[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

so as of now, the autopilot function on the monitors is not integrated with any known auto pilots?

what would hypothetically be under the 'engine igniter' page?

is there somewhere within the IVA's now where the Kerbal pilot's autopilot functions (retrograde, prograde, etc.) be accessed?

- - - Updated - - -

also, this is easily one of the best aesthetic and functional mods I've every downloaded.

I have used the Auto Pilot page with MechJeb. It is integrated very well.

The Kerbal pilot's autopilot functions (pro-grade, retrograde, etc) are not available in "basic" RPM, but are available in the ALCOR pod, which incorporates a lot of other cool functions.

and what about the engine ignitor? what makes that page function?

The Engine Ignitor plugin / mod. I personally haven't used it, and I don't know if it's updated to 1.0.x.

I am running 0.90 until a few more mods are updated to 1.0.2.

Currently, CKAN has RPM (dev) and RPM Core (stable) listed.

Both seem to fail the download, as it appears to be looking for a v0.19.1 iat the v0.19.2 link/zip.

To be able to continue using B9, I need the most recent .90 compatible build. Is that the Dev build or another? I have no issue manually installing, I just need to know which one to Git.

I am running 0.90 until a few more mods are updated to 1.0.2.

Currently, CKAN has RPM (dev) and RPM Core (stable) listed.

Both seem to fail the download, as it appears to be looking for a v0.19.1 iat the v0.19.2 link/zip.

To be able to continue using B9, I need the most recent .90 compatible build. Is that the Dev build or another? I have no issue manually installing, I just need to know which one to Git.

RasterPropMonitor did not support CKAN prior to the KSP 1.0 release, and the CKAN support it has now is through KerbalStuff. I do not support CKAN directly.

[Request] Be able to turn off light inside cabin. For a better view of the stars etc.

I'm far from an expert on mods being new myself,

but I do believe that would be a feature of the individual mod/pod you'd use.

RPM is a mod for monitors, not interior lighting

I'm far from an expert on mods being new myself,

but I do believe that would be a feature of the individual mod/pod you'd use.

RPM is a mod for monitors, not interior lighting

Actually...

Yes, the pod is a factor, but it is possible to toggle those interior lights using RPM, if the pod has lights that can be toggled. I know alexustas includes that feature in the ALCOR (and maybe ERS) pod, and I was able to make it work with the FASA Gemini, as well. If the pod has interior lights, an IVA maker can control those lights using RPM.

Hi everyone,

New to this forum but old to KSP. Love this mod for those long IVA's :)

I was wondering if it's a known bug but I'm having an issue with the external camera supplied with RPM. Sometimes it displays on an MFD fine but quite often there will be a problem with the refreshing of the image and it will look as if it blurs across the screen. Sometimes some or all of the cameras won't display or update at all, even if I change the ID of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is there any way to make the simple props for fuel and monoprop work with RealFuels?

You can edit the prop configs in GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/SimpleProps to select the appropriate resources to display for RealFuels. If you look in KSP.log in your KSP installation directory, you'll see a bunch of lines like "Remembering system resource ..." with resource names and names beginning with SYSR_. That'll give you a hint on what names to use.

Hi everyone,

New to this forum but old to KSP. Love this mod for those long IVA's :)

I was wondering if it's a known bug but I'm having an issue with the external camera supplied with RPM. Sometimes it displays on an MFD fine but quite often there will be a problem with the refreshing of the image and it will look as if it blurs across the screen. Sometimes some or all of the cameras won't display or update at all, even if I change the ID of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What version are you using? What is your game's config? What mods? Other than a bug right after 1.0 came out, I haven't heard anything about this, and I haven't seen it.

Do anyone know if Kerbal Engineer Redux is able to work with RasterProp?

I was thinking i could make a monitor that showed any of the info i wanted from the KER,.

Do anyone know if Kerbal Engineer Redux is able to work with RasterProp?

I was thinking i could make a monitor that showed any of the info i wanted from the KER,.

To my knowledge, not currently. It would be a good thing to support - I'll add myself a reminder to see what it would take.

EDIT: And also, for those wanting to look at the bleeding-edge RasterPropMonitor development, I've put a dev snapshot on DropBox. Refer to the bottom of the GitHub's "Changes in this version" page to get a list of what's in there right now.

Edited by MOARdV
Add dev release note

Actually...

Yes, the pod is a factor, but it is possible to toggle those interior lights using RPM, if the pod has lights that can be toggled. I know alexustas includes that feature in the ALCOR (and maybe ERS) pod, and I was able to make it work with the FASA Gemini, as well. If the pod has interior lights, an IVA maker can control those lights using RPM.

