[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

hey @MOARdV I just had an idea for you - maybe in the OP add a section of ideas for RPM displays you may have or think of wanting for other people to consider implementing? Maybe accept contributions from others as well? My line of thinking here is that you and others who have done lots of RPM work and know the ins and outs can really come up with some cool things that would be possible. instead of someone having to ask "can I do this?" and then dig around the docs to find out if/how they might be able to have an outline for things they can try to implement if they're looking to add something.

^^
On THAT note, I would LOVE to see displays for Kerbal GPS (Figaro) and Waypoint Manager... I dont know if together in one set of display screens would work or not, but that would be AWESOME-SAUCE if they WERE integrated together... :D

13 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Just in time for Christmas: RasterPropMonitor v0.24.2 is now live on GitHub and KerbalStuff.  This fixes one debug spam bug, and it adds a couple of minor features (configurable horizontal strips in the HUD, and the ability to use named variables in the mapped variable range).

thanks, but it seems you forgot to update the .version file IN the download.
the online one is fine

3 hours ago, Speadge said:

thanks, but it seems you forgot to update the .version file IN the download.
the online one is fine

Oops.  It looks like I grabbed the dev build from a few days ago by accident.  Updated both places.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Oops.  It looks like I grabbed the dev build from a few days ago by accident.  Updated both places.

is the "content" the same or do i need to update when i have the "devbuild" running now?

51 minutes ago, Speadge said:

is the "content" the same or do i need to update when i have the "devbuild" running now?

The dev build most likely does not have the change to support named variables in the MAPPED_ variable range.  However, there are no released IVAs that use that feature yet, so there's no rush to update.

I've run into an issue where using version 0.24.2 or 0.24.2.1 cause KSP to run very slowly. Low framerates, my clock is solid yellow for all craft, whether they have a cockpit or not. There doesn't appear to be anything unusual in the log. I narrowed it down to this mod and verified that if I roll back to version 0.24.1 the problem disappears. A couple people on Twitch reported the same problem, and confirmed that going back to 0.24.1 fixed the slowdown for them too.

I love RPM and hate to bring bad news! Is there some other information that would be useful?

10 hours ago, White Owl said:

I've run into an issue where using version 0.24.2 or 0.24.2.1 cause KSP to run very slowly. Low framerates, my clock is solid yellow for all craft, whether they have a cockpit or not. There doesn't appear to be anything unusual in the log. I narrowed it down to this mod and verified that if I roll back to version 0.24.1 the problem disappears. A couple people on Twitch reported the same problem, and confirmed that going back to 0.24.1 fixed the slowdown for them too.

I love RPM and hate to bring bad news! Is there some other information that would be useful?

I haven't seen the framerate drop myself.  Does this happen on all cockpits, or only specific ones?  There are really only two changes I made that could have affected the framerate, and I'm not seeing a difference here.  I could put a couple of test builds up with those two changes split out, if you're willing to try each one out to see which fixes the problem.

I seem to have a problem with the Mk1 Cockpit IVA. RPM works fine on everything else, but the Mk1 cockpit RPM screen just displays some 'not found' errors and a retro KSP logo. I thought it might be related to Active Texture Management, but I uninstalled that and copied all my mods into a new directory that I copied out of Steam and the issue persists. It's not a huge deal, since so far this is the only one that broke, but it's annoying not to be able to, for example, get a view through an underside camera to make landing easier.

Edited by Hlothwig

Sorry I didn't see the response. That's my fault.

No, the slowdown is not associated with any particular part. As a matter of fact, I see the low framerates from the initial game menu, and in every scene after that, regardless of what's loaded or unloaded. Only when versions 0.24.2 or 0.24.2.1 are loaded; using 0.24.1 fixes it.

Since I appear to be the only one experiencing the problem badly enough to report it, I'm thinking it's likely a conflict with some other mod or collection of mods, and therefore not really your problem at all. Tracking it down could be a pain... but in the meantime, I'm content with 0.24.1

I've been using this mod for a month and is one of the greatest mods I've ever seen.

Just in order to improve it:

-I'm having an issue with HullCamera. The RPM screen only shows a 1/2 of the image it should, instead of making the hole square full by loosing pixels, why not show a panoramic, because it's impossible to see anything in small ships.

-It would be AWESOME if you add a mp3 player to RPM, just putting the audios in a file and being able to play them ingame (I've found something interesting, but out of date http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/12520-015-really-advanced-computer-systems-rev-11-music-player-countdown-inside/&page=1)(and here could be interesting things http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/95167-ksp-music-player/)

-I've seen some videos were pods have an optional horizont locator just in the window, I don't know if I'm being clear enough.

If I have any mistake I'm sorry, I don't use to speak English.

Edited by pedro16797
Added links to an old music player plugin and a post about the music player

9 hours ago, White Owl said:

Sorry I didn't see the response. That's my fault.

No, the slowdown is not associated with any particular part. As a matter of fact, I see the low framerates from the initial game menu, and in every scene after that, regardless of what's loaded or unloaded. Only when versions 0.24.2 or 0.24.2.1 are loaded; using 0.24.1 fixes it.

