[1.12.x] Cryogenic Engines: Liquid Hydrogen and Methane Rockets! (Jan 22, 2022)

Nertea

Just a quick suggestion, would it be possible to add vernier engines to this pack?  I love building rockets with these engines, but the stock verniers run on LF/O, so they can't be used on a stage with one of these babies, which means hauling extra mono-propellant for RCS quads.

@Capt. Hunt, here's a new vernier engine that uses LH2/LOX based off of the stock verier engine using MM. Along with the fuel change, the ratios were change to go inline with the other cryo engines, the ISP was buffed due to the fuel change, and the entry cost + cost were adjusted accordingly. The original vernier engine's title was also changed so the LFO and LH2 versions can be easily distinguished.

@PART[vernierEngine]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
	@title = Vernor Engine (LF/OX)
}

+PART[vernierEngine]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
	@name = vernierEngineCryogenic
	@title = Vernor Engine (LH2/OX)
	@entryCost = 8550
	@cost = 2035

@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX] {

@resourceName = LqdHydrogen

@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel],0
		{
			@name = LqdHydrogen
			@ratio = 1.5
		}
		@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer],1
		{
			@ratio = 0.1
		}

!atmosphereCurve {}
		atmosphereCurve {
			key = 0 354
			key = 1 203
			key = 5 0.001
		}
	}
}

Edited by FiiZzioN

I can't start the game with Cryogenic Engines when using RO / RSS, the loading stops after the MM patches were done at:

[LOG 17:34:12.681] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1'
[LOG 17:34:12.686] *U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-1
[ERR 17:34:12.701] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

[LOG 17:34:12.717] PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:34:12.729] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-1'
[LOG 17:34:12.780] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2'
[LOG 17:34:12.786] *U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-2
[LOG 17:34:12.795] *RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1
[LOG 17:34:12.796] *RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1
[ERR 17:34:12.796] *RFMEC* ERROR Can't find configuration LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen, falling back to first tech-available config.

[ERR 17:34:12.798] *RFMEC* ERROR could not find configuration of name LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen and could find no fallback config.
For part cryoengine-125-2, Current nodes:

[ERR 17:34:12.804] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

[LOG 17:34:12.933] PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:34:12.981] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-2'
[EXC 17:34:13.038] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.TLTInfo ()
	RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 17:36:40.182] [DeadlyReentry.DRToolBar] OnDestroy() called - destroying button
[LOG 17:36:40.213] QuickExit(QExit)[2.12]: OnDestroy

This is the end of the KSP.log, then I killed the process (interesting fact is that DeadlyReentry and QuickExit log something then)...

The full KSP.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pco57e9krb5dvpb/2017-05-03-2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

btw I don't get an output_log.txt, dunno why.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I can't start the game with Cryogenic Engines when using RO / RSS, the loading stops after the MM patches were done at:

[LOG 17:34:12.681] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1'
[LOG 17:34:12.686] *U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-1
[ERR 17:34:12.701] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

[LOG 17:34:12.717] PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:34:12.729] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-1'
[LOG 17:34:12.780] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2'
[LOG 17:34:12.786] *U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-2
[LOG 17:34:12.795] *RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1
[LOG 17:34:12.796] *RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1
[ERR 17:34:12.796] *RFMEC* ERROR Can't find configuration LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen, falling back to first tech-available config.

[ERR 17:34:12.798] *RFMEC* ERROR could not find configuration of name LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen and could find no fallback config.

[ERR 17:34:12.804] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

[LOG 17:34:12.933] PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:34:12.981] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-2'
[EXC 17:34:13.038] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.TLTInfo ()
	RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 17:36:40.182] [DeadlyReentry.DRToolBar] OnDestroy() called - destroying button
[LOG 17:36:40.213] QuickExit(QExit)[2.12]: OnDestroy

This is the end of the KSP.log, then I killed the process (interesting fact is that DeadlyReentry and QuickExit log something then)...

The full KSP.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pco57e9krb5dvpb/2017-05-03-2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

btw I don't get an output_log.txt, dunno why.

RO question: RO thread!

So, it's not RO, it's missing fallback configs for RealFuels:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

*U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-1/cryoengine-125-1' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-1'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2'

*U* Ullage constructor called on cryoengine-125-2

*RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1

*RFMEC* ERROR: could not find configs definition for cryoengine-125-2-1

*RFMEC* ERROR Can't find configuration LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen, falling back to first tech-available config.

*RFMEC* ERROR could not find configuration of name LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen and could find no fallback config.

FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

PartLoader: Part 'CryoEngines/Parts/Engine/cryoengine-125/cryoengine-125-2/cryoengine-125-2' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'cryoengine-125-2'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.TLTInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Crosspost:

Edited by Gordon Dry

I just use this thread to thank you @Nertea for all your mods!

