[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

Just wanted to pop in and ask if I could possibly be ignored here as well. I'm feeling left out, and have grown accustomed to a certain level of quality in being ignored on these forums :)

Edited by FlowerChild

Is there a way in Kerbal Renamer to use original KSP first names list and randomize only last names?
Nope. I'm not making one either. Source is included in the package with a permissive license.

I can't wait for KSCswicher! I've wanted this since we saw previews of 0.90!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I worked on that much of Friday; there are a few kinks to iron out with default launch site and making sure that the proper site is highlighted, and I want to center the icons (the site is at the icon's upper left), but it's working pretty good so far. I'm hoping it can be released early next week but no promises.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the renamer break saves? I've been doing the same thing manually forever, and would like to automate the process.
It only affects newly generated Kerbals.
No idea, but... ^^^

Actually, nevermind, I do know, it doesn't mess with saves, at least insofar as I can see when rolling dev saves.

Regex, are you going to re-release PID tuner? :D:D:D I always wanted it back!! Any idea on a release date?
Maybe next week some time, we'll see. That one should be pretty quick, I already have it compiled for 1.0 but I haven't tested it. Also wanted to maybe give people a default loaded from config they could set for themselves.

am i correct in assuming that the 1.0 version would work on 1.0.2 too?
Yes.
if so, can you please update the kerbal stuff page for it? thanks
Why is that so important?

not only ckan but personally , when i download from kerbal stuff myself, i just look at the version number there, very few times i have enough time to come and check the forums, specially now that kerbal stuff is almost the best center to find mods that i track as fast as possible.

but i should say, thank you for the amazing mod :D

Added the TankLock mod, something I want to see in stock and figured I should share. Also updated all the mods on Kerbal Stuff to 1.0.2 and moved all download links in the OP to Kerbal Stuff.

Enjoy.

how would I need to configure Kerbal Renamer if I want to have the Russian names AND the regular ones?
You'd have to change some code and recompile it.

Added the PID Tuner mod. No documentation will be provided for that mod. Pay a visit to your local library (or Wikipedia or something) if you need help with how PID controllers work.

I've found a serious issue. The KSCSwitcher is interfering with Kopernicus: Both of them work fine on their own, but when together there appear freezes connected to the contract system, for example you can only decline 5-7 contracts in a row before the game freezes. Or the accomplishment of the Hit 70km contract will freeze the game ( freeze, not crash).

I went through all my mods and the combination of Kopernicus and KSCSwitcher is the cause of it. Kopernicus alone runs fine, KSCSwitcher alone runs fine too, but together (and no other mods) they start to cause these freezing issues.

That reders the combination useless right now, which is especially frustating since you'll need both for senseful planet upscaling as in my SKY mod.

I've found a serious issue. The KSCSwitcher is interfering with Kopernicus: Both of them work fine on their own, but when together there appear freezes connected to the contract system, for example you can only decline 5-7 contracts in a row before the game freezes. Or the accomplishment of the Hit 70km contract will freeze the game ( freeze, not crash).
Well I'm certainly glad you posted a bug report to help me fix the issue, that was really helpful. I'll get right on that. :rolleyes:

E: Also, AFAIK Kopernicus hasn't been updated to 1.0.2, are you using.a dev version or recompile and, if so, which one?

Next time you're feeling frustrated try not making other people frustrated too. Thanks.

Edited by regex