P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

Just now, Jackeled said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Thanks for maintaining PEW. Its a really great addon for BDA and my crafts feel a bit lost without the missiles though the size of the missiles are much larger than i wished it was...

Hi thanks for the thanks :)  The missile sizes i know are an issue with some players, there may some avenues to explore, that don't necessarily need any changes to the parts.   As chief necromodder i thought I'd catch this one before it breathed it's last.  Some thanks are definitely due to be pointed toward @LORDPrometheus  without his cooperation and blessing none of this would be possible

Really great to see that this is being maintained again. All the best wishes for you prometheus, and hope you can return soon. And it's great to see you stepping up spannermonkey, i'm really enjoying the addons that you've revived so far and your support of PEW is nothing but more good news for the community :)

16 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

So I'm not 100% up to speed on any issues you're all having

I got a few I can send your way, I use all PEW weapons on my Russian Aircraft

You want me to PM?

16 minutes ago, gomker said:

I got a few I can send your way, I use all PEW weapons on my Russian Aircraft

You want me to PM?

Yup that'd be great, I need at least one person to give me some feedback/erreps  and it looks like you're IT again :)

(got to have a huge sort out before i start, all my installs are getting messy and a lot larger than intended (130 mods/modlets in one of them) )

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen i present for you consideration only the second working combination of missile turret and anti aircraft guns.

For a very long time this was dreamed of but never could be made a reality, this upgrade to the existing PEW 2K22 Tunguska AA Turret CIWS, the missile pods are now fully functional , due to size constraints a new missile the 57E6E has been developed to fit and operate in the missile turret launchers (note to self, find some way a disabling destruction effects on missile launchers) Special thanks go to @harpwner for unlocking the secret.

bY7aHBb.png

APHW07U.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

@Thatdude253

Github releases for BD armory continued, that being the current maintained version since Baha  has had to take a break to go and be awesome elsewhere   are  here

As for reloading missiles from a magazine for installations like the MK 13, I know the code quite well now and sadly it's not possible at present. There are a couple of problems to overcome in order for it to become a thing.  A way is needed to spawn and attach a missile to a deactivated node, which is all that's left once a missile is fired, not easy.  Then a way is needed to actually feed the magazine fed missiles. There are likely ways to fake a lot of whats going on with code, I'll have a chat with the BDAc coding guys and see if they think there's even a remote possibility of this function becoming a thing.

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

As for reloading missiles from a magazine for installations like the MK 13, I know the code quite well now and sadly it's not possible at present. There are a couple of problems to overcome in order for it to become a thing.  A way is needed to spawn and attach a missile to a deactivated node, which is all that's left once a missile is fired, not easy.  Then a way is needed to actually feed the magazine fed missiles. There are likely ways to fake a lot of whats going on with code, I'll have a chat with the BDAc coding guys and see if they think there's even a remote possibility of this function becoming a thing.

I unfortunately figured as much. I know next to nothing about coding, but I've been mucking around the back end of KSP for like four years now and realized the node to node movement would be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant seem to find the tomahawk missile in-game or in the mod files, did it get removed or did you just forget to put it in the mod files or what?(im not complaining im just wondering)i also couldn't find anything in the change-log that said it had been removed. i still love this mod and the tunguska turret is my favourite! 

Edited by acerarity

7 hours ago, acerarity said:

i cant seem to find the tomahawk missile in-game or in the mod files, did it get removed or did you just forget to put it in the mod files or what?(im not complaining im just wondering)i also couldn't find anything in the change-log that said it had been removed. i still love this mod and the tunguska turret is my favourite! 

Hi, the tomahawk is still in the mod and should appear toward the top of the BDAc category if displaying by name, if it's definitely not there, and you install is correct and all the other parts are present,  send me a copy of you r log so i can see if it's loading correctly, i see no reason why it shouldn't as it appears for the testers and i my games.  Update due soon with new working Tunguska and perhaps the brad's tow launcher and turret will be functional too.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, the tomahawk is still in the mod and should appear toward the top of the BDAc category if displaying by name, if it's definitely not there, and you install is correct and all the other parts are present,  send me a copy of you r log so i can see if it's loading correctly, i see no reason why it shouldn't as it appears for the testers and i my games.  Update due soon with new working Tunguska and perhaps the brad's tow launcher and turret will be functional too.

what would it be called i the game log?

