[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

On 3/24/2016 at 0:12 PM, Streetwind said:

Yeah, Nertea has so many threads that it's impossible to keep track of all issues unless they get submitted to github. Definitely log an issue there :)

@Nertea is like Tony Stark...he has projects upon projects. He tinkers. He builds.

The main changes that will be necessary are: a repack of DeployableEngines (done), an update for all cfgs to get tags right (not done), an update to the model/fuel switching plugins (not done, i'm probably moving away from IFS) a couple all-in tests to verify the basics (very not done).

RCS build aid flat out refuses to recognize the LH / LOX in tanks so calculating Δv is a bit of a crapshot. Are these engines, considering the tank density, actually better say, on an upper / transfer stage than stock high ISP engines? They are so viciously expensive that recovering the first stage engines is a must, since they cost nearly as much as the entire rest of the vehicle. However, a very cool mod. Here's a picture to show my appreciation. Thanks again.

awesome_mod.jpg

Edited by Raideur Ng

On 4/5/2016 at 7:10 PM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Aw, really? I was planning to use that for hydrogen compatibility when I eventually finish my own engines. What do you plan to replace it with?

@blowfish's part switcher kicks butt, I'm evaluating it now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2016 at 0:59 PM, Nertea said:

Well, it does similar things to IFS/Firespitter, but the cfg setup is much friendlier and easier to MM.

Huh, may have to tell Necrobones about it, so he can switch over. That is, of course, if IFS and blowfish's part switcher aren't compatible.

5 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

Huh, may have to tell Necrobones about it, so he can switch over. That is, of course, if IFS and blowfish's part switcher aren't compatible.

It's a different module with different syntax.  They can't both be used on the same part, but having both in the same install isn't a problem.

This is a test release for 1.1. It should not be considered fully operational.

I will not push the AVC file or the official update links in the OP until post-official KSP 1.1.

• KSP 1.1 repack
  • Updated CRP version
  • Updated bundled MM version
  • Deprecated IFS in favour of B9PartSwitch
  • Added part search tags for parts

https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/CryoEngines/releases/tag/v0.3.0

Hm, I just installed Cryo engines+KAtomics and now I don't have a context menu for any tank, be it stock (using venstock revamp) or other mods tanks, like KW rocketry. Can someone confirm or reproduce the issue?

I'm honestly not sure what might have caused this, could be a mod conflict, since the last updates broke a bunch of mods (via part mass modifier and recent update killed mechjeb).

Idk if it's helpful nertea, but here is a log:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11499141/output_log-randcryo.txt.html

Sadly don't got an up to date vanilla folder, so i can't test the mod in a clean install atm.

EDIT: Hm, those lines looked interesting:

Spoiler

Non platform assembly: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.6.21.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\USITools.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9PartSwitch\Plugins\B9PartSwitch.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9PartSwitch': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0    at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch' from assembly 'B9PartSwitch, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype' from assembly 'B9PartSwitch, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'B9PartSwitch, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'B9PartSwitch, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Edited by Temeter

It's possible the bundled version of B9PartSwitch is for the the wrong prerelease build (nature of things changing so often).  I will verify that the latest version works with the latest prerelease build when I get home.

Edited by blowfish

15 minutes ago, blowfish said:

It's possible the bundled version of B9PartSwitch is for the the wrong prerelease build (nature of things changing so often).  I will verify that the latest version works with the latest prerelease build when I get home.

Thanks! I'll try a more vanilla version and shift around some mods.

EDIT: Shifted all mods away, started a new safe with only cryo engine mod and nothing else. Still the same result, no context menus. Also the same exception in the log.

EDIT2: I replaced out the B9 part switcher by this version:

https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch

It claims to be only for 1.0.5, but with this one the context menu works and I can use LH2 fuel. Interestingly enough, b9's .version file in cryo engines and the github above both claim to be 1.0.1, but are different sizes.

Edited by Temeter

Ah damn I know what I did wrong. I did not properly pull blowfish's repo when I did the packaging this morning. I'll have to fix it tonight, away from my modding computer. 

This is why it's not pushed to stable :P

Edited by Nertea

With KSP 1.1 and CryoEngines 3.0 I have problems connecting the Ct10 'Chelyabinsk' engines in symmetry mode to a multi engine adapter like a stock "TVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter".

Edited by Kolago

I had this mod installed, and also several of Necrobone's great parts mods... Fuel Tanks Plus, Modular Rocket Systems, etc. Unfortunately, the fuel switcher in those other mods was overriding the Cryotanks fuel switching. I solved the problem by deleting the fuelswitcher.cfg patch in the other mods, so Cryotanks was no longer competing with anything, and it all works correctly now.

Figured I'd post about it here, since other people certainly are going to encounter the same problem.

Btw, I found that the fuel switcher apparently normalizes all fuel tanks weights, is there somethin I can do to keep the difference? Some mods, e.g. KW rocketry, have lower dry weights and higher costs (and an even lighter, unpainted tank), which seems to be lost?

EDIT: Looking closer, the general LFO dry weights seem much lower than usual?

Edited by Temeter

Don't know if you'd want to go the same route, but I set up discrete tanks for the needed types to remove fuel switcher dependency and the weirdness that it can induce. Also resulted in better compatibility with some other mods so was well worth it at least from my play style :)