absoluteOffset = 0
absolute = true
latitude = 42.5
longitude = -162.5
}
}
}
}

Don't change the KEYname, ensure it has a unique "name" field, make displayName and description pretty much whatever you want, and reference this document for help on the other variables:

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/wiki/PQSCity-and-PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

that will work as a starting point, but IIRC that's before I had it dialed in well. I'll throw up the final version shortly.

I read that as name = kermagerd....

not too far from the truth, really...:blush:

that will work as a starting point, but IIRC that's before I had it dialed in well. I'll throw up the final version shortly.
If you're moving it to a different site a lot of things will have to change anyway.

Also, thanks for leaving that lying around in the thread, quite handy. :)

Here's the final version that works quite well:

@KSCSWITCHER
{
@LaunchSites
{
Site
{
name = kermangrad
displayName = UU - Kermangrad
description = Kermangrad
PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = 42.5
longitude = -162.5
repositionToSphereSurface = false
repositionRadiusOffset = 300
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
reorientFinalAngle = 90
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{
radius = 17000
heightMapDeformity = 0
absoluteOffset = 320
absolute = true
latitude = 42.5
longitude = -162.5
}
}
}
}

Like Regex said, it will probably only be "right" at this place, and in 64k.

@Mrsupersonic8: It's not all that difficult to get sorted out, just be prepared for a LOT of trial and error and relaunching KSP. For that reason, you might want to use a bare-bones setup with only the terrain modded, if you can, just for quicker load times.

Oh, and you simply MUST fly underneath the space center at some point during fiddling. Because AeroMole, that's why.

Ok, problem with the Kerbal renamer. I recently hired some kerbals, scientist. Mark Martin.

2B940E4902D3910D3518AB6DC3C761B8BF1E0988

And now... he's an engineer

8E2483E4D66251FEFD29F72203AA8BE07DF3CC37

At first I thought "Ok, I thought I hired a scientist" when I saw that I had an extra engineer... oh well. Then I hired another scientist... got another engineer when I went back to the game. This also explains why I had 3 pilots, 1 scientist and 1 engineer. I had hired 2 pilots, 2 scientist and one engineer at the start, thats not what I got.

For some reason they are not keeping their profession. I had to actually go back and edit one engineers name to get a scientist.

For some reason they are not keeping their profession. I had to actually go back and edit one engineers name to get a scientist.
I need to read up on the problem again but there's a certain action in KSP that will re-do the profession of a Kerbal. It's a stock thing that I can't change; Squad hard-coded the profession to be based on the Kerbal's name, which is a really bad thing for modders. I'll see if I can find the action that does it.

E: Another thing I can do is just let KSP generate the profession instead of doing it in the mod. In fact, I think I'll do that for the 1.0.5 release (which will have some other awesome stuff).

Edited by regex

1.0.5 release (which will have some other awesome stuff).

I love awesome stuff!

And yes, the Kerbal profession thing is - in my mind - the biggest mistake in the game so far because it's SO inane and they obviously did it on PURPOSE. If bits are so precious, remove the badS flag and replace it with "Profession." Why not just have 100% courageous Kerbals act the same way badS Kerbals act now?

Okay I feel a long rant coming, so I'll cut this short now.

I love awesome stuff!
I don't know if it's necessarily awesome stuff that you in particular will enjoy, but it's been fun programming it.
And yes, the Kerbal profession thing is - in my mind - the biggest mistake in the game so far because it's SO inane and they obviously did it on PURPOSE. If bits are so precious, remove the badS flag and replace it with "Profession." Why not just have 100% courageous Kerbals act the same way badS Kerbals act now?
Pretty sure the excuse is that a Kerbal with a certain name will be the same profession in everyone's game but that's just ... silly because no one really cares what profession a Kerbal is when they're talking about their name... Whatever. At the end of the day a mod like Kerbal Renamer doesn't really care, YouTubers with an audience that gets sent on missions do. :P

And now I'm missing a kerbal, for no reason at all. Was never on a mission but I'm down to 6, all three kerbals that took part in crewed flights are there... but Grigory Slepyin is no longer listed.

And now I'm missing a kerbal, for no reason at all. Was never on a mission but I'm down to 6, all three kerbals that took part in crewed flights are there... but Grigory Slepyin is no longer listed.
Well, uhm, nothing I can really do about that, sorry.

I can't do anything to change the launch sites/add my own. Even trying to delete the given launch sites doesn't work. Any help?

Site		{
name = tw-taiwan
displayName = TW-Taipei
description = Launching port for the TASE
PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
latitude = 42.5
longitude = -162.5
repositionToSphereSurface = true
repositionRadiusOffset = 0
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
reorientFinalAngle = -153
}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{
radius = 1
heightMapDeformity = 80
absoluteOffset = 0
absolute = true
latitude = 25.0477600
longitude = 121.5316500
}
}

I can't do anything to change the launch sites/add my own. Even trying to delete the given launch sites doesn't work. Any help?

So you REMOVE an entire launch site from the config file, and load the game, and the launch site is still there?

The only possibility is you're editing the wrong file.

If you're using RSS you NEED to add an AFTER clause to your config file, like this:

@KSCSWITCHER:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]

Real Solar System blows out the original file and introduces its own sites (which are pretty much the same). There are several examples earlier that show you how to properly construct a ModuleManager patch for Real Solar System.

Once 1.0.5 hits I'm going to pare down the default site list to the single KSC that 5thHorseman made. Then I suppose I'll make two empty MM patch files for users, one for use with RSS and one without.

• 1 month later...
I took the liberty of expanding your Kerbal Renamer with tons more nationalities. The caveat being that I kept the last names to a single simple Kerbalized form for Dutch, French, German, Indian, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Scandinavian, Scottish. I took most of the names from another kerbal renamer and researched a lot of new ones. I kept your format. I'm still using 1.04 because it's stable.

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/5erlo11txm9wd9x/KerbalRenamerNew.rar?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/s/5erlo11txm9wd9x/KerbalRenamerNew.rar?dl=0[/URL] Hope I'm not annoying anyone with this.

3 minutes ago, Philipp K. said:

In RSS with KCS switcher are my bases awfull of-placed... Anyone else with this problem???

KSC Switcher doesn't seem to be updated for 1.0.5. I haven't personally tried though, so I can't tell you if that is the actual cause of your issue.

Uh...it's just cfg work. Modify a number, start KSP to check, quit, modify again. :) Simpler even than BBCode, that stuff's complicated!

EDIT: Open Real Solar System's launchsites file. Then find your launch site. Then use this handy guide to tell you what things do what.

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/wiki/PQSCity-and-PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

Edited by NathanKell

• 1 month later...

NOTICE: I am burnt out on KSP and modding in general.  I code for a living which makes coding for a hobby a real chore.  I will not be working on these mods anymore beyond simple recompiling, which means they may not be updated for 1.1.  Sorry for that.  They're open-sourced with a quite permissible license so feel free to take over one or more of them if you're so inclined.  Let me know if you do so I can alter the OP here.

Also posted to the OP.  Thanks for all the support and laughs, I love the modding community here.  I'll still be around, BTW, can't leave well enough alone.

Yeah bud, thanks for the mods and laughs, too. To be honest, I have played very little myself, spending more time here these days for the social than the gameplay.

Take a rest, play some other things. Make some jokes here with us. It's all good :) 

• 1 month later...