[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

Well I'm certainly glad you posted a bug report to help me fix the issue, that was really helpful. I'll get right on that. :rolleyes:

E: Also, AFAIK Kopernicus hasn't been updated to 1.0.2, are you using.a dev version or recompile and, if so, which one?

Next time you're feeling frustrated try not making other people frustrated too. Thanks.

What was wrong? is this the wrong place to report a bug or have I forgot some important data? The log just stops, no crash logs in there , and I've experienced it on 32bit windows version.

And yes the dev version of Kopernicus, not sure which version since the dev builds get updated without version change afaik, but I think its the latest version.

Or do u meant the reproduction step: Install Kop and KSCSwitcher, start career , get to the point where you get non-hardcoded contracts, and just decline contracts one after another, after 5-10 the game freezes.

2nd option, try hitting space (that triggers the 70km record) and the game freezes (not sure if related, only seen twice,but suspected it due to it being contract related)

What was wrong? is this the wrong place to report a bug or have I forgot some important data? The log just stops, no crash logs in there , and I've experienced it on 32bit windows version.

And yes the dev version of Kopernicus, not sure which version since the dev builds get updated without version change afaik, but I think its the latest version.

Or do u meant the reproduction step: Install Kop and KSCSwitcher, start career , get to the point where you get non-hardcoded contracts, and just decline contracts one after another, after 5-10 the game freezes.

2nd option, try hitting space (that triggers the 70km record) and the game freezes (not sure if related, only seen twice,but suspected it due to it being contract related)

Had this exact issue could track it down with all my mods as there is absolutely nothing in logs to indicate the issue. Thank you skyrex for diagnosing the cause.

What was wrong? is this the wrong place to report a bug or have I forgot some important data?
FOLLOW THE BUG REPORTING POST.

Seriously. I don't care if the logs show nothing, post them. I need versions, I need to know how to reproduce the error, I am not omnipotent, I do not follow every other modder's thread, I am not "up" on your favorite mod's current issues and builds.

GET IN THE HABIT, DON'T FORGET A STEP, REPORT CORRECTLY, IF NOT FOR ME THEN FOR OTHER MODDERS.

I am going to pound this into the skulls of anyone who posts a bug here and expects help. If you DO NOT REPORT CORRECTLY I CANNOT HELP. There's a reason I ask you to do this in the OP.

Okay, I'll see what I can figure out from here.

I've tested the new Verion of KSCSwitcher:

There is a good thing and a bad thing, bad thing first:

It doesn't actually switch the KSC anymore, its at its default location and you can't change that, although you see all the launch locations in tracking station.

Good thing:

As far as a quick test goes it seems that the contract-freezing bug of Kopernicus+KSCSwitcher is gone. Haven't tested the 70km-contract yet but you can decline as many as you want again, so good work here for finding the issue so fast :) +1

It doesn't actually switch the KSC anymore, its at its default location and you can't change that, although you see all the launch locations in tracking station.
Huh, I thought that was fixed with the new code...

KSC Switcher appears to totally erase all in-flight flights upon exiting and/or entering a game, killing all Kerbals not in the Astronaut Complex. This occurs in an otherwise totally stock KSP 1.0.2 with only KSP Switcher 0.2 installed.

Below is the output_log.txt from a session where I started a new sandbox save, put a stock ship on the launch pad with Jeb, Bill, and Bob in it, then went back to the space center and exited the save. The load summary screen said 0 active flights. Loading the save, there were indeed 0 active flights and the 3 astronauts were listed as MIA in the astronaut complex.

If I load an active save, the same thing happens but immediately upon loading. The save will list - for example - 5 active flights but upon loading they are all gone and the Kerbals in them are dead.

[defunct site link removed by moderator]

5thHorseman said:
[defunct site link removed by moderator]

Thanks. It seems we still can't find the homeworld (where is Karak, anyway?). I'm working late tonight (my child was/is sick) but I will try to get to this tomorrow. Should be relatively easy to fix, but I thought I had already done it. This is related to not being able to click on a launch site in the tracking station.

Okay, updated KSCSwitcher again, tested it with RSS and SKY using the latest Kopernicus development build, don't seem to have any problems with SKY but RSS is still having problems. NathanKell is in the know, and RSS Kopernicus is still in early development, so I'm not terribly worried. You at least can switch from the tracking station menu and it will work in that regard reliably. I also seem to have fixed the issue with craft disappearing. Please let me know if there are any other issues, thanks!

KSCSwitcher works like a charm now. And with some trial and error I have a KSC entry in my personal copy of the file, to boot.

Just add this to your config, and if you like you can even set it to the default.

{
name = kb_ksc1
displayName = Kerbal Space Center 1
description = Oddly named, Kerbal Space Center 1 is actually the second Kerbal Space Center on the planet. What was the first? KSC2, of course!
PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = 0
longitude = -74.75
repositionRadiusOffset = 43
repositionToSphereSurface = false
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{
radius = 8000
heightMapDeformity = 0
absoluteOffset = 66
absolute = true
latitude = -0.25
longitude = -74.75
}
}
		Site

Edited by 5thHorseman

KSCSwitcher works like a charm now. And with some trial and error I have a KSC entry in my personal copy of the file, to boot.
As noted in the OP I will not be making a Kerbin launch sites file (mainly because there's no real reason to launch anywhere other than KSC in stock, other than survey contracts, and that's just cheating) but if people want to make a compiled list of sites they enjoy launching from I will be happy to link to it.

