[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

anybody else notice that the background for the attitude page on the mfd's seems to be like you are looking from the back of the page. all the "actual values" seem to display correctly but the background boxes , labels, ladder, navball are backwards. dont remember them being like that before. 

7 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

anybody else notice that the background for the attitude page on the mfd's seems to be like you are looking from the back of the page. all the "actual values" seem to display correctly but the background boxes , labels, ladder, navball are backwards. dont remember them being like that before. 

Yes, I am seeing the exact same issue.

7 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Okay, that's a fun new feature with the Unity update.  I'll go take a look at those textures and figure out why they're so special.

It looks like it's an issue with DX9 (the Windows default mode).  If I force OpenGL, the textures are oriented correctly.  It appears, for whatever reason, that Unity isn't handling the y-inversion for DX9 mode for this situation.  It might take me a while to sort this out, since it seems isolated to DX9 and RPM (I haven't seen the same problem in MAS), and I'm going to be limited in spare time over the next week.

14 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@MOARdV, the Target menu that comes with RPM doesn't let me target planes. They don't show up on the list of targetable craft, and there is no filter option to make them targetable.

Yeah, I know.  Airplane vessel types were recent enough that they didn't get added to the targeting menu in RPM before I stopped adding features.

9 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

so if I change my holomfd to use your new mas instead of rpm everything should show up right? 

There may be a few steps to get it converted to MAS, but if it works in RPM, I don't know of a reason why it would not work in MAS.  I've seen alexustas doing amazing things with MAS, so it's fairly full-featured now (definitely a lot more capable than RPM in a few categories).

2 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

k using that yarbough command pod as kind of a test bed to get the hang of how everything works. but even that is still using the old RPM mfd's and not the new ones. you wouldnt happen to know of an IVA that use the new MAS MFD's . 

The version of the Yarbrough IVA in the MAS mod uses MAS MFDs.  Ditto with the MRK IVA included in the MAS mod.

27 minutes ago, SufficientAnonymity said:

Yes - I'm pretty sure that F1 in IVA gives a set of every RPM screen present in that internal view.

By default, yes.  The RasterPropMonitor module in the MFD's prop config file defaults to taking screenshots of every MFD when you press F1.

You can turn it off with a MM config something like

@PROP[*]:HAS[@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]]
{
  @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
  {
    %doScreenshots=false
  }
}

(untested)

On 3/16/2018 at 4:13 PM, MOARdV said:

It looks like it's an issue with DX9 (the Windows default mode).  If I force OpenGL, the textures are oriented correctly.  It appears, for whatever reason, that Unity isn't handling the y-inversion for DX9 mode for this situation.  It might take me a while to sort this out, since it seems isolated to DX9 and RPM (I haven't seen the same problem in MAS), and I'm going to be limited in spare time over the next week.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:34 AM, WhitestWizard said:

screenshot5.png

Vanilla install through github / CKAN shows this in MK1 Pod. 
upload photo link

On 3/16/2018 at 12:38 AM, Zorkinian said:

Image to explain: RXjqAPu.png

Yeah I can confirm I'm having the same issue with anything that uses a image is inverted.