[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

On 3/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, justspace103 said:

Hey guys excellent additions with the methane engines, really enjoying them (especially with waterfall!!). Although i think i may have encountered a small bug. Is anyone else having trouble with the new "Harrier" Engine? whenever i use it my craft enters a roll and spins out of control. the thrust centering may be off.

I'll take a look.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:05 PM, mxi_steel said:

Hi when will the methanr engiens have lfo compatibility 

Next version. 

On 3/7/2021 at 2:16 AM, justspace103 said:

Hey guys excellent additions with the methane engines, really enjoying them (especially with waterfall!!). Although i think i may have encountered a small bug. Is anyone else having trouble with the new "Harrier" Engine? whenever i use it my craft enters a roll and spins out of control. the thrust centering may be off.

I encountered the same issue

CryoEngines 2.0.1

• Updated Russian translation by r4ndom
  • Adjusted some engine core effects to look better
  • Zeroed Harrier thrust transforms
  • Updated Waterfall configurations to use new features from Waterfall 0.6.0 (thanks Zorg!)
  • Updated LFO extras patch to handle methalox engines
  • Added new CryoEngines NFLV patch
    • Converts Cougar, Lynx to use LH2/LF/O and LH2/O when installed

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

CryoEngines 2.0.1

• Updated Russian translation by r4ndom
  • Adjusted some engine core effects to look better
  • Zeroed Harrier thrust transforms
  • Updated Waterfall configurations to use new features from Waterfall 0.6.0 (thanks Zorg!)
  • Updated LFO extras patch to handle methalox engines
  • Added new CryoEngines NFLV patch
    • Converts Cougar, Lynx to use LH2/LF/O and LH2/O when installed

wow that is the fastest update i have seen i think you said the next version would have lfo patches for methane like yesterday

8 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Any chance for RealPlume configs for those glorious new engines? Or it's all WaterFail nowadays?

This is a really interesting strategy to get things from the author of both mods! We'll have to see if it pays off!

3 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

So that's a no, I guess. Thanks for quick answer!

First of all, I hope you clicked. 

Second, perhaps insulting someone’s work when you want something from them is NOT the best way to do things....

Spoiler

In case you hadn’t noticed, Nertea is also the creator of “Waterfail”. 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

No need for anyone to get agitated. 

4 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

So that's a no, I guess. Thanks for quick answer!

I don't personally control RealPlume so in a sense it's a valid question. I'm sure learning to write/configure RealPlume configs would be useful to you though. 

12 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I'm sure learning to write/configure RealPlume configs would be useful to you though.

I guess so. Sorry, but I can't stand "mesh plumes". Rocket engines do not eject 3D plumes that look good only from certain angles (and look much worse if you look from where you weren't supposed to look. I can give you screenshots, if you don't believe me)

59 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I guess so. Sorry, but I can't stand "mesh plumes". Rocket engines do not eject 3D plumes that look good only from certain angles (and look much worse if you look from where you weren't supposed to look. I can give you screenshots, if you don't believe me)

This may not come as a surprise but I fundamentally disagree! Rocket engines don't eject discrete billboarded meshes that only look good from certain angles and positions. Assuredly, we live in a world which in which many opinions are valid and there may be more than one answer to a problem. However that is no call to go around being uh, distinctly impolite about people's hard work.

If you seriously want to have a productive discussion, you can go to the Waterfall thread and post your complaints and damnning screenshots there. Then we can work to address the issues, instead of complaining in people's threads.

Edited by Nertea

21 hours ago, Angel33Demon said:

Does using RealFuels disable the cooling option (using EC) in cryogenic tanks? Because while cooling seems to be available for my Interstellar tanks, they don't seem to appear as an option for the cryo tanks...

Yes, the assumption is that if you are using Interstellar or RealFuels, you prefer those mechanics and CryoTanks won't really do anything.

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yes, the assumption is that if you are using Interstellar or RealFuels, you prefer those mechanics and CryoTanks won't really do anything.

Yes, but shouldn't the CryoTanks still exhibit the same behavior as the cryogenic tanks from Interstellar in this case? Given that they're both meant to take some EC and use it for cooling, I think it's weird that this disables that option for CryoTanks when both are installed... 

8 hours ago, Angel33Demon said:

Yes, but shouldn't the CryoTanks still exhibit the same behavior as the cryogenic tanks from Interstellar in this case? Given that they're both meant to take some EC and use it for cooling, I think it's weird that this disables that option for CryoTanks when both are installed... 

IFS takes precedence to avoid the mods interfering with each other. 

9 hours ago, Angel33Demon said:

The overall issue is that when you start installing multiple fuel switch mods, I don't know what feature sets you want, and what gameplay paradigms you want. I also don't want to know and handle every permutation. Is IFS using the same power usage/fuel? The same mass ratio? It's unlikely. This is going to cause functional and balance inconsistencies, so I just turn the patches off if I detect that a tank has been touched by some other mod.