Since I appear to be the only one experiencing the problem badly enough to report it, I'm thinking it's likely a conflict with some other mod or collection of mods, and therefore not really your problem at all. Tracking it down could be a pain... but in the meantime, I'm content with 0.24.1

If it starts in the initial game menu, I don't see how it's RPM - RPM functionally exists only in flight (outside of some of the part modules, like the cameras, which exist in the VAB/SPH).  It may be another mod that interacts with RPM that's having problems due to the bump in the version number, but that's about the only thing I can come up with to explain it without more specifics.

8 hours ago, pedro16797 said:

-I'm having an issue with HullCamera. The RPM screen only shows a 1/2 of the image it should, instead of making the hole square full by loosing pixels, why not show a panoramic, because it's impossible to see anything in small ships.

-It would be AWESOME if you add a mp3 player to RPM, just putting the audios in a file and being able to play them ingame (I've found something interesting, but out of date http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/12520-015-really-advanced-computer-systems-rev-11-music-player-countdown-inside/&page=1)(and here could be interesting things http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/95167-ksp-music-player/)

-I've seen some videos were pods have an optional horizont locator just in the window, I don't know if I'm being clear enough.

If I have any mistake I'm sorry, I don't use to speak English.

-RPM can use HullCamera parts, but it is not intended to show exactly the same thing as HullCamera.  It uses the camera transform to create its own scene, so there is no panorama view.  I would have to shrink the picture to make it panoramic, which makes it harder to see the image.

-RPM can play sounds for buttons and switches, and it can play ambient noise in IVA (such as machinery and life support sounds).  I do not think a music player fits the idea of RPM.

-Some IVA have a heads-up display that displays horizon information while looking out a window.  Some of those IVA don't work now because Squad changed the interior, and nobody has been able to update those IVA.

Turns out that my install has some kind of invisible, intermittent gremlin causing the slowdown. The gremlin must've thought it was funny to associate himself with your flawless mod for a few days, but has now moved on to making mischief elsewhere. I'm going to catch him one of these days.

For now, the latest version of RPM is working perfectly for me. I apologize for the confusion.

9 hours ago, White Owl said:

Turns out that my install has some kind of invisible, intermittent gremlin causing the slowdown. The gremlin must've thought it was funny to associate himself with your flawless mod for a few days, but has now moved on to making mischief elsewhere. I'm going to catch him one of these days.

For now, the latest version of RPM is working perfectly for me. I apologize for the confusion.

Apologies aren't needed in this case.  There've been bugs in the past that didn't reproduce for me locally until the correct seemingly-unrelated detail was exposed, so I wouldn't have been surprised that there was something odd happening here.  Well, I would have been surprised, since one of the changes should have improved performance, not slowed it down, but it wouldn't have been unprecedented.

Regardless, I hope you find the gremlin and show him the way out.

4 hours ago, crazygamer said:

can you add support for BD Armory?

I don't have plans to support BD Armory.  I don't use the mod myself, and RPM already supports a couple of mods that I don't use, which increases my workload when it comes time to update RPM.  If someone else wants to tackle it, I'll be happy to provide suggestions, but I don't want to sign up to maintain it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently trying to modify the fuel gauge from the FASA Gemini IVA update to show realfuels, but I can't fully figure it out. Can anyone see where I'm going wrong?

The way I'm trying to do it, is to add a bunch of custom math variables that simply add all the common fuels used in RF. Like so:

Spoiler

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LF
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGEN
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMH
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIA
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LFMAX
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50MAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGENMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMHMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIAMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75MAX
	}	

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LFPERCENT
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50PERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGENPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMHPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIAPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75PERCENT
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LFSTAGE
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENESTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50STAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGENSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMHSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANESTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIASTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75STAGE
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LFSTAGEMAX
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENESTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50STAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGENSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMHSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANESTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIASTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75STAGEMAX
	}	

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_LFSTAGEPERCENT
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_KEROSENESTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_AEROZINE50STAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDHYDROGENSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_MMHSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDMETHANESTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDAMMONIASTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_ETHANOL75STAGEPERCENT
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_O
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGEN
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTP
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPB
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTO
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMH
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_OMAX
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGENMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPBMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTOMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMHMAX
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_OPERCENT
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGENPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPBPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTOPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMHPERCENT
	}	
RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_OSTAGE
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGENSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPBSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTOSTAGE
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMHSTAGE
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_OSTAGEMAX
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGENSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPBSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTOSTAGEMAX
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMHSTAGEMAX
	}

RPM_MATH_VARIABLE

{
		name = CUSTOM_RALA_OSTAGEPERCENT
		operator = ADD

sourceVariable = SYSR_LQDOXYGENSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_HTPBSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_NTOSTAGEPERCENT
		sourceVariable = SYSR_UDMHSTAGEPERCENT
	}

Then I go into the Fuelgauge config and adjust every reference to SYSR_LIQUIDFUEL to the appropriate custom variable. As far as I can see that should make the gauge operational again:

Spoiler

PROP
{
  name = ASET_VPG_Dual_Fuel

// ----- arrow offset

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIVariableAnimator
		refreshRate = 1
		VARIABLESET
		{		
			scale = 0,1
			variableName = CUSTOM_RALA_LFSTAGEPERCENT  
			controlledTransform = VPGDAmountLLoc
			localTranslationStart = 0,0,0.00
			localTranslationEnd  = 0,0,-0.08768
		}
		VARIABLESET
		{		
			scale = 0,1
			variableName = CUSTOM_RALA_LFPERCENT  
			controlledTransform = VPGDAmountRLoc
			localTranslationStart = 0,0,0.00
			localTranslationEnd  = 0,0,-0.08768
		}	
	}	

MODULE
		{
			name = JSIVariableAnimator
			refreshRate = 10

// ----- Backlight emissive 			

VARIABLESET
			{
				coloredObject = VPGDScaleObj
				passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
				activeColor = 100,100,100,255
				variableName = CUSTOM_ALCOR_BACKLIGHT_ON
				scale = 0,1
				threshold = 0.1,1.1
			}

VARIABLESET
			{
				coloredObject = VPGDAmountArrowL
				passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
				activeColor = 180,180,180,255
				scale = 0,1
				threshold = 0.1,1.1
			}

VARIABLESET
			{
				coloredObject = VPGDAmountArrowR
				passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
				activeColor = 180,180,180,255
				scale = 0,1
				threshold = 0.1,1.1
			}
// ----- No data flags anim		

VARIABLESET
			{		
				scale = 1,0
				variableName = CUSTOM_RALA_LFMAX   
				controlledTransform = VPGDNoDataFlagLoc
				localRotationStart = 0,0,0
				localRotationEnd = 0,-38,0
			}

}

// -----  Gauge name (bottom)

MODULE
		{
			name = JSIVariableLabel
			transformName = GaugeBottomNameObj
			fontSize = 0.003
			refreshRate = 150
			labelText = [#<=0:333333;FF0000;999999=>]  LIQUID $$$   FUEL, % $&$ CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
		}

// -----  Gauge name (side)

MODULE
		{
			name = JSIVariableLabel
			transformName = GaugeLeftSideNameObj
			fontSize = 0.003
			refreshRate = 150
			labelText = [#<=0:333333;FF0000;999999=>] S$$$ T$$$ A$$$ G$$$ E $&$ CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = JSIVariableLabel
			transformName = GaugeRightSideNameObj
			fontSize = 0.003
			refreshRate = 150
			labelText = [#<=0:333333;FF0000;999999=>]T$$$O$$$T$$$A$$$L $&$ CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
		}
}

But nope. Fuel gauge stubbornly refuses to detect the kerosene in my rocket:

Spoiler

9L3FWLV.jpg

Anyone knows where I screwed up? Am I messing with the wrong prop or something silly like that?

5 hours ago, Ralathon said:

Anyone knows where I screwed up?

You're creating "MATH_" variables - they must be prefixed with MATH_ to read them (eg, MATH_CUSTOM_RALA_LFPERCENT).  Although I'd recommend dropping the CUSTOM_ out of the math variable names (eg, RALA_LFPERCENT) so they're less wordy (MATH_RALA_LFPERCENT).

Thanks for maintaining RPM for everyone MOARdV, too many mods disappear when the original creators can't continue development. 

I was wondering if it is possible to install only the replacement indicator light panel. I love the displays and use them all the time, but this particular computer doesn't do well with the added strain in IVA.  What parts of RPM are necessary for the indicator panel, and can I run them on their own?

I remember the mod originally had them as kind of a separate thing, but I can't find any information on it anymore.

33 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Thanks for maintaining RPM for everyone MOARdV, too many mods disappear when the original creators can't continue development. 

I was wondering if it is possible to install only the replacement indicator light panel. I love the displays and use them all the time, but this particular computer doesn't do well with the added strain in IVA.  What parts of RPM are necessary for the indicator panel, and can I run them on their own?

I remember the mod originally had them as kind of a separate thing, but I can't find any information on it anymore.

You would need to delete the patches in the RPM package, so they don't replace the IVA outright.  You'd then need to write an MM patch that would replace the indicator light panels (PROP name = IndicatorPanel) with the RPM indicator panel (IndicatorPanelRPM) in the IVAs.

EDIT: Oh, and if you didn't want the other props to take up space, you'd need to delete those, too; if it's just performance that's an issue, you wouldn't need to, since they won't lag the game if they're not in use.

Edited by MOARdV

So i downloaded and installed rasterpropmonitor, and when i loaded the game, it got stuck on rasterpropmonitorbasicmfd, is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Actually now it's not working again, here's what the loading screen is stuck on.

JSI/RPMPodPATCHES/Basic/MFD40x20/RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD

Only deleting the module manager caches seem to work.

Edited by terminator1128
i didn't fix the problem

using other pods like ALCOR the navball seems to be black in quarter resolution and half resolition.... only in full resolution it shows!! please tell me how to fiz this cause in full resolution i canot build big ships or it will crash!!

ok.... i go to \GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Components\NavBall ... coppy and the "NavBall000" and paste it on the Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORPFD... that fixed it!! ALCOR fixed...

But now i m having the same problem with the Probe control room mod.... OMG... any tips??