[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

• 2 weeks later...

The Procedural Parts patch doesn't work without Modular Fuel Tanks installed due to this:

@PART[procedural*Liquid]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[CryoTanks]

Fix:

@PART[procedural*Liquid]:NEEDS[ProceduralParts&!RealFuels]:FOR[CryoTanks]

53 minutes ago, Putnam said:

The Procedural Parts patch doesn't work without Modular Fuel Tanks installed due to this:

@PART[procedural*Liquid]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[CryoTanks]

Fix:

@PART[procedural*Liquid]:NEEDS[ProceduralParts&!RealFuels]:FOR[CryoTanks]

I don't think this would work.  Procedural Parts uses a completely different mechanism for switching fuels when MFT isn't present (additionally, you would break the patch for people who have MFT but not PP).

No, procedural parts seems to use TankContentSwitcher in its own content files exactly the same way the CryoTanks patch patches it... unless I'm misunderstanding something real subtle.

EDIT: Just tested, the fix I posted above seems to work. If it does break compatibility with those who have MFT but not PP... I don't see how, since it only seems to patch PP parts, unless MFT uses parts with the same name.

Edited by Putnam
tested

1 hour ago, Putnam said:

No, procedural parts seems to use TankContentSwitcher in its own content files exactly the same way the CryoTanks patch patches it... unless I'm misunderstanding something real subtle.

EDIT: Just tested, the fix I posted above seems to work. If it does break compatibility with those who have MFT but not PP... I don't see how, since it only seems to patch PP parts, unless MFT uses parts with the same name.

Oh, you're right.  I thought that was a patch for the MFT tanks, but it's not.  Context might have helped.

Not sure if its a bug, but the Volcano does not have a description for me other than "Plume configured by RealPlume." All of the rest of the cryo/NFT engines have descriptions. Some with the real plume comment, some without. Could be other mods I have, but the only part that I have found that is affected is the Volcano.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2qtjmch8erlevd/20160827211132_1.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Stratickus

On 8/27/2016 at 7:16 PM, Stratickus said:

Not sure if its a bug, but the Volcano does not have a description for me other than "Plume configured by RealPlume." All of the rest of the cryo/NFT engines have descriptions. Some with the real plume comment, some without. Could be other mods I have, but the only part that I have found that is affected is the Volcano.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2qtjmch8erlevd/20160827211132_1.jpg?dl=0

Bug in RealPlume, evidently. Someone probably put @description = blabla instead of @description += blabla

Thaks for the update.

Do you think you could give the unmounted vesrsion of the engines a more fitting collider? The invisible but still physically existant support ring causes all sorts of issues, like getting stuck in Procedural Fairings when separating stages or generating extra drag in FAR when it extends from the fuselage.

15 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

Thaks for the update.

Do you think you could give the unmounted vesrsion of the engines a more fitting collider? The invisible but still physically existant support ring causes all sorts of issues, like getting stuck in Procedural Fairings when separating stages or generating extra drag in FAR when it extends from the fuselage.

Yes that's something I've been meaning to do for a while, ever since I switch to a part switch module that allowed that without causing some problems. 

1.2?

EDIT: in all seriousness, @Nertea, there is an issue with this in 1.2 (I know it is unsupported, but I still play) where there is no resources in the tanks, only a module for hydrogen boil off. I am pretty sure this is probably a problem with the fuel switcher and out of your power, but if it is in your power, please try to get it resolved someday.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 7:29 AM, Rory Yammomoto said:

1.2?

EDIT: in all seriousness, @Nertea, there is an issue with this in 1.2 (I know it is unsupported, but I still play) where there is no resources in the tanks, only a module for hydrogen boil off. I am pretty sure this is probably a problem with the fuel switcher and out of your power, but if it is in your power, please try to get it resolved someday.

In all seriousness, using anything of mine that is marked for an earlier version of KSP in a later version of KSP is super unsupported, and any complaining about this, particularly in the prerelease time (which is specifically designed to find bugs with the stock game, not play around with mods), will be summarily ignored. Being passive aggressive in other threads is not helpful either. 

On 9/15/2016 at 7:29 AM, Rory Yammomoto said:

As the author of B9PartSwitch, you can blame me for this, and you can continue to blame me until 1.2 official is out as I have no intention of releasing anything while the KSP API is unstable (even though I've fixed all the current issues).

Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

In all seriousness, using anything of mine that is marked for an earlier version of KSP in a later version of KSP is super unsupported, and any complaining about this, particularly in the prerelease time (which is specifically designed to find bugs with the stock game, not play around with mods), will be summarily ignored. Being passive aggressive in other threads is not helpful either. 

(Crap, I sounded passive agressive? I'm terribly sorry, I never meant for it to sound that way)

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

As the author of B9PartSwitch, you can blame me for this, and you can continue to blame me until 1.2 official is out as I have no intention of releasing anything while the KSP API is unstable (even though I've fixed all the current issues).

I am terribly sorry for pestering you. (I guess 1.1pre taught a good lesson...don't mod until it was stable)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

2 hours ago, DanilloRaptor-SVK said:

Hi... why is fuel boil off just when you speed-up time x10000 and more? having lot of power (using reactors) 

You've run into one of the edge cases the plugin does not handle well. Screenshots of the problem occurring and the ship are helpful (or a craft file if it doesn't have too many other mods). 

Anyone who uses CryoEngines or KerbalAtomics - a favour please. I'm in the process of writing an analytics mode for the boiloff simulator that should solve many of the problems experienced at high timewarp. However, I need test cases. If you have a ship that encountered random boiloff at high warps in the past, I'd really like the craft file, or screenshots so I can replicate the relevant parts. 

This will be very helpful and will hopefully decrease the amount of time that the post-1.2 update will take. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update 0.4.0 is available on Spacedock and Dropbox. Curse will follow eventually. Please do not ask me about CKAN.

• KSP 1.2
  • Updated bundled MM
  • Updated bundled CRP
  • Updated bundled B9PartSwitch
  • Updated DeployableEngines
  • Reexported engine FX to fix interaction with atmospheric/highlight FX
  • Changed naming of engine variants
  • New colliders for engine variants to more accurately represent their structures
  • CryoTanks:
    • General functionality improvements
    •  Tank real power usage is now shown in the info box
    •  Right clicking on a tank in the VAB now displays its power usage
    •  New analytics mode that runs at 1000x time warp and up which should do a much better job of calculating boiloff
    •  Lifting and ZBO tanks now have the same mass ratio
    •  ZBO tanks have a new alternate model that can be selected

29 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Update 0.4.0 is available on Spacedock and Dropbox. Curse will follow eventually. Please do not ask me about CKAN.

• KSP 1.2
  • Updated bundled MM
  • Updated bundled CRP
  • Updated bundled B9PartSwitch
  • Updated DeployableEngines
  • Reexported engine FX to fix interaction with atmospheric/highlight FX
  • Changed naming of engine variants
  • New colliders for engine variants to more accurately represent their structures
  • CryoTanks:
    • General functionality improvements
    •  Tank real power usage is now shown in the info box
    •  Right clicking on a tank in the VAB now displays its power usage
    •  New analytics mode that runs at 1000x time warp and up which should do a much better job of calculating boiloff
    •  Lifting and ZBO tanks now have the same mass ratio
    •  ZBO tanks have a new alternate model that can be selected

Thank you for the update(s) and all your hard work!

When I loaded a game with Cryo Engines and Tanks, it removed all active contracts, my contract history, prevented new exploration contracts from appearing, and duplicated the Advanced and CommNet difficulty options. Thankfully it wasn't an important save, just a temporary one while 1.2 mods are updated. Removing the mods and reloading fixed it.

46 minutes ago, sdfghdfgjd said:

When I loaded a game with Cryo Engines and Tanks, it removed all active contracts, my contract history, prevented new exploration contracts from appearing, and duplicated the Advanced and CommNet difficulty options. Thankfully it wasn't an important save, just a temporary one while 1.2 mods are updated. Removing the mods and reloading fixed it.

Fiddlesticks. I could have sworn I checked that one. Please download 0.4.1 to fix this (Dropbox or SpaceDock). 

9 minutes ago, LeLeon said:

Pack Version 0.4.1 is bundled with module manager 2.6.25, not as the other packs with 2.7.1 (last version is 2.7.2)

Do you mean some other mod? There is no 4.1 here.