Jump to content

[1.11.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Mar 9, 2021)


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

This adds, in a nutshell, a second, less cryogenic fuel to the mod - Liquid Methane - and 10 new engines to make use of it. LCH4 is less dense and less awkward to work with than LH2 but doesn't quite have the efficiencies. It's a good middle of the road. 

Wow. Amazing update and great work, as always. :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

FYI, your link leads to "access denied."

Idk why it does that, i used a shareable link. but it should be working now

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 3:48 AM, Souptime said:

Heyo, downloaded the methalox expansion and now KSP wont load, just stop when trying to load the breaking ground expansion

LOG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wFiz1mxrrEtTz8J_y4SbZsL-uRx2kXO2/view?usp=sharing

Still happens with a fresh CryoE install and fresh BE install

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Still happens with a fresh CryoE install and fresh BE install

holdup its not cryoengines causing it lemme do a mod check

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Souptime said:

holdup its not cryoengines causing it lemme do a mod check

You appear to be missing some dependencies.  Search your log for "ERR " and you'll find the offending lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

You appear to be missing some dependencies.  Search your log for "ERR " and you'll find the offending lines.

ah yes missing dependencies my smooth brain always does that

Link to post
Share on other sites

iz8e2HP.png

Raptor Shuttle!!! 

ZYKdWXZ.png

4zNTD0c.png

MonoProp OMS finishing Orbital Insertion Burn.

Spoiler

The main tank still had oodles of d/V left, I just didn't feel like testing beyond LKO, or with heavy payloads

 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

How do I go about changing oxidizer to lox for these engines? More specifically the methane engines.

It depends.

Do you want the resources changed to be more like the IRL, if so, you should get RealFuels

If you just want the resource to be displayed as LOX instead of Oxidizer, I think there is a simple patch that can be used.

Spoiler

i have no idea what the patch should be though. I am utterly clueless when it comes to code :confused:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

It depends.

Do you want the resources changed to be more like the IRL, if so, you should get RealFuels

If you just want the resource to be displayed as LOX instead of Oxidizer, I think there is a simple patch that can be used.

  Hide contents

i have no idea what the patch should be though. I am utterly clueless when it comes to code :confused:

 

I figured it out, If I just go to the cfg files I just change where it says 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        engineID = allosaur
        runningEffectName = fx-allosaur
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1850
        heatProduction = 287.8342734
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdMethane
            ratio = 3
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 1

And replace the section

        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 1

With 

        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdOxygen
            ratio = 1

Still trying out different ratios but that should convert it, Only downside is from what I have seen I need to go into each file one by one to change it for each engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VCamProbe said:

And replace the section

        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 1

With 

        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdOxygen
            ratio = 1

Still trying out different ratios but that should convert it, Only downside is from what I have seen I need to go into each file one by one to change it for each engine.

I think you may need LOX defined somewhere. Let me see if I can find the patch

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I think you may need LOX defined somewhere. Let me see if I can find the patch

Let me know, It works like this in game for me but idk if it breaks anything yet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

Let me know, It works like this in game for me but idk if it breaks anything yet 

Here’s a better solution, MM patch by @Clamp-o-Tron

 

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Oxidizer]
{
  @displayName = LqdOxygen
}

This should make oxidizer appear as LOX without changing anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys excellent additions with the methane engines, really enjoying them (especially with waterfall!!). Although i think i may have encountered a small bug. Is anyone else having trouble with the new "Harrier" Engine? whenever i use it my craft enters a roll and spins out of control. the thrust centering may be off.

Edited by justspace103
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mxi_steel said:

Hi when will the methanr engiens have lfo compatibility 

There is an optional patch you can install from the Extras folder (it's also in CKAN if you use that) which converts all the engines to use liquid fuel instead of cryogenic fuels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Why485 said:

There is an optional patch you can install from the Extras folder (it's also in CKAN if you use that) which converts all the engines to use liquid fuel instead of cryogenic fuels.

i downloaded it but it seems the methane engines still run methane 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mxi_steel said:

i downloaded it but it seems the methane engines still run methane 

maybe the patch is not updated for the methalox-> kerolox conversion, idk sadly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...