No more SSTO's

Roflcopterkklol

I want things to stabilize too, after SQUAD squashes the last bug and found the best balance they can come up with. Before that, I'd rather it didn't stabilize. Anyway, there is no way I can have my 0.90 SSTO design working here but I really don't mind. It was a small SSTO that could bring a <1t satelite into LKO using absurdly little fuel. The fuel costs for sending up a 800kg satelite would be something like what, 200 credits if even that much. It was completely ridiculous. Fun, cheap but ridiculous. Even in career mode, if I can't afford something slightly more "real" than a SSTO-for-spare-change then I'm doing something wrong elsewhere in the game.

One thing that I think should accompany every release is a working set of stock crafts. I don't doubt that the QA and independent testers have tried both massive aircrafts and SSTO. But with every major overhaul of basic physics, the paradigm of ship building changes. Online material from youtube/images become obsolete and even misleading. To have these differences visibly expressed in the catalog of stock crafts would keep everybody on the same page. Since we're now out early access and going mainstream then the stock crafts are even more important.

I find the title of this thread strange considering I just threw together a simple SSTO plane in about twenty minutes. And I'm awful at spaceplanes.

I assumed people would realize completely new aerodynamics would change spaceplane design a little.

[...] the laws of goddamn physics keeps changing every week and I can't play my damn game. :mad:

Last change in physics before 1.0? A long long time ago...

1.0? April 27th

1.0.1? May 1st, four days after 1.0

1.0.2? May 1st, just a few hours later, so I even missed that there was a 1.0.1

So where exactly is the physics changing every week?!? There was a big patch with a new aero model and a fix for some stuff half a week later. Sure, it would have been great if there were no need for a fix. But your statement is just plain ridiculous... :huh:

Edited by Chruschtschow