problem... Installed JSI (RPM)... problem!

All that needs to be done is this line (w/o quotes) needs to be added to the external-camera.cfg file in the JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Parts\ExternalCameraPart folder:

"    bulkheadProfiles = srf"

I'm sure there are *TONS* of other mods out there that also trigger this, since, IIRC, this cfg key is relatively new (since KSP 1.4.0 or newer...vOv )

This was discussed in another topic...which I can't recall or find.  But after reading that, I've used this as a workaround fix.

@PART[*]:HAS[~bulkheadProfiles[]]:FINAL
{
	bulkheadProfiles = srf
}

It can be wrong for non-surface parts, but being wrong is better than having a part without a bulkheadProfiles.

1 hour ago, fsbd190504 said:

This mod fixes the problem for me

I have that mod installed.  I believe LGG just uses the same script I use.  I have it in to run in final and whichever hits it first, the second one won't find parts that fit its NEEDS so will do nothing.

If I remove LGG's mod, I don't want to get hit by that bug.  It was discussed in this topic.

17 hours ago, fsbd190504 said:

@Tybot @Stone Blue @Jacke

This mod fixes the problem for me

I tried using that to get around the issue. Unfortunately it has the issue of not displaying parts that have not been purchased, and I've not seen any way around that. I'd be trading one issue for another.

3 hours ago, fsbd190504 said:

That is a feature that can be adjusted in difficulty setting.

SONOFA... Of course he hides it in "Editor Settings" and not "Filter Extensions"... That both wasted a bunch of my time trying to get around this and saved me from wasting a ton more. Much appreciated.

Edited by Tybot

• 2 weeks later...

I know development of this mod has ceased, but in case @MOARdV wants to add ReStock support for the External Camera part in case there is another maintenance release, I've created an issue on the repo for the quick fix. Sorry, I didnt bother with a PR, since its so simple.

In any case, here's the issue I submitted of the fix for people who need the RPM External Camera part, with ReStock installed:

RPM External Camera part uses stock model/texture. Fails to load when ReStock is installed, due to ReStock disabling Squad models/textures.

ReStock has implemented a simple workaround for mods that depend on stock models/textures.
Blowfish wrote a simple plugin that can blacklist/whitelist its disabling of Squad files.

For whitelisting (keeping Squad files), a simple text file needs to be created with the extension ".restockwhitelist", simply containing the folder URL for the Squad files that need to be loaded, and *not* disabled by ReStock.

The fix is so simple, that I didnt think it was worth a PR...just one line. Sorry.
Here is the contents of said file:

Squad/Parts/Utility/linearRCS/

Then save it with filename of JSI.restockwhitelist
Save in a location with other RPM support patches, and done.
That will keep ReStock from disabling loading of that folder which has the model and texture files that the external camera needs.

The Kerbal CCTV mod depends on the RPM camera part, as well, so this will fix *that* mod, or any *other* mod that also depends on this RPM part.

Hi, I am desiging a full scale simulator for kerbal space program based on the cockpit from the MK1-2 capsule with RPM and I am wondering how I could make the LCD’s work in real life, you codes virtual buttons to operate a virtual screen, how can I code the virtual buttons to work with real world inputs and mirror the screens from the displays in the cockpit to real world screens? I can send you some sketches I drawed really quick to show you what I am trying to build. If by any chance I’ve triggered your interest, could you help me with this project?

Kind regards from Belgium.