[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

Without paying too much attention to details, I installed this new update. I also installed cryo restock without thinking much of it, except kind of wondering "Hmm, I don't remember any stock cryo engines. I wonder what this does."

Then I launched a previously saved ship design, and "oops!", the Skipper engine on the middle stage has turned into a hydrogen engine. "Oh, so that's what cryo restock was..."

Revert to VAB.

13 minutes ago, chateaudav said:

Last version is not detecded by ckan :(

As was correctly surmised on the previous page, this is because CKAN pulls CryoEngines from Spacedock and version 1.0.2 does not appear to be there.

I resolved the issue, looks like SpaceDock had a bit of downtime when I released the update. 

On 8/3/2019 at 8:41 AM, Maxime10 said:

Hello,

I loaded an old ship and i got an error with the Ct65 'Yucatan' Cryogenic Rocket Engine. I can't find it anymore. Has it been deleted/replaced ?

Thank you

It has been hidden and is invisible by default in the editor. It can still be found though and will not affect any ships in flight.

7 minutes ago, pirx8 said:

I have question. is "cradle" truss from which fuel tank can be ejected, visible on this screen part of this mod?

It’s  Near Future Construction. It has those trusses, along with other kinds of truss. I’m pretty sure that those are tweakscaled down to fit with the SSPXR habitat, but I could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, KerbalKore said:

It’s  Near Future Construction. It has those trusses, along with other kinds of truss. I’m pretty sure that those are tweakscaled down to fit with the SSPXR habitat, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for info. I plan to use this truss to store lander on interplanetary mission. Otherwise i would need to store it either in front of ship or by the side - and in that case i would need counterbalance on the other side.

And regular payload bays are too heavy, no need for fully enclosed space.

1 minute ago, pirx8 said:

Otherwise i would need to store it either in front of ship or by the side - and in that case i would need counterbalance on the other side.

And regular payload bays are too heavy, no need for fully enclosed space

Not to mention it looks a whole lot better in a fancy truss than stuck to the side

On 8/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, pirx8 said:

I have question. is "cradle" truss from which fuel tank can be ejected, visible on this screen part of this mod?

7PzCKm7.png

Unfortunetly i cannot check right now myself.

Slightly off topic, but the rendering of this looks way better than normal. Has a nice bloom to it. There a mod that makes KSP look this much better?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 2:37 AM, Zorg said:

I will be submitting a backwards compatibility fix but just grabbing the new release from the link above will actually fix the problem.

@Zorg Does this fix mean that Realplume 11.1 would still work without errors?  I'm stuck at 11.1 due to JetSoundsContinued at the moment.

On 8/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, pirx8 said:

7PzCKm7.png

Unfortunetly i cannot check right now myself.

Does anyone have a craft file for this  i would like to use it for my game.

Thanks in advance

Or you can recreate if from the picture. This design is about as straightforwards as it gets, if you played with NF a while you should recognize all the parts right away. Literally everything on that ship is in full view.

8 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I have a similar question, are there specific configs, altered settings you used? You're seems a lil different, unique, and also how'd you get clouds in rss, send me a private message if this is a bit too ofttopic

Obviously the screenshot we're talking about isn't mine but many of us use OrbitalPhoenix's guide as a starting point then tweak to taste.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, AmpCat said:

Slightly off topic, but the rendering of this looks way better than normal. Has a nice bloom to it. There a mod that makes KSP look this much better?

Scatterer and planetshine help, but I think that's an artist's rendition, not a screenshot of anything in KSP.

3 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Scatterer and planetshine help, but I think that's an artist's rendition, not a screenshot of anything in KSP.

The picture is 100% KSP. Those are clearly CryoTanks, SSPXr, Near Future Construction, Near Future Solar and ReStock parts. The main reason it looks so much better than a regular Scaterrer and Planetshine install is KS3P with a custom config and a custom Kopernicus sunlight boost for more contrast. The way Orbital Phoenix does this is in the link posted by Friznit above.

Yes KSP can look this good if you put in a bit of effort!

This is my own recreation of a Copernicus mission following Orbital's settings for KS3P. Maybe not quite as nice as Orbitals screens but its not difficult to achieve this look if you follow his instructions.

bz9vU5Nh.png

5jjofFPh.jpg