[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

In the space of only two days, this has become a new favorite mod! Thanks!

100% I feel the same way. I am afraid to download the update because these wont work. Just fyi I am sure you know but there has been yet another update. Its not 1.01 its 1.02 already. So please make sure you update accordingly and don't have your time wasted because of machine gun updates.

Here you all are!

Changes

- Fixed engine thrusts for KSP 1.01

- Actually updated included ModuleManager to 2.6.2

- Removed Firespitter, replaced with InterstellarFuelSwitch (more flexible)

- Fixed missing smoke trench FX

- Increased atmospheric performance of lift engines

- Added CTT 2.0 support

Just a heads up that the new version of Ven's Stock Revamp retextures the jumbo-64 to bring it in line with the other 2.5m tanks, but then adds a full range of cryogenic tanks with orange insulation - meshes really nicely with this pack (and the fuel switcher works fine).

Oh, and @ChrisSpace - I'd imagine this and NFP will be using the same resources once the latter updates.

Here you all are!

Changes

- Fixed engine thrusts for KSP 1.01

- Actually updated included ModuleManager to 2.6.2

- Removed Firespitter, replaced with InterstellarFuelSwitch (more flexible)

- Fixed missing smoke trench FX

- Increased atmospheric performance of lift engines

- Added CTT 2.0 support

Hey Nertea, can you write how InterstellarFuelSwtich is different from Firespitter one? (I'm looking for more flexible FuelSwitch myself :P)

Love the engines but not thrilled with the switchable tanks. Planning to see about using them with the takes from Near Future Propulsion when it comes out though :) These are too good to give up on using them easily :)

I found a large bug in the cost calculation of the switchable tanks. Fixing this will make LH2 tanks more reasonable in cost - they cost way too much. Sorry for the mess. As an apology I wrote that LFO conversion patch - it's in the extras folder, drop it in if you want it.

-Added optional LFO patch

-Fixed switchable tank costs

Hey Nertea, can you write how InterstellarFuelSwtich is different from Firespitter one? (I'm looking for more flexible FuelSwitch myself )

Better TweakScale support, for one!

I found a large bug in the cost calculation of the switchable tanks. Fixing this will make LH2 tanks more reasonable in cost - they cost way too much. Sorry for the mess. As an apology I wrote that LFO conversion patch - it's in the extras folder, drop it in if you want it.

-Added optional LFO patch

-Fixed switchable tank costs

It appears you've confused a couple of your engines in the LFO patch. I haven't checked the others, but you gave cryoengine-125-1 the corrected ISP of cryoengine-125-2 and vice versa, making the "Volcano" quite overpowered and the "Chelyabinsk" pretty much useless.

This is the strangest thing. I installed this mod through CKAN, and now the CKAN client doesn't list it at all anymore. I can see the folder, but CKAN doesn't have it as selectable for updating or anything.

I think CKAN is having some amnesia or something. ;)

This is the strangest thing. I installed this mod through CKAN, and now the CKAN client doesn't list it at all anymore. I can see the folder, but CKAN doesn't have it as selectable for updating or anything.

I think CKAN is having some amnesia or something. ;)

There's a discussion one one of RoverDude's threads. The CKAN maintainers have marked the current version of Firespitter (which throws a harmless compatibility warning) as not for 1.0 because the warning was generating too much support chatter. That causes everything that uses Firespitter to stop showing up.

This doesn't use Firespitter anymore though :)

I guess CKAN doesn't know about that? I'm guessing dependencies have to be updated manually. I might need to ask about that too, now that SpaceY has started using MM.

I guess CKAN doesn't know about that? I'm guessing dependencies have to be updated manually. I might need to ask about that too, now that SpaceY has started using MM.

Yeah, I think I'll actually have to learn to maintain those CKAN configs now. Sigh.

What would be required to add the hydrolox tank type to procedural parts? A MM .cfg I imagine, but that's about as far as I have the skills to get.

I'm not sure really. The main thing would be getting the ratio right - for this mod it's 10u LH2:1u Oxidizer

Yeah, I think I'll actually have to learn to maintain those CKAN configs now. Sigh.

Dbent sent in a PR to fix the switch over to interstellarfuelswitch and Cryogenic engines should now show up in CKAN again.