[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

It looks like I can specify my own font for pages - I was looking into then got distracted reading a Valve whitepaper so I I'll just ask before commiting any more time on it. I'm tempted to just copy one of the texture array files and overlay a custom character then just reference the font in the RPM test/greeter page.

On a side note, that whitepaper is a good dev read.

I've been trying to make an RPM page that will enable IVA control of the SAS mode, without adding any props. I have been unable to figure out how to bind the buttons to actually do this. I see that there is a prop included that does this(SASModeButtons.cfg), but can't find a way to actually do the same thing in a page on the main monitor. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing it?

I've been trying to make an RPM page that will enable IVA control of the SAS mode, without adding any props. I have been unable to figure out how to bind the buttons to actually do this. I see that there is a prop included that does this(SASModeButtons.cfg), but can't find a way to actually do the same thing in a page on the main monitor. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Currently, there isn't a way to bind the SAS modes in a menu. It'd require writing a text menu class within RPM that handles that functionality (similar to the target menu and the MechJeb menu in concept).

Can't wait to see when you get the SAS modes in then! This is one of the better mods I've ever come across, I've always enjoyed the idea of an IVA only mission, and this mod has made my career so much more interesting with running an IVA only space program.

The camera's were a very nice goal to reach in the tech tree, as they literally opened the ship's eyes to making docking and landing even easier. Great mod!!! Keep it up!! Rep for you :D

So, first your mod is just marvelous and awesome ! Thanks for your work !

Just one question : is it possible, in future, to hope raster prop monitor can be streamed by telemetry or something like that for integration in a simcockpit ?

please

Okay, I've created a basic SAS Controller menu plugin if anyone else wants to use it. Not sure how to patch the MFD40x20.cfg file to add the page without just overwriting it entirely, so you'll need to add the page manually.

Basic code to add the page is:

PAGE
{
name = RPMSASMenu
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = RPMSASMenu
method = showMenu
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
buttonUp = 0
buttonDown = 1
buttonEnter = 2
}
}

The menu itself is fairly simple; up and down arrows move the caret, enter selects the mode if it's available, and the currently active mode is marked with a *.

Source code and DLL are both provided, license for the source code is "I don't care what you do with it".

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx9frefdk0wak5v/RPMSASMenu.7z?dl=0

I've used this mod my last few campaigns, but since starting in 1.0 it hasn't been working for me. The screens are white and none of the buttons work.

I attributed the problem to Active Texture Management, but I have since removed ATM, deleted and reinstalled Rasterprop with no change.

Any suggestions?

I've used this mod my last few campaigns, but since starting in 1.0 it hasn't been working for me. The screens are white and none of the buttons work.

I attributed the problem to Active Texture Management, but I have since removed ATM, deleted and reinstalled Rasterprop with no change.

Any suggestions?

Also having this issue

Any suggestions?

Need more info. I need the logs - at the very least the log (KSP install)/KSP_Data/output_log.txt, and optionally (KSP install)/KSP.log

Most cases like this have been because of incorrect installation or ATM messing up some of the textures RPM uses.

PSA: I've spent a long time trying to figure out why my orbit wasn't showing on the Orbit screen. Turns out it's because on Career it needs a level 2 Tracking Station to display.

Which I think is awesome if intentional, but the fact that it seems like the only display limited by building level threw me off.

Suggestion: turn lots of variables into "N/A" until relevant building levels are achieved.

I could try to make a sensible, non-exhaustive list of dependencies if you'd like.

- - - Updated - - -

Mach-1 post count reach!

PSA: I've spent a long time trying to figure out why my orbit wasn't showing on the Orbit screen. Turns out it's because on Career it needs a level 2 Tracking Station to display.

Which I think is awesome if intentional, but the fact that it seems like the only display limited by building level threw me off.

Suggestion: turn lots of variables into "N/A" until relevant building levels are achieved.

If I read the wiki right, orbits are available at Level 1 (the wiki says they're available in the map view, so presumably you can read Ap and Pe in that view?). Patched conics aren't available until Level 2. The RPM orbit view uses patched conics so it can draw appropriate intercepts and SoI transitions, and there are some other places where they're used (target intercepts, for instance). I can take a look at it more closely once v0.20.0 is out of the way, and I get some big things for v0.21.0 wrapped up.

