[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

NOTICE: I am burnt out on KSP and modding in general.  I code for a living which makes coding for a hobby a real chore.  I will not be working on these mods anymore beyond simple recompiling, which means they may not be updated for 1.1.  Sorry for that.  They're open-sourced with a quite permissible license so feel free to take over one or more of them if you're so inclined.  Let me know if you do so I can alter the OP here.

regex's Useful Mod Emporium

Because I'm too lazy to do a bunch of release threads for tiny little mods.

Before we get started:

• Any requests for support will be completely ignored.
  • Bug reports that do not follow the commonly accepted format will be completely ignored.
  • If you use Windows x64 and are having issues you will be ignored.
  • If you are ignored for any reason I reserve the right to not explain why you have been ignored and continue to ignore you.
  • All of these mods should be considered to be in "maintenance mode". That is, I am not taking feature requests for them and will probably not expand them, but I will fix bugs.
  • These mods are offered in the hopes that they will be useful and free of bugs but I have very little patience and free time for this sort of thing anymore; any modding will be done on my schedule and at my whim, and if you don't like that I literally don't care.

On to the mods.

KSC Switcher (1.0.4)

uqZUw6X.png

Scraped out of Real Solar System at NathanKell's request (RSS will be moving to Kopernicus), this mod allows you to move KSC around for launches from different locations, as desired. Enter the tracking station, click on the desired launch site, exit and watch as KSC get put in the right location. This does not create multiple KSCs, it moves KSC around. Designed mainly for use with Real Solar System, the included launch sites file contains real world locations and descriptions for those locations culled from Wikipedia (covered under the appropriate license).

In the tracking station there are two additional buttons underneath the exit button. The first (the "launch tower") will bring up a list of launch sites. Hovering over a launch site will show its description, clicking a site will switch to it, and clicking the magnifier next to the site will spin the planet to view it. The second button (the "eye") toggles site visibility in the tracking station. You can click on a launch site directly on the planet view to switch to it. Your current launch site will be remembered when you start the game and KSP should be loaded with that launch site active.

I will not be making a launch sites file for stock Kerbin so don't bother asking, although it should be noted that a lot of Earth sites will actually work pretty well as-is. Poke around and check them out. Baikonur, Svobodny, Brownsville, and even Kourou are good choices. Kourou is probably the most practical to use. Oh yeah, you don't get the stock KSC location with this; consider yourself warned.

If you want to build your own launch sites this link provides a good reference on the options available to you.

License: BSD 2-clause (relicensed from CC-BY-SA with permission from NathanKell). Some content licensed under CC-BY-SA copyright Wikipedia. Yes, I am the person who put the original KSCSwitcher and its support classes into RSS, that's why I'm relicensing with permission.

Download: KSCSwitcher-0.4.zip

Kerbal Renamer (1.0.5)

tfxazCs.png

Renames and re-stats your Kerbals, even gender-bends them. Basically this mod takes any given generated Kerbal and rebuilds them. Stronger. Faster. etc... It'll even get rid of the stock four for you. The included name file creates Kerbals with Russian names what I copied off of Wikipedia and elsewhere; they're probably not at all correct and, unfortunately, not in Cyrillic. Now includes American names as well, and the ability to have multiple "cultures" defined for renaming. Anyway, read the README.txt and check out the KerbalRenamer.cfg file if you want to configure it for yourself.

License: BSD 2-clause

Download: KerbalRenamer-0.5.zip

Thermal Helper (1.0.5)

qjUhBvi.png

Gives you an Application Launcher button to enable/disable the debug menu thermal options to show the part shaders and enable right-click info.

License: BSD 2-clause.

Download: ThermalHelper-0.2.zip

Tank Lock (1.0.5)

M6kn1gv.png

Allows you to bind resource locking/unlocking to action groups on a per-tank basis. Requires Module Manager (part sold separately).

Be warned, the included Module Manager script will blindly add this PartModule to every part with a resource in it.

License: BSD 2-clause.

Download: TankLock-0.1.zip

Changelog

- Added icon support for cultures in the astronaut complex (flags, basically)
- Removed random profession generation, professions will always be generated from name hash.

Kerbal Renamer 0.4
- Added support for multiple "cultures".
- Now includes a config file to generate both Russian and American names.

Kerbal Renamer 0.3
- Changed the random seed generator to prevent duplicate starting names in different saves (Jebediah Kerman always becomes Svetlana Limonova, etc...)

All
- Yanked Aero Arrows, there is a hotkey for that.
- Yanked PID Tuner, I don't really want to deal with it and crzyrndm has a better plugin, I do believe. Contact me if you want the source code.

KSCSwitcher 0.4
- Stopped reading Kopernicus target list, which should fix issues with configs that do not have a "Kerbin" defined.

