[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

19 hours ago, DeathSkull-SpaceGamer said:

You should probably chage the website "kerbalstuff" into "SpaceDock" but still it's an cool mod :D

The mod continues to be available through GitHub, which is where I officially release the mod.  When I'm ready for another release (after KSP 1.1 is out), it will be released on SpaceDock as well.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, MOARdV said:

As I stated previously, and as is noted in the release notes, the Mk1 cockpits are no longer RPM enabled.  Squad changed the IVAs, and they didn't update Part Tools so we can load those IVAs to edit them.  Maybe somebody has figured out how to work around that problem, but I don't have the time to mess with it.  I will happily incorporate a MM patch from anyone who's gotten RPM props installed in the newest version of the IVA.

Soooooo... what you're saying here is that RPM doesn't work with any of the STOCK cockpits or capsules any longer do to recent rework of them. So my question is... what is this mod good for then? Only works with the two copter cockpits in Firespitter, doesn't work with OPT Space plane parts etc. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Reason I ask is because NONE of my cockpits show the RPM gear, they're all vanilla even with the mod installed. However, it looks like the copter cockpits from Firespitter work; then again that could have been original firespitter coding.

So where do I go from here? Just reinstall? Any advice?

Edited by saxappeal89129

2 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Soooooo... what you're saying here is that RPM doesn't work with any of the STOCK cockpits or capsules any longer do to recent rework of them. So my question is... what is this mod good for then?

-snipped-

Well, there are many other, modded cockpits available, other than just the Firespitter ones, that RPM still works with...

Hopefully the new Part Tools will get released the same time 1.1 goes public, and a month or two later, all will be well with the world, because not only will many mods that have been stagnant thru 1.0.5, waiting for 1.1, will be updated, and there will also be many more NEW mods, I expect...

Edited by Stone Blue

10 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Soooooo... what you're saying here is that RPM doesn't work with any of the STOCK cockpits or capsules any longer do to recent rework of them. So my question is... what is this mod good for then? Only works with the two copter cockpits in Firespitter, doesn't work with OPT Space plane parts etc. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Reason I ask is because NONE of my cockpits show the RPM gear, they're all vanilla even with the mod installed. However, it looks like the copter cockpits from Firespitter work; then again that could have been original firespitter coding.

So where do I go from here? Just reinstall? Any advice?

No.  What I stated is that the Mk1 aircraft cockpits do not work because of changes in 1.0.4/1.0.5.  The only reports I've seen of this mod not working with other stock cockpits comes from people who installed this mod incorrectly, and people who used CKAN to install it, and CKAN only installed part of RPM.  If this mod isn't working with most of the stock cockpits, you need to completely delete the JSI directory in GameData and reinstall this mod in its entirety,

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:28 AM, MOARdV said:

No.  What I stated is that the Mk1 aircraft cockpits do not work because of changes in 1.0.4/1.0.5.  The only reports I've seen of this mod not working with other stock cockpits comes from people who installed this mod incorrectly, and people who used CKAN to install it, and CKAN only installed part of RPM.  If this mod isn't working with most of the stock cockpits, you need to completely delete the JSI directory in GameData and reinstall this mod in its entirety,

Interesting... because in previous versions, RPM has worked flawlessly, but for some reason it's not working for 1.0.5 for me.

*Update* Just installed .24.1 and it works flawlessly, not sure if there's an issue with .24.2 or with module manager, but the latest updated package for RPM crashes upon loading now.

Edited by saxappeal89129

Now that I've got .24.1 working... I have a quick question. Previously when I've used RPM there was an additional mod that gave every docking port a camera; it looks like some of RMP's pics show this mod as well. I'm not talking about the docking port alignment mod (that's just a funky HUD indicator), anyone know the name of the docking port camera mod that plugs into RPM?

@saxappeal89129 That would probably be Hullcam VDS... ALthough, I beleive the KURS-style Docking Camera mod might also work with RPM? If it does, it doesnt require all the parts that Hullcam ships with... Though I usually delete most of the Hullcam parts, and mainly use the ASET camera, instead...

Also, it appears this stock MK1 RPM IVA just got released:

Edited by Stone Blue

9 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Interesting... because in previous versions, RPM has worked flawlessly, but for some reason it's not working for 1.0.5 for me.

*Update* Just installed .24.1 and it works flawlessly, not sure if there's an issue with .24.2 or with module manager, but the latest updated package for RPM crashes upon loading now.

How are you installing RPM?  Post some logs of the crash, and I can see if I can sort out the problem.

8 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Now that I've got .24.1 working... I have a quick question. Previously when I've used RPM there was an additional mod that gave every docking port a camera; it looks like some of RMP's pics show this mod as well. I'm not talking about the docking port alignment mod (that's just a funky HUD indicator), anyone know the name of the docking port camera mod that plugs into RPM?

That mod is RPM.  All docking ports have a "reference" camera installed through Module Manager.  When you select a docking port as the reference part in the RPM MFD menu, you can view the docking port cam on the docking info MFD page.  You can also manually add a "normal" RPM camera to docking ports so you can cycle through it in the external camera view page (which is how it worked quite some time ago).

36 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

That mod is RPM.  All docking ports have a "reference" camera installed through Module Manager.  When you select a docking port as the reference part in the RPM MFD menu, you can view the docking port cam on the docking info MFD page.  You can also manually add a "normal" RPM camera to docking ports so you can cycle through it in the external camera view page (which is how it worked quite some time ago).

Wow... I didnt even realise that... How long has THAT been there?...

Maybe I didnt notice, becuase I've been using Hullcam & RPM together for so long... :D That might also be why I thought the KURS-style Docking Cam mod may work with the RPM MFDs... It was probably just the native RPM module I was seeing, when I had KURS installed, and NOT Hullcam...

Edited by Stone Blue

I made a animated prop with unity and get this error on pod destruction or when attempting revert:

Game freezes on this empty window, only way to quit then is alt+f4

Otherwise the prop works perfectly fine.

prop.cfg:

Spoiler

PROP
{
  name = MProp_Hud_2_Pitch_3

MODULE
        {
            name = JSIVariableAnimator
            refreshRate = 2
        VARIABLESET
            {
            scale = -179,179
            controlledTransform = RollTransform
            variableName = ROLL
            localRotationStart = 0,0,179
            localRotationEnd = 0,0,-179
            longPath = yes
            }
            VARIABLESET
            {
                scale = -80,80
                variableName = PITCH  
                animationName = HUD_Pitch_3

}
        }
}

Output_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbpb83bd13j4adl/AABXizDjythtNcmoxpRfYwNra?dl=0

Also, is it necessary to have the animation file in the prop folder or does the .mu contain it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Mallikas

11 hours ago, Mallikas said:

I made a animated prop with unity and get this error on pod destruction or when attempting revert:

Game freezes on this empty window, only way to quit then is alt+f4

Otherwise the prop works perfectly fine.

Output_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbpb83bd13j4adl/AABXizDjythtNcmoxpRfYwNra?dl=0

Also, is it necessary to have the animation file in the prop folder or does the .mu contain it?

Any help would be appreciated.

There are a lot of null reference exceptions.  None of them involve RasterPropMonitor.  Most of the exceptions are where the PauseMenu is trying to draw revert options; there is also an NRE in Kerbal Konstructs.  I don't see how RPM would be involved in either of those categories of exceptions.

Try testing the prop in a KSP installation that has only RasterPropMonitor installed.  Try commenting out or removing one of the VARIABLESET sections, and then try with the other one removed instead, and then try with both removed (or even remove the JSIVariableAnimator MODULE entirely).  If there's something related to the prop and its interactions with RPM, that might show something.  If the problems go away in the clean KSP installation, it's likely mods interfering with one another.

As far as the animation file - I'm not a model / prop maker, but my understanding is that the animation is part of the .mu file.

On 21.3.2016 at 4:45 AM, MOARdV said:

There are a lot of null reference exceptions.  None of them involve RasterPropMonitor.  Most of the exceptions are where the PauseMenu is trying to draw revert options; there is also an NRE in Kerbal Konstructs.  I don't see how RPM would be involved in either of those categories of exceptions.

Try testing the prop in a KSP installation that has only RasterPropMonitor installed.  Try commenting out or removing one of the VARIABLESET sections, and then try with the other one removed instead, and then try with both removed (or even remove the JSIVariableAnimator MODULE entirely).  If there's something related to the prop and its interactions with RPM, that might show something.  If the problems go away in the clean KSP installation, it's likely mods interfering with one another.

As far as the animation file - I'm not a model / prop maker, but my understanding is that the animation is part of the .mu file.

Cleaning the gamedata folder fixed it, thanks.

Hopefully the last guestion: How can i get the JSIVariableLabel to display the actual variables, instead of what's typed in cfg? Currently

labelText = [#00FF00]SURFSPEED

just shows the SURFSPEED in-game.

Nevermind, i figured it out.

Edited by Mallikas

49 minutes ago, Mallikas said:

Cleaning the gamedata folder fixed it, thanks.

Hopefully the last guestion: How can i get the JSIVariableLabel to display the actual variables, instead of what's typed in cfg? Currently

labelText = [#00FF00]SURFSPEED

just shows the SURFSPEED in-game.

it's set to the labelText parameter, which is working as intended. 

Do read through Mihara's Documentation on Github... it's really worth the time, unlike most other documentations. It's well organized and has code samples.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but is there a way to change the default JSI cameras FOV? The camera view is zoomed in way too much and doesn't see what the FOV helper in the VAB/SPH indicates its supposed to see. I am familiar with modding myself but I can't seem to find the config that deals with the cameras FOV in order to change it myself. If there is no practical solution to this, will hullcam VDS be a good substitute or will I have the same FOV issue?

1 hour ago, Savage117 said:

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but is there a way to change the default JSI cameras FOV? The camera view is zoomed in way too much and doesn't see what the FOV helper in the VAB/SPH indicates its supposed to see. I am familiar with modding myself but I can't seem to find the config that deals with the cameras FOV in order to change it myself. If there is no practical solution to this, will hullcam VDS be a good substitute or will I have the same FOV issue?

The FOV helper only shows the direction of the field of view of a camera.  It isn't a representation of what the camera does see.

FOV is controlled by the MFD's config file.  For the default MFDs in the RPM install, the config file lives in GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg.  Search for 'Page 07' to get the external camera page, and you'll see 'fovLimits' a few lines below that.  That shows the max/min field of view in degrees (it looks like 20 and 5 are the defaults).

11 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

The FOV helper only shows the direction of the field of view of a camera.  It isn't a representation of what the camera does see.

FOV is controlled by the MFD's config file.  For the default MFDs in the RPM install, the config file lives in GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg.  Search for 'Page 07' to get the external camera page, and you'll see 'fovLimits' a few lines below that.  That shows the max/min field of view in degrees (it looks like 20 and 5 are the defaults).

Cool, thanks man, that's exactly what I was looking for. 

Will it be possible to integrate this mod with BDarmory? Things like camera displays or weapons control using monitors. I love this mod and i love building fighter jets, bombers etc, but i really want to be able to control my BDarmory things (missiles, guns, radars) from inside the cockpit using RPM.

:confused:

2 hours ago, RussianJeb said:

Will it be possible to integrate this mod with BDarmory? Things like camera displays or weapons control using monitors. I love this mod and i love building fighter jets, bombers etc, but i really want to be able to control my BDarmory things (missiles, guns, radars) from inside the cockpit using RPM.

:confused:

As I've stated previously, I have no intent of incorporating BDarmory.  I don't use the mod, and I don't have the time to update RPM when there are changes in that one.  It would be far better for BDarmory to provide an optional plugin for RPM.  That's how RPM originally was intended to integrate with other mods, and that is how SCANsat and VesselView integrate with RPM.

1.1 is in Pre-Release guys... give MOARdV a break.
Besides, it will probably take a lot of work to get this going in 1.1.
Be patient, and remember, 1.1 is not in release yet. The whole idea of pre-release was to give mod authors a chance to work on all the changes.

Edited by JPLRepo

@JPLRepo - Thanks.  You phrased it more gently than I was about to do.

For an official statement: "KSP 1.1 has not released.  When it releases, I will work on updating RPM (and DoE).  I can not provide an estimate on how long it will take, because I don't know what it will take for me to update the mods, and I have been very busy with work this spring.  But I can guarantee that the more posts there asking me when it will be ready, the longer it will take me to finish it. :cool:"

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

@JPLRepo - Thanks.  You phrased it more gently than I was about to do.

For an official statement: "KSP 1.1 has not released.  When it releases, I will work on updating RPM (and DoE).  I can not provide an estimate on how long it will take, because I don't know what it will take for me to update the mods, and I have been very busy with work this spring.  But I can guarantee that the more posts there asking me when it will be ready, the longer it will take me to finish it. :cool:"

Sorry to sound a little "rude" I guess. Wasn't meant that way but the thing is that alot of modders haven't been online for month so I rather ask than checking the thread every day. Thanks for reporting in though.

There is now a test version of RasterPropMonitor v0.25.0 available on DropBox.  This is not an official release, but I want to make it available so there are additional eyes on it.  There are some known issues (specifically, JSITransparentPod behavior is ... interesting), and there are probably plenty of unknown issues, since my testing consisted of launching a stock AeroEquus into orbit, stabilizing the orbit, and returning to Kerbin.

And, before anyone asks: No, I have not created new IVAs.  I may eventually get to it, but the first priority is to ensure that existing RPM functionality is working.

One other note - the JSITransparentPod functionality will be split off into its own DLL.  It's never fully fit in with the core RPM functionality, and it'd make more sense for it to be its own entity.  @JPLRepo will be taking over that code (in reality, all of the work on that code for the last many months has been his, not mine).  Expect more news on that front once the KSP 1.1 dust settles, if not sooner.

9 minutes ago, MOARdV said:
9 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

There is now a test version of RasterPropMonitor v0.25.0 available on DropBox.  This is not an official release, but I want to make it available so there are additional eyes on it.  There are some known issues (specifically, JSITransparentPod behavior is ... interesting), and there are probably plenty of unknown issues, since my testing consisted of launching a stock AeroEquus into orbit, stabilizing the orbit, and returning to Kerbin.

And, before anyone asks: No, I have not created new IVAs.  I may eventually get to it, but the first priority is to ensure that existing RPM functionality is working.

One other note - the JSITransparentPod functionality will be split off into its own DLL.  It's never fully fit in with the core RPM functionality, and it'd make more sense for it to be its own entity.  @JPLRepo will be taking over that code (in reality, all of the work on that code for the last many months has been his, not mine).  Expect more news on that front once the KSP 1.1 dust settles, if not sooner.

Thank you for the update, I'll let you know when I notice a "Kraken"(aren't we all a bit Kraken xD) in RasterPropMonitor.

13 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Thank you for the update, I'll let you know when I notice a "Kraken"(aren't we all a bit Kraken xD) in RasterPropMonitor.

OMG sorry for that Firefox is doing wired stuff the last two days.