58 minutes ago, acerarity said:

what would it be called i the game log?

i will look in-game again but im not able to find it in the mod files

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, the part name is PEWBG109 and the display name in the editor would be BGM-109D Tomahawk Cruise Missile

Ok, thank you. ill be sure to look for those names

58 minutes ago, acerarity said:

Ok, thank you. ill be sure to look for those names

i found it in the game files, now all i have to do is find it in-game

Hi, the part name is PEWBG109 and the display name in the editor would be BGM-109D Tomahawk Cruise Missile

ok, now i found it in-game, i was just looking for the wrong thing. lol (thanks for the help)

Edited by acerarity

4 hours ago, acerarity said:

ok, now i found it in-game, i was just looking for the wrong thing. lol (thanks for the help)

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

you did a really good job on the tomahawk, most of the tomahawks i see in mods are the air launched version's

Just now, acerarity said:

you did a really good job on the tomahawk, most of the tomahawks i see in mods are the air launched version's

Hi I'm sure @LORDPrometheus would be pleased to hear that as the original creator and maker of everything, ( apart from the new stuff that will be added now I've taken over the maintenance and care while LP is dealing with an excess of reality)  I do really like ground launched missiles, great for arming ships,  and i can vouch for LP's comments that if done properly with detachable boosters etc they are really awkward to get right and working , but it's great when you do.  I will be adding a couple more GL missiles now that things like the tunguska are a working reality

On 9/1/2016 at 4:20 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi I'm sure @LORDPrometheus would be pleased to hear that as the original creator and maker of everything, ( apart from the new stuff that will be added now I've taken over the maintenance and care while LP is dealing with an excess of reality)  I do really like ground launched missiles, great for arming ships,  and i can vouch for LP's comments that if done properly with detachable boosters etc they are really awkward to get right and working , but it's great when you do.  I will be adding a couple more GL missiles now that things like the tunguska are a working reality

I cannot wait for the fully working Tunguska! and im very glad to hear that this mod was not just abandoned! this mod and North kerbin Weaponry are my must have's in my mod list(and of course bdarmory), im just hoping that someone picks up adjustable landing gear, that way i can make my fully working f-14(and by fully working i mean moving wings) and an f-16. i don't have enough time or knowledge about modding to make a similar mod

Edited by acerarity

1 minute ago, acerarity said:

im just hoping that someone picks up adjustable landing gear,

Thats due to happen by the same team the are looking after BDA, we are just waiting for 1.2 to drop before doing it as there are big changes coming, and I don't want to have to rebuild the gear (which is what needs doing, no easy fix for this one) twice . So yeah coming soon

Thats due to happen by the same team the are looking after BDA, we are just waiting for 1.2 to drop before doing it as there are big changes coming, and I don't want to have to rebuild the gear (which is what needs doing, no easy fix for this one) twice . So yeah coming soon

i am very very happy to hear, when i updated from 1.0.5 to 1.1.3 i was a little sad that i couldn't use that mod, it made my b-2, f-14, f-15 and f-16 look complete

Edited by acerarity

1 hour ago, acerarity said:

i am very very happy to hear, when i updated from 1.0.5 to 1.1.3 i was a little sad that i couldn't use that mod, it made my b-2, f-14, f-15 and f-16 look complete

(i am going to try to make a video on them but i can't post it right now because my internet is really bad where i am right now)(i will be posting it within this month, if i can)

On 09/09/2016 at 6:09 PM, Combatsmithen said:

Hey spanner can you make an Aim-7? With semi-active guidance and all?

yes.

AND

QVDMjgZ.png

Under the care of SM Solutions proudly presents

The

Get it in quick before 1.2 arrives update R12

So you may ask whats taken so long, simple really , there were a thousand tiny issues, most have been sorted now, some even tinier ones have not been nailed down precisely, but on the whole I think it's an improvement.

This update also features, well FEATURES the new fully working Tunguska, the original remains so as to preserve compatability. This new and improved Tunguska has the same guns as before, but now the Missile launchers are not ornamental.  They now fire actual real live PEW missiles. To make this happen I have created one new missile the 57E6 short range radar guided anti aircraft missile and have modified slightly the ATAKA anti tank missile in order for it to also be fired. The missile launchers consist of 8 tubes in 2 banks of for, and in both function guns Or Missiles the turret is fully functional in both pitch and yaw. Apologies to those expecting the fully active  Bradley , it's simply not yet reliable enough to include, but it should be soon

Other points of interest, the above Logo is part of the new Agency, and you can now select PEW parts by manufacturer, rather than scrabbling through the 200 parts in the BDAc category

bY7aHBb.png

There may be bugs , there may be un found problems, we gave it a good shot at catching them all, but we can't think of every single eventuality especially after weeks and weeks of part and cfg bashing, it all gets a bit fuzzy.

So be nice, if there's a problem that's easily fixed I'll try to get it sorted ASAP, but as is the fashion these days and something I support, if you don't make a sensible bug or error report, I'll ignore it, so things like " X dont do Y fix it" will not get you anywhere,  Likewise failure to supply a log and if possible steps to reproduce your problem, will also result in no acknowledgement of your issue

Another link to the download just in case you missed the first

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.