P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

9 hours ago, Esquire42 said:

I'd suggest you stop uploading other users' mods to SpaceDock under your name especially without getting permission, regardless of whether or not the license permits it.
EDIT: Also CC-BY-SA requires you attribute the author of the work, including their name. The forum post doesn't count. So technically you're not following the permissions of the license.

done.

Hi Prometheus, thanks for making this mod, I really appreciate the variety it adds on top of BD armoury and enjoy being able to flavour my craft using either NATO or Soviet missiles and weapons. I have one request though, is it possible for the next release to fix all of the new parts show up in a separate category, so as not to show up mixed in with all of the Utilities parts?

They already appear in the BD armoury category, which is good, so it seems like an error that they appear again in Utilities.

One more thing, the R-73 looks oddly thick compared to missiles of similar mass, is that just how it is IRL?

Edited by dholedays

just got it posted to Space dock. link is on the main page don't worry that it says Version 10.3 i forgot what number i was on and guessed

All my weapons are built to real world dimensions +/- 5% ish... I'm Human. But that is how it looks and i have no idea how to make a new category

i am a full time student and just one man with WAYYYY too much ambition so updates are not given release dates but rest assured they do come

Edited by LORDPrometheus

I found a little bug or diffrence with the Arty GPS rockets

The M-31 can fly 93.3 km and than explode in mid air before hitting the target. The 9M55K5 can only fly 21.6 km.

Please adjust those value for better usage. probably the lifetime too, so I can hit my targets up to 100km. :)

Edited by LTRyan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I really appreciate the time and effort LordP has taken to make this mod. Thank you!

I...er...do have a small issue, however...

The explosion effects do not appear to be working for any of the PEW weapons aside from the standard "pop" of when a object destroys itself on contact with another object at high velocity.

I tested out the JDAM to make sure it was not a KSP-wide issue, and it seems to be blowing up just fine. I'd be more than happy to submit my log if needed, just wondering if there is a simple solution to this problem. (Yes, I already deleted PEW and reinstalled it :P)

Thanks ahead of time!

i have a few suggestions to add to the pack.

P-270 Moskit Long range anti ship missile

P-700 Granit (SS-N-19 shipwreck)

S-400 (40N6) extreme range surface to air missile

KAB-1500L laser guided bomb

KAB-500L laser guided bomb

KH-55 subsonic air launched cruise missile

R-40RD long range air to air missile (uses semi active radar TD variant is IR seeking) whichever is easier to implement

thats all i can think of for the russians for the time being.

On 22.02.2016 at 0:17 AM, LORDPrometheus said:

ll my weapons are built to real world dimensions +/- 5% ish... I'm Human. But that is how it looks and i have no idea how to make a new category

Stock BDA weapons don't have any cathegory assigned - and BDA plugin takes care of that by checking their part modules.
On a side note - will you update missiles to use new Baha's particle FX presets? They look really good - and you'll also save some RAM that way.

I'm sorry i haven't been active as of late. I'm currently finishing up my semester and really have to devote my time to schoolwork. At the end of April i go back home and wont start my job again for a week or two. I will be working at an IT firm as an intern (thankfully paid) so ill be working 8 hour days however i ought to still have enough time in the evenings for modding. until then consider P.E.W on hold. I'm sorry guys but modding while fun does not pay the bills or help my studies any. I hope you understand.

2 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

I'm sorry i haven't been active as of late. I'm currently finishing up my semester and really have to devote my time to schoolwork. At the end of April i go back home and wont start my job again for a week or two. I will be working at an IT firm as an intern (thankfully paid) so ill be working 8 hour days however i ought to still have enough time in the evenings for modding. until then consider P.E.W on hold. I'm sorry guys but modding while fun does not pay the bills or help my studies any. I hope you understand.

Good job on getting an internship. Trust me, I know the difficulty (though my degree field is a tad more specific)

2 hours ago, Frost253 said:

I"m having the issue of no 40MM or 25MM ammo.  Though it might be an interaction between another BD add on ill have to test it with a fresh install later.

Use C.A.L++ via the link my signature

LP
your version of the tomahawk works well with malfunction ware's VLS parts. However because your version of the tomahawk isn't the most accurate would you consider making a nuke version? I tested it by changing the code a bit to match up with North Kerbin's 160kt nuke and it works perfectly. However in some situations like RP games or such it would be cheating as it is a modified cfg file.  So I'm hoping for an official nuke version 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.