KSCSwitcher 0.3
- More back-end changes, hopefully fixed issues with not being able to switch and/or craft disappearing.

KSCSwitcher 0.2
- Back-end fixes for Kopernicus compatibility

All
- Added PIDTuner 0.1

All
- Added KSCSwitcher 0.1.

All
- Moved all download links to Kerbal Stuff.
- Added Tank Lock 0.1.

Kerbal Renamer 0.2
- Added feminine last name generation.
Kerbal Renamer 0.5

Edited by regex

Oh, that thermal helper thing looks nice! Thanks for supporting our sacred feelings of laziness.

A small entitled request: Can you please make another one for the aerodynamic overlay?

Edited by Temeter

Thermal Helper

http://i.imgur.com/qjUhBvi.png

Gives you an Application Launcher button to enable/disable the debug menu thermal options to show the part shaders and enable right-click info.

Wow - I was actually thinking of requesting something like this. Or getting off my lazy duff and doing some modding of my own :)

Thanks, man!

A small entitled request: Can you please make another one for the aerodynamic overlay?
Huh what? I had no idea. Well, I can probably crank that out, give me a few, I'm in a programming mood.
Wow - I was actually thinking of requesting something like this. Or getting off my lazy duff and doing some modding of my own :)

Thanks, man!

Once I figured out where the settings were it was cake. Check out the source, it's stupid small.

Really like kerbal re-namer but, is there a way to differ female surnames from male surnames? Because Cyrillic surnames (not all of them but most of them) differs in spelling and pronunciation slightly depends on gender so Julia Alexeyev is, erm, alternative gender person as she|he has name supposed to be feminine, but surname is for a male, so our brave female cosmonaut should be named as Julia Alexeyeva.

sorry if I write it in a way that is hard to understand =)

Really like kerbal re-namer but, is there a way to differ female surnames from male surnames? Because Cyrillic surnames (not all of them but most of them) differs in spelling and pronunciation slightly depends on gender so Julia Alexeyev is, erm, alternative gender person as she|he has name supposed to be feminine, but surname is for a male, so our brave female cosmonaut should be named as Julia Alexeyeva.

sorry if I write it in a way that is hard to understand =)

I can definitely add female surnames to the generator and give you the option to use them, thanks for the help and suggestion! Obviously I'm not a Russian-speaker. :)
If Thermal Helper is super easy, what about Aero-Arrows? Could we get a similar button to toggle those on and off?
Literally in the works. Also,thanks for the name.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the thermal helper! One thing I noticed is that the icon is missing or something. It's just a white square, but it still works. :P
Missing from the zip, I'll send up a new one in a bit.

Weird. Someone else having the issue that the toolbar symbol is a white square?

edit: Nvm, already solved.

Huh what? I had no idea. Well, I can probably crank that out, give me a few, I'm in a programming mood.

Awesome! Those little qol improvements mean a lot for a game you play countless hours. Probably saved me ~3 f12 keys. :D

It's btw the same: Aero data for context menus, and awesome little pointer showing you lift and drag.

Fixed the Thermal Helper icon missing, added Aero Arrows.

- - - Updated - - -

Great utilities, glad to see you out of the modder's back rooms.
Thanks, although I will definitely continue contributing to RO. :)

Regex, your work here is the napkin and straw that should have come with my delicious KSP 1.0 happy meal.

I now stand up, face west and salute you.

(I could have faced east as well, but there's this bookcase...)

(I could have faced east as well, but there's this bookcase...)
West is apropos, I think the UK is closer to Oregon USA that way. ;)

Also, updated Kerbal Renamer to 0.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Aero Arrows is easier to understand but I love the name you gave the folder. And you're welcome, thanks for using it :)
np. Keep making cool videos.

Here, I cut Russian surnames (most of them are Russian/Soviet cosmonauts/spacecraft designers) in little pieces and put into config.

KERBALRENAMER
{
preserveOriginals = false
generateNewStats = true
femalePercent = 0.5
badassPercent = 0.05
useBellCurveMethod = true
dontInsultMe = true

