[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

(Sorry for a messy reply - I am traveling the next couple of days, and I am fumbling with a tablet instead of my normal computer)

I wanted to try out the DDS files before I committed them to make sure they looked okay and they had mipmaps generated. They do and they did, so I'll get those up end of this week when I am back home.

I don't know what's special about tourists that allows them to go EVA. I guess I need to do some research when I get back home.

As for screens - don't bother trying to DDS-ify the fonts and stuff - the way RPM works is it draws to a render texture which is used as a replacement for a texture on the prop (which is why the props have a small emissive texture or something like that). I tried setting the flags on the rentex to generate and use mipmaps, and it looked like it worked for DX, but OGL mode didn't - the screens were all blank. I may have to jump through extra hoops for the OGL path (assuming I can identify which renderer is in use), unless someone knows the secret Unity handshake to get rentex mipmap generation to work in the OGL case.

Thanks so much for you hard work MOARdV, and have a nice trip. As for the Tourists, they're not meant to leave the pod by the game's design, and USI Life Support plugin benefits from that:

When supplies run out, things go into the red... they just say 'screw it', get grouchy, and quit.

They are still in the pod. they still take up a seat. But they can't fly, can't EVA, and essentially do the Kerbal equivelant of spinning around in their office chairs, refusing to work, until resupplied...Mechanics wise, they are transformed into tourists, as they are essentially on a self-imposed vacation.

Edited by Enceos

Question:

I am attempting to use another mod that references this one as a "bundle" in the overview.

Am trying to find a support thread for http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/223715-stockalike-station-parts-expansion-0-3-2

Seem that it has not been updated to 1.0.2 and I was not able to get it to work prior to that either.

I apologize in advance if this is the completely wrong place for this.

A little bug (0.19.3):

DV left (used to be for current stage) is wrong as it computes from the whole ship fuel, whatever the stage.

Thanx for your work on this mod, it is really a great addition!

Is there a way to change the Radar Altitude indicator on the PFD to the real radar altitude, i.e the altitude above ground? It now shows a strange value that corresponds to the depth below the sea level.

A little bug (0.19.3):

DV left (used to be for current stage) is wrong as it computes from the whole ship fuel, whatever the stage.

There's supposed to be a dV per stage as well as dV (total craft) - is this problem on one of the MFD pages?

Is there a way to change the Radar Altitude indicator on the PFD to the real radar altitude, i.e the altitude above ground? It now shows a strange value that corresponds to the depth below the sea level.

Yes. I've been meaning to change it, and I've added a reminder so I don't forget.

Hello guys,

I am currently using RPM 0.19.3 and MechJeb 2.5.1.0, but in the monitor tab "Auto", im getting the message "Autopilot software not installed."

Is it just with me?

Most likely because it's MechJeb 2.5.1, not 2.5. I will have to release an update, which will (hopefully) be later today.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding this:

I have one more very small request.

got a need in variable containing the difference between the current height and the height of the top edge of the atmosphere:

... = ORBITBODYATMOSPHERETOP -ALTITUDE

RPM_MAPPED_VARIABLE
{
sourceVariable = ALTITUDE
sourceRange = 0,ORBITBODYATMOSPHERETOP
mappedVariable = INVERTED_ATMOSPHERETOP
mappedRange = ORBITBODYATMOSPHERETOP,0
}

I'll add a variable, but I think this will do what you want. :)

Edited by MOARdV

request

I’m working on the new version of Landing Assist MFD screen, and I wish to make a marker displaying X and Y components of horizontal speed of the vessel, like the ‘retrograde’ marker on the navball. I planned to use HORZVELOCITYRIGHT and HORZVELOCITYFORWARD variables. HORZVELOCITYRIGHT works predictably and can be used for the X of the marker, but HORZVELOCITYFORWARD doesn’t, because when descending vertically, HORZVELOCITYFORWARD is equal to VERTSPEED. I really need a variable for horizontal speed in Y axis.

RasterPropMonitor v0.19.4 is now available at the usual places. This release has a few new features, but is primarily because of the MechJeb 2.5.1 release. Get it on GitHub or KerbalStuff.

And big thanks to @Enceos for the IVA treatment of the new cockpits as well as the DDS conversions on some of the props.

EDIT2:

I’m working on the new version of Landing Assist MFD screen, and I wish to make a marker displaying X and Y components of horizontal speed of the vessel, like the ‘retrograde’ marker on the navball. I planned to use HORZVELOCITYRIGHT and HORZVELOCITYFORWARD variables. HORZVELOCITYRIGHT works predictably and can be used for the X of the marker, but HORZVELOCITYFORWARD doesn’t, because when descending vertically, HORZVELOCITYFORWARD is equal to VERTSPEED. I really need a variable for horizontal speed in Y axis.

Yeah, FORWARD is relative to the "forward" vector (top of the ship for a rocket, front of a ship for a spaceplane), but there's no component for the 3rd axis. I'll add that to the list of new variables to add.

Edited by MOARdV
Reply to alexustas

Hey guys,

I figured out how to edit the configs for the cockpits, so if anyone has a wish for a cockpit/capsule that deserves a RPM overhaul, please let me know! In particular the ones that haven't been done yet. I know someone is working on some configs as well, so if anybody could let me know which still require the overhaul, that would be appreciated. :)

Also, I am implementing the props of alexustas' great ALCOR capsule into the basic mk1 pod via config files, will share when its done if anyone is interested.

Hey guys,

I figured out how to edit the configs for the cockpits, so if anyone has a wish for a cockpit/capsule that deserves a RPM overhaul, please let me know! In particular the ones that haven't been done yet. I know someone is working on some configs as well, so if anybody could let me know which still require the overhaul, that would be appreciated. :)

Also, I am implementing the props of alexustas' great ALCOR capsule into the basic mk1 pod via config files, will share when its done if anyone is interested.

Would love to see what you have done, when its ready.

On that note is there any tutorials or basic how to's on how to make a rpms. There are some I would like to edit/mess with

Is the new version of RPM backwards compatible to .90? If not, would it be possible for a version of it compiled against .90 to be uploaded?

Thanks

No, and no. Less succinctly: There were a lot of changes in KSP 1.0 that are not backwards compatible. To keep backwards compatibility, I'd have to jump through a lot of hoops to duplicate sections of the code with the "old" stuff in it vs. the new stuff, and I don't have the time to spend on supporting it (and testing features against two versions of KSP, and fielding bugs that may be present on only one version, etc). The code is freely available on GitHub if someone really wants to work on a 0.90-compatible build.

Has anyone mentioned how awesome RPM is with track IR? Because it's awesome.

yup, I actually just got finished with my 3d printed FreeTrack and it's working like a charm, just need a Leap Motion controller to be able to press the buttons to :D

Is the new version of RPM backwards compatible to .90? If not, would it be possible for a version of it compiled against .90 to be uploaded?

Thanks

If you know the version number of what you want, there's a good chance that I still have the zip file from its release. I have several G of old mod downloads.

I know this might be a bit of a basic question, but no matter how much I have looked, I still don't know how to set up any external cameras. If anyone could tell me how, it would be very appreciated.

I know this might be a bit of a basic question, but no matter how much I have looked, I still don't know how to set up any external cameras. If anyone could tell me how, it would be very appreciated.

If you want to use cameras with the basic RPM installation, just grab a camera part (there's one included with RPM that looks like a stretched single-port RCS; there is a much nicer one in the ALCOR package, and there are a lot of options in the Hullcam VDS package). Put it on the exterior of the craft. That should be it - it'll show up on the exterior camera page of the MFD. If you have multiple cameras, you can change which camera ID # each one has in the right-click menu in the VAB/SPH.

If you have multiple cameras, you can change which camera ID # each one has in the right-click menu in the VAB/SPH.

So if you have more than one camera, each one needs it's own ID # in order for you to cycle thru them?

also, I have a request.

If the person working on a mod I'm using can't accomplish this goal, you think you could get it done?

Edited by iDisOrder

So if you have more than one camera, each one needs it's own ID # in order for you to cycle thru them?

Yes. ExtCam1, ExtCam2, etc, will allow you to cycle through all of the installed cameras. Currently, RPM's display out of the box lets you have 8 cameras (plus docking ports, which use their own system).

also, I have a request.

If the person working on a mod I'm using can't accomplish this goal, you think you could get it done?

If the features at that link are supposed to work in EVA, probably not - RPM monitors are intended to be IVA only. The lighting can be controlled from a switch in IVA - some of Bobcat's mods used that feature. As far as whether I myself would do it - I looked at that mod when it first came out, but I haven't touched it since then, since it doesn't fit my style of play right now. Since I don't use it, I wouldn't want to sink hours into getting it working. I'd be willing to provide recommendations and support for someone who is working on it, however.

Edited by MOARdV
Forgot to respond to the first question

so as of now, the autopilot function on the monitors is not integrated with any known auto pilots?

what would hypothetically be under the 'engine igniter' page?

is there somewhere within the IVA's now where the Kerbal pilot's autopilot functions (retrograde, prograde, etc.) be accessed?

- - - Updated - - -

also, this is easily one of the best aesthetic and functional mods I've every downloaded.