[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

Because the updates describes above are probably in the around-september timeframe, I have validated the 1.7.x status of the mod. Not super exciting but...

• KSP 1.7.x
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.0.2
  • Updated CryoTanks to 1.1.1
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.7.0
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.4.2
  • Updated DeployableEngines to 1.0.1

11 minutes ago, azander said:

I have a problem with CryoTanks and B9partSwitch both trying to add a fuel switcher to a mod I'm working on. 

Do you have a way to tell either of them to not install on the mod I'm working on?

Assuming you want your mod to work alongside CryoTanks, you may have to have a MM script that removes the changes Cryotanks makes after it is done, then adds your own Part Switch modules.

3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

What do you mean? They are using only hydrogen? You need to be much clearer if you expect useful answers.

sorry i meant to say they are (not) switching to hydrogen fuel,,,,,,, sorry about that 

Edited by mrgreco

• 2 weeks later...

i have some NRE spam too log when i place some certain parts into the editor (like the Mk3 rocket fuel fuselage), log: https://gist.github.com/96d8cbac40c30ae5a8aaa3b2810621f6
i have a couple other mods that might have their own form of boiloff (recently SSTU had a boil off part module added, and KSP-IE always had it) so idk if those are causing some incompatabilities. 

if it helps: anCiow.png

Edited by 123nick

45 minutes ago, 123nick said:

i have some NRE spam too log when i place some certain parts into the editor (like the Mk3 rocket fuel fuselage), log: https://gist.github.com/96d8cbac40c30ae5a8aaa3b2810621f6
i have a couple other mods that might have their own form of boiloff (recently SSTU had a boil off part module added, and KSP-IE always had it) so idk if those are causing some incompatabilities. 

if it helps: anCiow.png

You have a lot of broken stuff in that log, and you should probably delete CryoTanks if you're using KSPI-E. 

49 minutes ago, Nertea said:

You have a lot of broken stuff in that log, and you should probably delete CryoTanks if you're using KSPI-E. 

ok, thanks. funnily enough, installing modular fuel tanks also fixed the NRE spam when i have a stock tank, even with cryotanks still installed.

will cryogenic fuels, still boil off, due too KSP-IE boil off mechanics? and, could i just delete the cryotanks plugin and remove mentions of the module in the cryotanks part definitions and replace them with KSP-IE boil off part modules? i made a ship using the big tanks, and id like too still use it. 

Edited by 123nick

On 5/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, 123nick said:

ok, thanks. funnily enough, installing modular fuel tanks also fixed the NRE spam when i have a stock tank, even with cryotanks still installed.

will cryogenic fuels, still boil off, due too KSP-IE boil off mechanics? and, could i just delete the cryotanks plugin and remove mentions of the module in the cryotanks part definitions and replace them with KSP-IE boil off part modules? i made a ship using the big tanks, and id like too still use it. 

MFT-CT patch is well maintained. IFS one probably isn't so that would possibly explain that.

I think you would have to replace all the partmodules with the right ones, yeah. Honestly KSPIE has different balance than all my stuff, so I can't say how well it would work. 

On 5/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, Gordon Dry said:

The only difference between rls CryoTanks 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 is the version file and shipped B9PartSwitch. :sticktongue:

Just checked the zips on github and that is not the case, the listed changes from the changelog are there. 

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

I am sorry to bother you with this, but since this is the mod where I have the issue and I couldn't find a solution elswhere, I am coming here.

I am running the game, latest update and latest Version of Cryogenic Engines and the relevant dependencies, but I can't add the fuel to the tanks, it just won't show up. Instead I am getting this in the logs, repeated a few dozen times: 

[LOG 15:18:47.912] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1823983486 to Simulation PartSet:5681 as corresponding Part FL-T200 Fuel Tank-1308617815 SimulationResource was not found

Can anyone help me with this maybe? For the moment I have installed the LFO patch, but that seems kinda cheat-y to me.

edit:I found the culprit, but I apologise for my incomplete report.

The issue was that apparently some mod (not sure wich) had Simple Fuel Switch as a part of it and after getting rid of that B9PartSwitch has taken over and everything works now.

Edited by Hiramas

2 hours ago, Hiramas said:

Greetings,

I am sorry to bother you with this, but since this is the mod where I have the issue and I couldn't find a solution elswhere, I am coming here.

I am running the game, latest update and latest Version of Cryogenic Engines and the relevant dependencies, but I can't add the fuel to the tanks, it just won't show up. Instead I am getting this in the logs, repeated a few dozen times: 

[LOG 15:18:47.912] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1823983486 to Simulation PartSet:5681 as corresponding Part FL-T200 Fuel Tank-1308617815 SimulationResource was not found

Can anyone help me with this maybe? For the moment I have installed the LFO patch, but that seems kinda cheat-y to me.

It's often a good idea to post a link to an entire log file to help diagnose the problem.  Occasionally, the problem is not where you think.  Read the topic below.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's present our first two mostly complete models for CE 1.0.0.

This is the Vesuvius, the Volcano replacement, based on the Vulcain 2 engine from the Ariane 5. It will be available in 1.25m boattail, 1.25m ring and compact variants.

vesuvius1.PNG

vesuvius2.PNG

Followed by the all-new Erebus, a new sustainer based on the RD-0120. Available in 1.875m boattail, 1.875m ring and compact variants.

erebus1.PNG

erebus2.PNG

This is also the first peek at the new colour scheme for CE, which aligns with the one BDB is using for its own cryogenics, specifically the blue ring.

Edited by Nertea

6 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Let's present our first two mostly complete models for CE 1.0.0.

This is the Vesuvisu, the Volcano replacement, based on the Vulcain 2 engine from the Ariane 5. It will be available in 1.25m boattail, 1.25m ring and compact variants.

Followed by the all-new Erebus, a new sustainer based on the RD-0120. Available in 1.875m boattail, 1.875m ring and compact variants.

This is also the first peek at the new colour scheme for CE, which aligns with the one BDB is using for its own cryogenics, specifically the blue ring.

SO PRETTY

Will the Vesuvius*? have similar stats to the Volcano?

Edited by lordcirth

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

SO PRETTY

Will the Vesuvius*? have similar stats to the Volcano?

Ah you caught me before I fixed the typo.

Yes, generally similar. I will make minor changes but the balance of all the revised engines should stay in the same ballpark except the 3.75m upper, which will lose a bunch of thrust (and mass).

44 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Some cleanup up/finalized models:

1.25m vac replacement

I'm loving the detail (and holding my breath on the RAM impact).  Looking forward to this update.

Will the new models for previous engines substitute automatically on existing craft or are they going to be new part names?

Also, any 0.625m LHO engine in the works, comparable to the KA Eel?  Small craft and probes could use some cryo love...