FFIRSTNAME1
{
key = Alisa
key = Anna
key = Valeriya
key = Valentina
key = Viktoriya
key = Galina
key = Diana
key = Elena
key = Ekaterina
key = Evgeniya
key = Zhanna
key = Irina
key = Inessa
key = Kseniya
key = Ludmila
key = Marta
key = Marina
key = Natalya
key = Nina
key = Olga
key = Rozalina
key = Regina
key = Svetlana
key = Sofia
key = Tatyana
key = Faina
key = Elvira
key = Emilia
key = Yuliya
key = Yana
}
FFIRSTNAME2
{
}
FFIRSTNAME3
{
}
MFIRSTNAME1
{
key = Alexei
key = Alexandr
key = Alexandr
key = Alexandr
key = Anatoly
key = Arkady
key = Boris
key = Vadim
key = Vasily
key = Vyacheslav
key = Gavriil
key = Georgiy
key = Grigory
key = Denis
key = Dmitry
key = Yegor
key = Yefim
key = Ivan
key = Ivan
key = Iosif
key = Konstantin
key = Makar
key = Mikhail
key = Nikita
key = Nikolay
key = Oleg
key = Pavel
key = Pyotr
key = Rodion
key = Rostislav
key = Semyon
key = Sergei
key = Stanislav
key = Stepan
key = Timofei
key = Timur
key = Eduard
key = Erik
key = Yury
key = Yury
key = Yury
key = Yakov
key = Gherman
key = Vladimir
key = Vladislav
key = Gleb
key = Viktor
key = Maksim
}
MFIRSTNAME2
{
}
MFIRSTNAME3
{
}
LASTNAME1
{
key = Gaga
key = Ti
key = Ni
key = Popo
key = Byko
key = Tere
key = Yego
key = Koma
key = Feo
key = Be
key = Leo
key = Bere
key = Vo
key = Go
key = Yeli
key = Kuba
key = Fili
key = Khru
key = Shata
key = Sho
key = Seva
key = Ruka
key = Pa
key = Dobro
key = Kli
key = Laza
key = Lebe
key = Maka
key = Artyu
key = Dyo
key = Sara
key = Gre
key = Guba
key = Aksyo
key = Yego
key = Zho
key = Zu
key = Rozhde
key = Gla
key = Kova
key = Ryu
key = Dzhani
key = Iva
key = Roma
key = Lya
key = Ki
key = Ma
key = Stre
key = Savy
key = Bere
key = Savi
key = Sere
key = Aleksa
key = At
key = Solo
key = Vo
key = Vasyu
key = Va
key = Vikto
key = La
key = Le
key = Mana
key = Krika
key = Po
key = Bala
key = Mana
key = Artse
key = Afa
key = Pole
key = Male
key = Musa
key = Tsi
key = Usa
key = Buda
key = Dezhu
key = Ko
key = Gi
key = Onu
key = Batu
key = Vino
key = Lazu
key = Pada
key = Zalyo
key = To
key = Za
key = Mo
key = Lo
key = Tyu
key = Yurchi
key = Tre
key = Sha
key = Kono
key = Skvo
key = Kondra
key = Bori
key = Samoku
key = Shkaple
key = Novi
key = Re
key = Tare
key = Smi
key = Kuzne
key = Soko
key = Moro
key = Pe
key = Zay
key = Pa
key = Semyo
key = Golu
key = Bogda
key = Voro
key = Fedo
key = Mikha
key = Gu
key = Bara
key = Kuli
key = Ale
key = Stepa
key = Soro
key = Yako
key = Pu
key = Se
key = Medve
key = Koro
key = Glu
key = Gru
key = Tyu
key = Lozino-Lozi
}
LASTNAME2
{
key = ktist
key = r
key = r
key = t
key = kol
key = v
key = l
key = n
key = lk
key = lyn
key = rbat
key = s
key = p
key = styan
key = vishnik
key = vol
key = ts
key = t
key = t
key = t
key = m
key = d
key = kh
key = fan
key = ch
key = b
key = stven
key = zk
key = nch
key = z
key = sh
key = kal
key = zov
key = br
key = ndr
key = k
key = veyk
key = vch
key = b
key = nd
key = bar
key = nas
key = sch
key = bl
key = ndak
key = dz
key = fr
key = grad
key = tk
key = rip
key = kar
key = nchak
key = rg
key = rts
key = lk
key = l
key = r
key = n
key = b
key = yl
}
LASTNAME3
{
key = ov
key = ov
key = ov
key = ov
key = ov
key = in
key = in
key = in
key = in
key = ayev
key = yev
key = ev
key = sky
key = ovsky
key = oy
key = enko
key = ko
key = uk
key = ykh
key = ych
key = un
}
FLASTNAME1
{
key = Gaga
key = Ti
key = Ni
key = Popo
key = Byko
key = Tere
key = Yego
key = Koma
key = Feo
key = Be
key = Leo
key = Bere
key = Vo
key = Go
key = Yeli
key = Kuba
key = Fili
key = Khru
key = Shata
key = Sho
key = Seva
key = Ruka
key = Pa
key = Dobro
key = Kli
key = Laza
key = Lebe
key = Maka
key = Artyu
key = Dyo
key = Sara
key = Gre
key = Guba
key = Aksyo
key = Yego
key = Zho
key = Zu
key = Rozhde
key = Gla
key = Kova
key = Ryu
key = Dzhani
key = Iva
key = Roma
key = Lya
key = Ki
key = Ma
key = Stre
key = Savy
key = Bere
key = Savi
key = Sere
key = Aleksa
key = At
key = Solo
key = Vo
key = Vasyu
key = Va
key = Vikto
key = La
key = Le
key = Mana
key = Krika
key = Po
key = Bala
key = Mana
key = Artse
key = Afa
key = Pole
key = Male
key = Musa
key = Tsi
key = Usa
key = Buda
key = Dezhu
key = Ko
key = Gi
key = Onu
key = Batu
key = Vino
key = Lazu
key = Pada
key = Zalyo
key = To
key = Za
key = Mo
key = Lo
key = Tyu
key = Yurchi
key = Tre
key = Sha
key = Kono
key = Skvo
key = Kondra
key = Bori
key = Samoku
key = Shkaple
key = Novi
key = Re
key = Tare
key = Smi
key = Kuzne
key = Soko
key = Moro
key = Pe
key = Zay
key = Pa
key = Semyo
key = Golu
key = Bogda
key = Voro
key = Fedo
key = Mikha
key = Gu
key = Bara
key = Kuli
key = Ale
key = Stepa
key = Soro
key = Yako
key = Pu
key = Se
key = Medve
key = Koro
key = Glu
key = Gru
key = Tyu
key = Lozino-Lozi
}
FLASTNAME2
{
key = ktist
key = r
key = r
key = t
key = kol
key = v
key = l
key = n
key = lk
key = lyn
key = rbat
key = s
key = p
key = styan
key = vishnik
key = vol
key = ts
key = t
key = t
key = t
key = m
key = d
key = kh
key = fan
key = ch
key = b
key = stven
key = zk
key = nch
key = z
key = sh
key = kal
key = zov
key = br
key = ndr
key = k
key = veyk
key = vch
key = b
key = nd
key = bar
key = nas
key = sch
key = bl
key = ndak
key = dz
key = fr
key = grad
key = tk
key = rip
key = kar
key = nchak
key = rg
key = rts
key = lk
key = l
key = r
key = n
key = b
key = yl
}
FLASTNAME3
{
key = ova
key = ova
key = ova
key = ova
key = ova
key = ina
key = ina
key = ina
key = ina
key = ayeva
key = yeva
key = eva
key = skaya
key = ovskaya
key = oy
key = enko
key = ko
key = uk
key = ykh
key = ych
key = un
}
}

