[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

• 2 weeks later...

Need some flag icons for my install of Kerbal Renamer. Looking to replace the soviet flag with the current Russian tricolor flag and add the following flags in the size that the addon uses (these are vertically hung flags, of course), which is a PNG format image measuring 22 pixels wide by 50 pixels high, but the top 4 rows and bottom 4 rows of pixels are set to be transparent and the flag itself should encroach into them. The flags I'm looking to get PNGs of in this format include:

Flag_of_England.svg

England

Flag_of_Scotland.svg

Scotland

Flag_of_Wales_2.svg

Wales

Tone%20Moore.jpg

this proposed version Australian flag design,

NZ_flag_design_Silver_Fern_%28Black%2C_W

and this proposed (albeit unadopted) New Zealand flag design

us-hi%7Dkm.gif

also this flag believed have been the national banner of Hawai'i under King Kamehameha

along with France, Portugal, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Iceland, and South Africa.

I realize that to do so many flags is a LOT to ask of any ONE person but I figure if everyone who sees this were to contribute, say, one or two flags, we could conquer this challenge with relative ease.

Edited by StevieC

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a Thermal Helper mod? I'm looking everywhere for a mod that disables overheat highlight that occurs regardless of any available options. (not to be mistaken with the F11,F10 options, they don't disable it). I recalled a mod that did this some time ago, I think this one might have been it.

Okay, I've managed to get a few flag icons done, including a more up-to-date icon for Russian kerbals.

I hereby release the above images to the current maintainers of the Kerbal Renamer mod, and cordially invite them to implement these flag-icons into any prospective updates to it.

On a semi-tangential note, I wonder whether @TheReadPanda might find the name-generator in this mod to be feasible to either add to his KSP mod, or to simply see whether his mod is compatible with this mod's name-generator. If his mod and Kerbal Renamer either are compatible with each other or can possibly be integrated together, i would eagerly download and install the resulting combination!

Edited by StevieC
Had to fix a typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 15.7.2016 at 6:58 PM, StevieC said:

Okay, I've managed to get a few flag icons done, including a more up-to-date icon for Russian kerbals.

I hereby release the above images to the current maintainers of the Kerbal Renamer mod, and cordially invite them to implement these flag-icons into any prospective updates to it.

On a semi-tangential note, I wonder whether @TheReadPanda might find the name-generator in this mod to be feasible to either add to his KSP mod, or to simply see whether his mod is compatible with this mod's name-generator. If his mod and Kerbal Renamer either are compatible with each other or can possibly be integrated together, i would eagerly download and install the resulting combination!

Hello,

great flags. is the any way to use them with the kerbal renamer. I play real progression zero and i just have american and russian flags. Would be happy to have more variants.

Edited by M4ssler

Just put them in the icons folder inside the "KerbalRenamer" directory and name them according to how the two already-existing flags in that directory are named. I'm working on modifying the cfg file to generate names assigned a flag by nationality

I'm using the following launch site and can't seem to get the runway to line up East-West.
I've been tweaking reorientFinalAngle = , and can't seem to find a value that works. This is the closest I've been able to get it.

Any advice/thoughts?

Site
        {
            name = dls
            displayName = Desert Launch Site
            description = This launch site is in the desert.
            PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                latitude = -0.2632
                longitude = 221.75
                repositionRadiusOffset = 153
                repositionToSphereSurface = false
                reorientFinalAngle = 52
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 10000
                heightMapDeformity = 180
                absoluteOffset = 1
                absolute = true
                latitude = -0.2632
                longitude = 222.15
            }
        }

Edited by tjsnh

• 2 months later...

Has anyone gotten Kerbal Renamer to work with 1.2? I downloaded the zip file from the github and placed the resulting "KerbalRenamer" folder (the one with the .dll and .cfg files) in the GameData folder. I understand if this would need to be updated or recompiled for 1.2, I'm just curious to see if anyone has had success.

On 10/30/2016 at 9:41 AM, Epiphanic said:

Has anyone gotten Kerbal Renamer to work with 1.2? I downloaded the zip file from the github and placed the resulting "KerbalRenamer" folder (the one with the .dll and .cfg files) in the GameData folder. I understand if this would need to be updated or recompiled for 1.2, I'm just curious to see if anyone has had success.

Now stock. Check the debug menu

20 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Now stock. Check the debug menu

It is not stock.  Kerbal Renamer named Kerbals based on where they were from i.e.: USA,  Russia,  and gave them last names that are popular in those areas. It was also configurable in that you could add more countries and add more names to those countries.   The stock Renamer only allows you to change first names and isn't as immersive. While it's nice to have its no where near as good as Kerbal Renamer

Edited by Galileo

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It is not stock.  Kerbal Renamer named Kerbals based on where they were from i.e.: USA,  Russia,  and gave them last names that are popular in those areas. It was also configurable in that you could add more countries and add more names to those countries.   The stock Renamer only allows you to change first names and isn't as immersive. While it's nice to have its no where near as good as Kerbal Renamer

whoops. Ok I should have done more than a quick look of the OP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recompiled KSCSwitcher for 1.2.1, seems to work fine for me but no guarantees whatsoever. Feel free to try at your own discretion though.

Download - only has the DLL which you need to replace in the Plugins folder. Keep the rest of the files.

2 hours ago, jd284 said:

I have recompiled KSCSwitcher for 1.2.1, seems to work fine for me but no guarantees whatsoever. Feel free to try at your own discretion though.

Download - only has the DLL which you need to replace in the Plugins folder. Keep the rest of the files.

Thanks, will test this.

6 hours ago, jd284 said:

Can I add the .dll to my mod? KSC Switcher is almost a must to have if you have my mod. I'll put your name on the thread.

Edited by Luka 999

You'll have to obey the original license, of course, but I don't care if you want to include the DLL.

Don't put my name there though or people will start expecting me to fix bugs too... all I'm good for is pressing F8 to compile it and hope nothing breaks...

• 1 month later...
On 20.11.2016 at 10:15 AM, jd284 said:

I've noticed that there was a bug when loading saves, the last KSC location wasn't set properly. The actual KSC was always in the default location even though the tracking station showed the right location. I was able to fix this, so here's an updated version.

Download - same deal as above

On 10/30/2016 at 9:41 AM, Epiphanic said:

I submitted a PR for Kerbal Renamer here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KerbalRenamer/pull/2 (It points the the RO fork of Kerbal Renamer).  I think that's owned by @NathanKell

Edited by rsparkyc

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2017 at 1:44 AM, KSPlenny:D said:

Kinda off topic but.. Does anyone know if KSCSwitcher for 1.2 will come out soon?

Dude, just scroll up a bit. The mod creator regex has stopped modding, so someone else made an updated version, which is two posts above yours.

• 3 weeks later...