Random Exploding Space Rendezvous

So, I'm pulling a rescue mission. I had a manned capsule, and a satellite (When this happened, I was controlling the unmanned satellite). I got my encounter down to NaN, HOWEVER, at about 800m away, my manned capsule just exploded. I wasn't touching it, it wasn't near anything, it didn't have any engines(So it couldn't have overheated), I don't know what happened. I had lots of science in the manned one, and Jeb was flying it :(. Any idea what happened?

So, I'm pulling a rescue mission. I had a manned capsule, and a satellite (When this happened, I was controlling the unmanned satellite). I got my encounter down to NaN, HOWEVER, at about 800m away, my manned capsule just exploded. I wasn't touching it, it wasn't near anything, it didn't have any engines(So it couldn't have overheated), I don't know what happened. I had lots of science in the manned one, and Jeb was flying it :(. Any idea what happened?

This bug happened:

If you're close to a spacecraft, after a quickload the heat calculations get bugged. Switch crafts back and forth to fix it.

Had this happen to me after rescuing a Kerbal in a Mk1 Command Pod, and wondered what the cause was. Originally I thought it was just the game's way of creatively removing debris, but then it didn't happen on my second and third rescue missions. Bugged heat values after a quickload explains it.

I think we have found and fixed this already. Was a bug whereby during a craft packing/unpacking and warping it would incinerate remote vessels. If you can post your save files so we can test, that would be a great help.

Same thing happened to me while I tried to rendezvous to minmus orbit station. Lost all the crews in the station, including Jeb,Val,Bob...

I couldn't afford to hire another kerbal after the acciedet, so I had to start another career save.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.