My first "big mod" was the near future pack way back then when I had no idea what I was actually doing. It was great.

Now I just expanded my techtree with CTT and your modpacks since I reached the end and thought it is time to come back to near future.

So now I just got all your creations and wanted to thank you, I'll never forget that friday night with my calculator planing my trip to moho with argon engines just to find out I overestimated their TWR - glorious times!

Cheers

Edit I looked at yll the Imgur albums and must say this one has the best descriptions. "Fwoomp", "Sizzle" ...

Edited by maculator

Okay, I added CryoEngines again and removed the RealFuel-Stockalike and RealPlume-RFStockalike configs ... my bad.
I guess that was the issue.

Edit:

Hah!

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

And for god's sake, get rid of Simple Boiloff.

Source:

Edited by Gordon Dry

All right, Real Fuels only works right without the SimpleBoiloff.dll from CryogenicEngines but after removing that .dll the Cryogenic Tanks do still boiloff with enough heat dissipation provided (4° K inside).

Frustrating...

Edit:

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am currently working on the updates for KSP 1.3. They will include rebalances and possibly some craft-breaking changes. If you use the mod in KSP 1.3 in its current state, you will have a Bad Time when the updates release.

Edited by Nertea

On 5/25/2017 at 6:33 PM, Nertea said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
I am currently working on the updates for KSP 1.3. They will include rebalances and possibly some craft-breaking changes. If you use the mod in KSP 1.3 in its current state, you will have a Bad Time when the updates release.

but it DOES work? just after the update, likely will break current stuff?

20 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

I don't know and I don't particularly care - no support for sure. 

4 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Just tried it out of curiosity with Near Future Construction and crashed to desktop when it tried to load the parts during game startup so I have to say no, it does not work.

I'd also like to put out the call for people who use this mod and either ModularFuelTanks, ProcedualFuelTanks or ProceduralWings and are able to spend some time looking at the configs. I don't know how these mods work, and there's user-contributed patches as part of CryoTanks that have been variously reported to "not work". I need some help repairing these. If not, I'll just rip them out.

The current version of the configs are here.

Edited by Nertea

• 2 weeks later...

I'm willing to bet there are bugs in this one due to the sheer amount of new content.

Cryo Engines 0.5.0

• KSP 1.3
  •  Updated MM to 2.8.0
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 1.8.0
  • Updated CRP to 0.7.1
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.0.3.3
  •  Setup parts to use KSP 1.3 localization
  •  Renamed a few engines for consistency and VAB location
  •  Fixed incorrect layer for most engine FX
  •  Changed heat animations to use Throttle method (as in Kerbal Atomics)
  •  Updated heat production values of engines, tied primarily to engine total power now
  •  Adjusted IntakeAir consumption of Cutlass engine in LH2 patch
  •  Significant improvements to CryoTanks package
    •  Now versioned (Version 0.4.0)
    •  Normalized LH2 tank mass ratios to 5 (from ~3.5), this affects all tanks containing LH2 or LH2/OX
    •  Normalized naming scheme for ZBO tanks to reflect their capacities
    •  Reworked tank capacities
    •  Improved fuel switching patch to account for more exceptions
    •  New 5m tank models (15m and 7.5m lengths)
    •  Deprecated 3.75m length tank variant for 3.75m inline tanks (temporary)
    •  Reworked models and textures for all fuel tanks
    •  New structureless variants for all inline tanks
    •  Optimized SimpleBoiloff plugin
    •  Cooling functions can now be disabled in the VAB
    •  Reduced the scope of the SimpleBoiloff plugin, most advanced functions are now part of DynamicBatteryStorage
    •  New sub-plugin: DynamicBatteryStorage
      •  Dynamically adjusts EC storage to combat KSP crap resource mechanics at high timewarp
      •  Should dramatically reduce instances of EC loss at high timewarp

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Cryo Engines 0.5.0

•  Changed heat animations to use Throttle method (as in Kerbal Atomics)

I'm a little out of the loop these days since my computer can't run the game anymore, has this always been possible? Does it tie the throttle % to animation keys? What happens when you floor/kill the throttle?

Thanks for a great update as always, waiting until I'm able to try all this stuff out is killing me.

Just as note, there seems to be an problem in the version file, which confuses CKAN for Cryo Tanks. If youre interested, you can check: http://status.ksp-ckan.org/
Error is: "AVC: Invalid path to remote GameData/KerbalAtomics/Versioning/KerbalAtomics.version, doesn't match any of..."
I don't know why it refers to Kerbal Atomic, tho

EDIT: OK, CryoTanks Netkan has a hardcoded version reference to KerbalAtomics. I think that's something for the CKAN guys. Reported it here.

Edited by Jebs_SY