Need more info. I need the logs - at the very least the log (KSP install)/KSP_Data/output_log.txt, and optionally (KSP install)/KSP.log

Most cases like this have been because of incorrect installation or ATM messing up some of the textures RPM uses.

Tried the reinstall, same problem. Even the navballs are messed up in IVA.

I've got the log files, and I feel stupid asking this, put how do I attach them here?

Tried the reinstall, same problem. Even the navballs are messed up in IVA.

I've got the log files, and I feel stupid asking this, put how do I attach them here?

I'm trying to use drop box... Hi MOARdv, awesome looking mod! Any chance you could figure out what I did wrong? :D Here's some links to those logs you said you needed...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzy7jq8bg04c798/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajyhxbd6za13lxi/KSP.log?dl=0

I'm trying to use drop box... Hi MOARdv, awesome looking mod! Any chance you could figure out what I did wrong? :D Here's some links to those logs you said you needed...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajyhxbd6za13lxi/KSP.log?dl=0

First thing I see is that you're using DDSLoader, and that is throwing exceptions on lots of textures (including textures used in the MFD). DDSLoader was not updated for 1.0.x because it's not needed - KSP loads DDS textures natively. RPM itself is loading and reporting itself normally, so remove DDSLoader and check it again.

First thing I see is that you're using DDSLoader, and that is throwing exceptions on lots of textures (including textures used in the MFD). DDSLoader was not updated for 1.0.x because it's not needed - KSP loads DDS textures natively. RPM itself is loading and reporting itself normally, so remove DDSLoader and check it again.

so I deleted the DDSloader, and no change... Here's a screenshot of what I see in the IVA and logs from after I deleted DSSloader

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooze9nlo31sv7z5/screenshot6.png?dl=0

so I deleted the DDSloader, and no change... Here's a screenshot of what I see in the IVA and logs from after I deleted DSSloader

RPM is not installed correctly. It looks like the RasterPropMonitor folder was dropped directly into GameData, so RPM can't find the MFD model (or other models). RasterPropMonitor needs to be in GameData/JSI, exactly how it's packaged in the zip file, or it can't find the props it uses.

RPM is not installed correctly. It looks like the RasterPropMonitor folder was dropped directly into GameData, so RPM can't find the MFD model (or other models). RasterPropMonitor needs to be in GameData/JSI, exactly how it's packaged in the zip file, or it can't find the props it uses.

Yep i think it's fixed sort of... I wanted to have a monitor in the IVA hooked up to external cameras, is that supposed to be possible? it looks like it's supposed to, I have also downloaded and installed ship camera mod also

Yep i think it's fixed sort of... I wanted to have a monitor in the IVA hooked up to external cameras, is that supposed to be possible? it looks like it's supposed to, I have also downloaded and installed ship camera mod also

It does work... I used an external cam and RPM IVA veiw to dock last night...very cool. The giant navball is awesome too.

Here are my output_log and KSP.log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b871fjmc8g28h0/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r468muse6rfyyf2/KSP.log?dl=0

I didn't take a screenshot, but the screens are white. The navball also doesn't work. I did have ATM installed at one point but have removed it. Perhaps it messed something up with the textures.

Thanks

Here are my output_log and KSP.log.

I didn't take a screenshot, but the screens are white. The navball also doesn't work. I did have ATM installed at one point but have removed it. Perhaps it messed something up with the textures.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the logs don't actually show you going into Flight, which is where RPM tries to configure everything. I do see two mods messing with RPM textures - although it looks like Texture Replacer is probably benign. However, Filter Extensions renames some textures. I'd suggest removing Filter Extensions, and see if that fixes the problem; if not, remove Texture Replacer and see if that fixes it. If neither of those steps fix the problem, please post logs that include going into Flight (even if it's an RPM-enabled pod on the launch pad), so I can see what RPM is saying when it needs to configure the props for use.

...I do see two mods messing with RPM textures - although it looks like Texture Replacer is probably benign...

I'm running Texture replacer for epic suits and RPM is working perfectly, dont know about the other mod.