Mixing fuels?

jyoumon

Ok, recently ive added a whole SLEW of mod packs to my KSP and they all seem to be working nicely together, no issues so far at least.

but ive run into a slight...problem.

recently i Downloaded and installed a Kosmos pack and found that while it has TONS of great fuel tanks and parts....that..NONE of them are cross compatible with normal liquid fuel engines or tanks :\'(

This has led to trying to make...rather ridiculous designs with a single type of engine that is NOT that strong and requires several dozen to lift even the lightest of my loads >_< :o

So yeah..i wanna ask around and see if anyone in the mod community has any ideas on IF its at all possible to make them cross-compatible or something like that.

That\'s not a bug, they have been modified to only work with the engines they could power in reality. I didn\'t use Kosmos for a long time (15 minutes, game crashed yesterday ;P) but I think some of the engines also run on RCS. And they are for space stations, not lift off. If you want Kosmos-style launch vehicles, try their Angara parts.

heh, i know its not a bug ^__^, im trying to circumvent the and modify, its what mods are for right?

eitherway, i know they were 'built' for Spacestations, but they have GREAT application ability in other places, but i want to know...if its possible from a modding point of view to make them compatible with other engines and stuff.

Even if it means tweaking a few parts.cfg files *grins*

Of course, but aren\'t there enough different engines in Down Under and Nova(Slug)Punch?

I really think about writing a program that compares all the engines and prints that to a text file...

However it could be difficult if the program searches for .5m engines and the part description says 'BETTER THAN ALL .5m ENGINES HAHA PWN' ???

Hmmm i think i may have solved at least one piece of my puzzle.

Going through parts .CFG\'s i found that the Kosmos fuel tanks only have one additional line added 'Type: Pure LH2'

Im thinking if i delete this line..it will work with normal fuel tanks and engines too!

though if not..ill find out soon

No ti won\'t work. You also have to change MuMechVariableTank to the default FuelTank type. ANd you have to change fuelType for the engines to 'liquid' to make them drain normal fuel. Or to 'rcs'. Or 'apple juice', but then you whould have to change the tanks too ;P (this only works with engines, not tanks).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.