As noted in the OP I will not be making a Kerbin launch sites file... but if people want to make a compiled list of sites they enjoy launching from I will be happy to link to it.

I've not updated the config yet for the new version of KSCSwitcher (as I've not yet had time to set it up), but here are the launch sites I was using from 0.24 through 0.90:

http://0div0.org/files/LaunchSites.cfg

And a sorta-complete image showing where the sites are located:

kerbin_launchsites.jpg

Probably need to use 5thHoreseman's KSC instead of mine, as mine was always a bit offset. Deliberately, so I knew when I hadn't "fixed" that old RSS/KSCSwitcher bug by clicking off/on the launch site when loading the game.

As noted in the OP I will not be making a Kerbin launch sites file (mainly because there's no real reason to launch anywhere other than KSC in stock, other than survey contracts, and that's just cheating) but if people want to make a compiled list of sites they enjoy launching from I will be happy to link to it.

"Cheating." Tsk tsk ;) But there are several reasons to launch from other locations, including mountains to lower total dV to orbit (especially if you don't care about or want an equatorial orbit). Also, there's the rule of cool. I want to launch from next to the big Nile-like river, or from next to KSC2, or from the island in the center of the huge crater.

I've not updated the config yet for the new version of KSCSwitcher (as I've not yet had time to set it up), but here are the launch sites I was using from 0.24 through 0.90:

http://0div0.org/files/LaunchSites.cfg

And a sorta-complete image showing where the sites are located:

http://0div0.org/images/ksp/kerbin_launchsites.jpg

Probably need to use 5thHoreseman's KSC instead of mine, as mine was always a bit offset. Deliberately, so I knew when I hadn't "fixed" that old RSS/KSCSwitcher bug by clicking off/on the launch site when loading the game.

Give it a look and if it's better than yours (The actual KSC may be a bit off but to my eye it's fine, but the peninsula PERFECTLY matches the peninsula in the main planet texture) by all means put it in. And I'll be grabbing your file as well. Mayhaps we should do some sort of collaboration, as I plan on adding a "Kairo" launch site at least, and as I said that crater is asking for a site.

Also, there's the rule of cool.
In #RO we call the reason for launching from Plesetsk "excessive chest hair".
Give it a look and if it's better than yours (The actual KSC may be a bit off but to my eye it's fine, but the peninsula PERFECTLY matches the peninsula in the main planet texture) by all means put it in. And I'll be grabbing your file as well. Mayhaps we should do some sort of collaboration, as I plan on adding a "Kairo" launch site at least, and as I said that crater is asking for a site.
You guys will have to reformat that file to match the new config nodes in KSCSwitcher, things have been renamed a bit. You might also want to blow out the Earth launch sites while you're at it; pretty easily done from your config. Make sure there's an :AFTER[KSCSWITCHER] or whatever my node is... Edited by regex
It actually does work.

Since your node isn't added on an MM pass (there's just KSCSWITCHER { } not, say, KSCSWITCHER:FOR[KSCSwitcher] ) it will exist before _any_ MM patching is done. So people can patch it on whatever pass they like, even FIRST.

(Sorry, I didn't know that was the context for which you were asking the question or I'd have cleared this up at the time. :) )

Also, pass KSCSWITCHER doesn't exist, so tagging something AFTER[KSCSWITCHER] means it'll never run. Passes are generated from:

assembly names (like KSCSwitcher.dll -> KSCSwitcher)

:FOR[] declaration (like :FOR[RealPlume] creates the RealPlume pass even though no RealPlume.dll exists)

folders in GameData (so with Hotrockets installed, there will be an MP_Nazari pass).

I just modified Cydonian Monk's cfg file to work with the new version and the KSC is a wee bit off. I supplemented 5thHorseman's instead and now all is good. FYI for everyone. Thanks regex for KSCSwitcher; nice little gameplay addition. If I knew how to post the file or cfg text I'd do it.

I was using tank lock and stock fuel switch, which is a plugin Porkjet wrote to apply the firespitter fuel switching capabilities to stock tanks. I noticed that all the LFO tanks could be toggled to just LF or O, but tank lock would not work on them. Tank lock worked fine on any non-LFO tanks. After experimenting with some other mods with similar fuel switching capabilities I found modular fuel tanks retains the abilities of both mods.

This is meant more as an FYI to those who want to use tank lock with a fuel switcher, and not a support request. Feel free to ignore regex. Also feel free to ignore my compliments on some very useful mods.

I was using tank lock and stock fuel switch, which is a plugin Porkjet wrote to apply the firespitter fuel switching capabilities to stock tanks. I noticed that all the LFO tanks could be toggled to just LF or O, but tank lock would not work on them. Tank lock worked fine on any non-LFO tanks. After experimenting with some other mods with similar fuel switching capabilities I found modular fuel tanks retains the abilities of both mods.
I'll talk to NathanKell and see what I have to do to make them compatible, since RF uses the same code. May be a few days before I either get word or get it fixed, but thanks for letting me know.

I'll talk to NathanKell and see what I have to do to make them compatible, since RF uses the same code.

You may have misread, I found that modular fuel tanks worked fine with tank lock, so I expect RF would work as well, although I did not test it. It was the firespitter fuel switcher I had an issue with.

You may have misread, I found that modular fuel tanks worked fine with tank lock, so I expect RF would work as well, although I did not test it. It was the firespitter fuel switcher I had an issue with.
Ah, gotcha. Well, FSTankSwitch probably isn't running the same updates as Modular Fuel Tanks and RF. I'll take a look at things but I make no promises, might require a pull request.