Ya think you can get the bay lights to toggle in Warpship?

Ya think you can get the bay lights to toggle in Warpship?

It's much, much easier to do working with the person who made the model, and it requires a custom IVA. It'd be possible, but since I'm not using that part, I don't expect to be working on an IVA for it any time soon.

MOARdV I converted all of your RPM textures to optimized dds and sent them to you in a message. I'm not sure if you've gotten them yet :P. I've been trying to optimize my memory usage and have been using them myself with much success. :)

I've been trying to optimize my memory usage and have been using them myself with much success. :)

I finally turned off KSP this afternoon after much frustration.

I was going to post here on the forums asking for a solution to my crash problem.

Seems I'm loading more than I'm playing

(check out the 10-15 minute intervals between folders generated)

7O3a2gu.jpg

Could the lack of .dds files be the reason?

KSP-AVC says I have 26 mods added, but I know it's more.

It isn't picking up the mods that don't actually add items to the game I'm guessing

Edit: I know there's this whole 32 bit issue with KSP using only 4(?) GB of memory but I do have 32GB and a GTX 970 SSC card

Edited by iDisOrder

I finally turned off KSP this afternoon after much frustration.

I was going to post here on the forums asking for a solution to my crash problem.

Seems I'm loading more than I'm playing

(check out the 10-15 minute intervals between folders generated)

I've been having the same problem - I finally spent time playing today instead of working on RPM, and I was disappointed at how frequently I had crashes due to memory problems.

Could the lack of .dds files be the reason?

In RPM specifically? RPM doesn't have a huge texture footprint, so no. Add in lots of other mods, and then add in the memory leaks that are in KSP (and possibly mods, as well), and you hit a problem.

Edit: I know there's this whole 32 bit issue with KSP using only 4(?) GB of memory but I do have 32GB and a GTX 970 SSC card

Because KSP is a 32 bit app on Windows, it doesn't matter how much memory you have. KSP can only use 4 GB (and about 1/2 GB is used up by operating system and other overhead). That's why the lack of a 64 bit version of KSP is so painful if you're running mods.

In RPM specifically?...

That's why the lack of a 64 bit version of KSP is so painful if you're running mods.

Nope, not RPM specifically but I looked through a lot of my installed mod folders and see all these .png's staring me in the face

They won't stop me running mods dammit!

I'll re-load every 5 minutes if I have to!

:D

Edit: I posted this crash problem on another thread and received the best advice ever!

You may know about the fix already, but I'm running KSP at HALF the memory load!

It's been 20 minutes and I have KSP running now with Firefox open writing this and still... no crash!

Edited by iDisOrder

I love this mod, and I play in IVA almost all the time now. But what I would love is to have support with the BD Armory mod, like in the M1A1 barrel have a gunner view, so I can actually fire without needing to be in external view.

WpQceuq.png

Is it possible to add my own RPM page to an existing cockpit? The buttons are already full so how can the user selects it then?

I know that you can change the color fairly easily but idk about models xD. Inadequate post is inadequate. ;)

I love this mod, and I play in IVA almost all the time now. But what I would love is to have support with the BD Armory mod, like in the M1A1 barrel have a gunner view, so I can actually fire without needing to be in external view.

Depending on the model, it'd be possible to treat the cannon barrel as a 'camera'. That requires knowledge of the transforms in the model, plus some config work, that is best done by the model maker or someone who's working with the model maker to find out which transform is near the end of the barrel (or wherever the camera is supposed to be). I don't personally use the mod, so I won't be the one doing that. I have plenty enough to keep me busy with core RPM and the IVA reworks I've been trying to do for the last month.

Well lets say I want to make an addon so I can control Pilot Assistant and KSP Interstellar from IVA. Now, I can create a page for that, as there is that manual in github, but how do I select it then? As far as I know all of the buttons in the MFD are already bound to a page and adding more pages means that I need to add more buttons, so is there any way to do it without needing to mess up with the models?

Well lets say I want to make an addon so I can control Pilot Assistant and KSP Interstellar from IVA. Now, I can create a page for that, as there is that manual in github, but how do I select it then? As far as I know all of the buttons in the MFD are already bound to a page and adding more pages means that I need to add more buttons, so is there any way to do it without needing to mess up with the models?

You have a few options:

• Add it as an additional page tied to a button (you have noticed that you can press some of the MFD buttons multiple times to see different pages, right? That's because there's more than one page bound to those particular buttons),
  • Remove an existing page / set of pages and make it a dedicated option,
  • Create a new prop using the same model, but with different pages, or
  • Same as the previous, but using ASET_Props or props from another IVA.