P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

I am having an odd issue with my weapons; many of them aren't working properly after I got your new update along with the newest version of BD. Most of my missiles are exploding after they get 6 to 7 km away from the aircraft, and NONE of the cruise missiles are working (the BD missiles input too much pitch and just slide into the ground, and P.E.W missiles are controlling COMPLETELY erratically.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be wonderful, and I can give more details upon request.

I found an issue with the Kh-39, as in it's not a missile at all. The second it's engine ignites, the missiles ZOOMS backwards and slams into the ground at this vertical angle.

Only problem I've found so far, other than symmetry flips the missiles around.

i have not noticed this behavior in my testing what version of PEW are you using and what version of BDArmory

- - - Updated - - -

I am having an odd issue with my weapons; many of them aren't working properly after I got your new update along with the newest version of BD. Most of my missiles are exploding after they get 6 to 7 km away from the aircraft, and NONE of the cruise missiles are working (the BD missiles input too much pitch and just slide into the ground, and P.E.W missiles are controlling COMPLETELY erratically.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be wonderful, and I can give more details upon request.

the missiles will automatically detonate after a set distance without acquiring their target with the exception of cruise missiles. the aero needs tweaking i am aware however in my experience it works for the moment. are you using FAR or NEAR?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tested to see if it's PEW or just the multiple mods I have making problems, but the R-37's attach node seems to be 45 degrees off from vertical, making for some odd attachments, namely floaty missiles.

I have noticed that as well but the unity and ksp setups are lined up correctly. thus i have no idea why this happens and would recommend rotating them slightly so they are aligned properly

Some more instructions in the part description would be nice since there are all the targeting systhems...

Update: Thx for doing that =)

i didn't actually change anything it was already there.

- - - Updated - - -

Targeting ships is tricky... guess laser guidance will be a stop over for a few weapons. Also be ready for ALOT of air defenses. This list is nice to have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Navy_weapons

- - - Updated - - -

P.S anyone like the new Header?

i didn't actually change anything it was already there.

- - - Updated - - -

Targeting ships is tricky... guess laser guidance will be a stop over for a few weapons. Also be ready for ALOT of air defenses. This list is nice to have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Navy_weapons

- - - Updated - - -

P.S anyone like the new Header?

Very excited as always

Aim-54 phonix appears to have incorrect scaling, I was under the impression that it should be the same size as the maverick it is currently larger

AGM-65 Maverick

Weight 210–304 kg (462–670 lb)[2]

Length 249 cm (8 ft 2 in)[2]

Diameter 30 cm (12 in)[2]

AIM-54 Phoenix

Weight 1,000–1,040 lb (450–470 kg)

Length 13 ft (4.0 m)

Diameter 15 in (380 mm)

thank you wikipedia

I have the single biggest headache of a part issue right now. *sigh* thats what i get for having 7 animated pieces and a booster on one part

Is this a "guess what has 7 animated pieces and a booster" game? Because I'm gonna go with VLS packed Tomahawk if that's the case

Is this a "guess what has 7 animated pieces and a booster" game? Because I'm gonna go with VLS packed Tomahawk if that's the case

I hate how smart you are sometimes. I cant keep any secrets with you!

*Sigh*

yes i am working on a V launched BGM-109D Tomahawk cruise missile. however the animation is proving hard as i am having issues getting the rotationTransform oriented Z forward. sounds easy but it somehow isnt

UPDATE:

IT LIVES!

UPDATE2: so with that done R-10 is well and truly on its way i wont give a release date but within a week or so is likely

Edited by LORDPrometheus

I hate how smart you are sometimes. I cant keep any secrets with you!

*Sigh*

yes i am working on a V launched BGM-109D Tomahawk cruise missile. however the animation is proving hard as i am having issues getting the rotationTransform oriented Z forward. sounds easy but it somehow isnt

UPDATE:

IT LIVES!

First off: Awesome!

Second, thanks.

Today I am recording a start to finish video of me making an RGM-84 harpoon complete with full modeling texturing animating and unity rigging as well as cfg edits to assist everyone in making their own BDarmory addons. All I ask is that no one copy's or steals my own weapons

could you have a go at making some weapons like the ones off the MiG-21bis...i have had a go at making one and the only thing that is missing is the nuke..gun pod....and the missiles. i messages harpwner about it and he said he would try the nuke and gun pod. would you be willing to make a couple of missiles :)

could you have a go at making some weapons like the ones off the MiG-21bis...i have had a go at making one and the only thing that is missing is the nuke..gun pod....and the missiles. i messages harpwner about it and he said he would try the nuke and gun pod. would you be willing to make a couple of missiles :)

all the missiles every carried by the mig21 are already in this mod

They work just fine on my MiG-21.......

jbRWp08.png

as for the gunpod just use 2 .50cals right beside each other...

d6NthCe.png

This is just an idea but do you think you could make a TOW missile with a sort of launcher pod similar to the BD missile rail?

Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/QFYoTm5.png

I'd make it myself buuuuuuuutt.......I don't even know where to start and you seem like the guy to ask.

there has been much discussion as of late about a TOW however it is not viable at this time as BahamutoD has yet to add TV guidance and when he does he has already expressed interest in making a TOW himself

Update: there is no parts update yet. I will be putting out part 3 and possibly 4 of the video series today and will pull myself away from an epic weapon for BDAFPS (I'm so happy with it!). And finally do the last missile for R-10 and finish the unity stuff.

R-10 will be a missile update but also add one new utility part. I am becoming more and more confident in my 3D modeling skills and intend to move into turrets and vehicle weapons in R-11 if I get into plugin making I intend to try some functional Explosive reactive armor. As for what kind of turrets I will making I am thinking something like the turret for a Russian T-90 and some lighter guns such as the turret of an M-2 Bradley or Russian BMP. I also want to make some aircraft cannons such as a Gsh-30. Perhaps some heavy artillery? R-11 however will be released only after a good break since I am currently involved heavily in BDAFPS as the primary modeler and texturer for them.

Edited by LORDPrometheus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.