K1amRdY.png?1

Every (well, almost) surname is grammatically correct.

----------

Btw, is it possible to somehow randomize a seed? Right now it generates the same names for every new game for me.

Edited by OTHOAB
changed German to Gherman

http://i.imgur.com/K1amRdY.png?1

Every (well, almost) surname is grammatically correct.

Yeah they kind of grammatically correct but they (almost all) makes no sense =)

I'll look up config and code sometimes later this weekend to figure something up, add some more names and surnames (and obviously the thing we call "otchestvo" as it's kinda means a lot then you talk about slavic names), and it is actually possible to take things on the other level, soviet space program was "international" after all (there was not a lot but some cosmonauts from all around soviet union and allied countries (there was even one cosmonaut from Afghanistan)), of course if sir regex has no issues with it =)

Yeah they kind of grammatically correct but they (almost all) makes no sense =)

I'll look up config and code sometimes later this weekend to figure something up, add some more names and surnames (and obviously the thing we call "otchestvo" as it's kinda means a lot then you talk about slavic names), and it is actually possible to take things on the other level, soviet space program was "international" after all (there was not a lot but some cosmonauts from all around soviet union and allied countries (there was even one cosmonaut from Afghanistan)), of course if sir regex has no issues with it =)

Yes, I know, they don't make sense just like a lot of vanilla kerbonauts' names, but look nice. I mean look mysterious enough for non-russian speaker. And random.

I didn't add non-slavic-looking surnames because it would be very strange to see "Sergei Gaga-r-and" or somebody like that. If we would have different kinds of sets of names, then it would make sense. Germanic names are in one set, Arabic names are in another set, etc.

And I think it is possible to add patronymic right now. Put first name in "FIRSTNAME1", put space in "FIRSTNAME2", put patronymic in "FIRSTNAME3".

But I am afraid some monitors wouldn't be big enough to fit something like "VYACHESLAV VYACHESLAVOVICH ZALYOVISHNIKIN". Hehe.

Thanks regex for the Aero and Thermal buttons. I second all the opinions on this thread stating that there should have been a stock toggle (other than in the debug menu). Ignore away oh grumpy one :wink: