[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

Awesome mod love it, however I appear to be having some problems with the electric charge consumption one of my other mods appears to have changed it from 0.09ec/s per 1000 units to 0.9ec/s per 1000 units could you please let me know how to change it back

Thanks

On 1/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, XenophonAnabasis said:

Hi i'm having an issue with Realplume mod. My engine exhaust looks like this:

vvQepKK.jpg

You may want to ask in the RealPlume thread- I think the configs come from there. Also remember they are supposed to look like hydrolox rocket exhaust like the Delta 4/ RS-68

13 hours ago, Deus Zed Machina said:

Any plans to use the new specular shaders to add some extra shininess to the tanks? I've been playing around with my own bump/specular maps using said shaders and I think they look really cool. 

Maybe in 2020. Also maybe by then the PBR shader will not be quite as crap and look consistent between scenes. This whole pack is really very bad now compared to other work so I need to do lots of work to bring it up to spec, but I have other projects that take precedence. 

On 1/29/2019 at 11:45 PM, Nightside said:

You may want to ask in the RealPlume thread- I think the configs come from there. Also remember they are supposed to look like hydrolox rocket exhaust like the Delta 4/ RS-68

Thanks i did ask there but no one has gotten back to me yet.  But they don't look anything like this guys installation https://youtu.be/9-cEwmYiGFg?t=655 . Interestingly i was able to modify the  emission variable and got the Chelyabinsk engine to look great. But modifying the same variable on other engines doesn't do anything that i can tell. 

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@Nerteahey man don't take this as a request I was just curious as to why ckan isn't supported on any of your mods. Just a little curiousith that's all

Q: CKAN Support Questions?
A: Talk to CKAN folks, CKAN is not supported.

I believe 95% of his mods ARE on CKAN and do work. 

BUT if you have any sort of install problems and installed it with CKAN, Ask about it in the CKAN thread as Nertea does not want to deal with CKAN problems.

I love this mod, but I seem to have an issue and I’m not sure if it’s intentional or not. 

Stacking two cryo tanks together  with an engine on the end makes the engine only use fuel from the tank it’s directly connected to. 

Also, using fuel lines with the cryo tanks doesn’t work. 

If I use regular stock tanks and change the fuel to LH2 then it works as expected, and fuel lines also work as they normally would. The issue seems to be only with the cryo tanks. 

Is this intentional? I’m using KSP 1.5.1 with mechjeb, hyperedit, KIS and KAC

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, xtoro said:

I love this mod, but I seem to have an issue and I’m not sure if it’s intentional or not. 

Stacking two cryo tanks together  with an engine on the end makes the engine only use fuel from the tank it’s directly connected to. 

Also, using fuel lines with the cryo tanks doesn’t work. 

If I use regular stock tanks and change the fuel to LH2 then it works as expected, and fuel lines also work as they normally would. The issue seems to be only with the cryo tanks. 

Is this intentional? I’m using KSP 1.5.1 with mechjeb, hyperedit, KIS and KAC

Thanks.  

Which version of this mod are you using?  v1.1.0 and v1.1.1 of this mod are for KSP v1.6.x.  This may be your problem.

Hello, I wanted to ask if i could use the model "cryoengine-125-2" (the RL10B2 with the extendable nozzle in RO) as part of my unofficial mod. I wanted to use it as an tripropellant engine and your Modell with the extendable nozzle was the best one I found. The mod aims to increase the amount of (near) future chemical rocket engines in Realistic Progression 0/1 at the end of the tech tree.

• 1 month later...

Dumb Question:  What's the preferred method for producing LH2/Ox in-situ?  The only converter I'm aware of for this fuel was in the Karbonite mod which is pretty badly broken right now.

Are there any converters included with this mod, or patches to the in-game converters to produce LH2/Ox?

Also, huge thanks to the mod author, as this fuel type and the tanks/engines really do add a fun dimension and some tough decisions to Career mode!

Edited by Chilkoot

20 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

Dumb Question:  What's the preferred method for producing LH2/Ox in-situ?  The only converter I'm aware of for this fuel was in the Karbonite mod which is pretty badly broken right now.

Are there any converters included with this mod, or patches to the in-game converters to produce LH2/Ox?

CryoTanks (which is a bundled dependency of CryoEngines and Kerbal Atomics) adds LH2 and LH2O options to the stock ISRU converters. The ISRU from KPBS is also compatible.

17 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

CryoTanks (which is a bundled dependency of CryoEngines and Kerbal Atomics) adds LH2 and LH2O options to the stock ISRU converters. The ISRU from KPBS is also compatible.

Thanks - I was confusing the MKS converters for the stock ones (duh).  Guess I need to farm up some science!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Krik said:

Hello, tell me please, is there any mod that calculates the cost of electricity for cryogenic tanks (and supports this mod) and the production of electricity in general on the ship?

If you mean for the ship as a whole instead of individual tanks (which show up on the right click menu) you could try AmpYear. Its intended for overall power management and has calculations for required dark side battery capacity for a given orbit (for solar powered craft) and also adds reserve power features.

Krik is asking in here specifically because Amp Year doesn't currently recognise the power requirements for tanks.  To my knowledge there isn't a mod that will generically calculate power draw without specifically coding in all mod parts, which is obviously not sustainable for a modder.

11 hours ago, Friznit said:

Krik is asking in here specifically because Amp Year doesn't currently recognise the power requirements for tanks.  To my knowledge there isn't a mod that will generically calculate power draw without specifically coding in all mod parts, which is obviously not sustainable for a modder.

That's right, only one mod has such functions-kerbalism. He considers electricity in tanks for hydrogen and other details, but, unfortunately, it does not suit me.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's start socializing some changes for CE 1.0. The largest change is a complete redo of the artwork in the mod, which is hideous. It will be brought up to standard. This will probably be a save-breaking change.

• 1.25m
    • Ct-10 'Chelyabinsk' will remain as a RL-10B2 analogue (effectively a single version of the Corgi cluster from Restock+ with extensible nozzle)
    • VL-1 'Volcano' will remain as a Vulcain but will likely evolve to the 2.1 model because it looks cooler
  • 1.875m  - a new size class, there is some opportunity here to fill the lineup a bit
    • A sustainer engine based on the RD-0120, this is a more appropriate size for this engine. As with the RS-25 in Restock, there will be enough mounting variation to satisfy. 
    • A vacuum engine as a single RL-60 with extendable nozzle.
  • 2.5m
    • KS-01 'Odin' will no longer be based on the LE-7A. I'm working on the exact nature of the replacement. Leading contender is the LE-9 which is its successor. 
    • Ct-2X 'Tunguska` will still be the J2-X, but there will likely be some model footprint changes to support a more realistic nozzle. 
  • 3.75m
    • Ks-68 'Mars' will remain the RS-68.
    • Ct-65 'Yucutan' will be completely reworked and rebalanced - no longer a RD-0120 but now a paired RL-60 cluster. Thrust will drop a bunch, Isp will increase.

Obviously 8 new high detail engine models is a big chunk of work so don't expect this anytime soon. However I can share some work on the new models for the RS-68, in its three variants: 

covered.png

375m.png

copt.png

And additionally for the RL-60 - both in cluster form and its single variant. 

compact.pnggimbal.png

Nice work. How will the RS-68 be scaled? For a 64% scaling, the Delta IV-style shroud should be 3.125m, which isn't really great unless you want BDB interoperability. For 3.75, the engine would have to be overscaled, at 75%. Which is fine, if you ask me.

Also, any chance of making Corgi have an extendable nozzle if CE is installed (or as an optional patch)? That would be a cool feature. :) I'd like to make a ReStock/ReStock+ LH2 patch for this mod at some point (optional, of course), it'd go well with that.

BTW, check PM, I sent you some minor bug reports for KA.