[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 4/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, LeLeon said:

1. Yes, now i have more options. But why do these options include ressources i've never seen in one of my mods. Where do he takes these  ressources from?

Well most of the resources you have not seen, originally come from RealFuels and are also used in KSPIE. What I could do is hide these resources when none of these mods are installed

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

IFS tries to play nice and only installed it switchers on non IFS tank when no known switcher module is present.  but because IFS come relatively late in the alphabet, other switcher mods install their partmodule before IFS has a change. To override the MM behaviour, you have to do so  something like

:BEFORE[B9]

at the back, or in between

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!MODULE[ModuleTankManager],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

which should allow IFS to put its tanks before B9 has a change. I hope this helps, if not ask advice in the MM discussion thread

I would be thinking of this approach;

A . Work out which tanks you want to have what contents management.

Use that to instruct you on how to write the first piece ie @PART[filter]:HAS[morefilter]

I would be thinking of using :FINAL to determine when the patch runs.

As to the internals of the patch I would be thinking along the lines of !MODULE[SomeContentsManagerYouWantToRemove]

Then add IFS which I am guessing is MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch] and MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch].

You would have to feed in a value for RESOURCE[LiterVolume].

You could then delete fuels etc that you do not want to see from MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch] and MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch].

All of which sounds like a pita, but once you have worked out which fuels you want, you merely have to get the filter to target the right parts and job done.

That is to saw that you only have to do the fuel picking once, but can then apply that to as many parts as you like.

B. If you went with :BEFORE[B9] would that mean B9 would behave like IFS in that B9 will not add its contents manager to a part if the part already has IFS ?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this? Have I made some assumptions that are plain wrong?

edit

You would need to pick up the contents from the part so you can work out the right litrevolume. A little math, litrevolume = (amount of lf / a value ) + (amount of O / a value ) +  (amount of mono / a value ) etc.

Oh and watch out for zeros. Unless there is an easy way to pick up the max amount. You see what I mean?

Edited by Apaseall

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I would be thinking of this approach;

A . Work out which tanks you want to have what contents management.

Use that to instruct you on how to write the first piece ie @PART[filter]:HAS[morefilter]

I would be thinking of using :FINAL to determine when the patch runs.

As to the internals of the patch I would be thinking along the lines of !MODULE[SomeContentsManagerYouWantToRemove]

Then add IFS which I am guessing is MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch] and MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch].

You would have to feed in a value for RESOURCE[LiterVolume].

You could then delete fuels etc that you do not want to see from MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch] and MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch].

All of which sounds like a pita, but once you have worked out which fuels you want, you merely have to get the filter to target the right parts and job done.

That is to saw that you only have to do the fuel picking once, but can then apply that to as many parts as you like.

B. If you went with :BEFORE[B9] would that mean B9 would behave like IFS in that B9 will not add its contents manager to a part if the part already has IFS ?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this? Have I made some assumptions that are plain wrong?

edit

You would need to pick up the contents from the part so you can work out the right litrevolume. A little math, litrevolume = (amount of lf / a value ) + (amount of O / a value ) +  (amount of mono / a value ) etc.

Oh and watch out for zeros. Unless there is an easy way to pick up the max amount. You see what I mean?

The issue here wasnt B9 part switch pushing the patch itself, cryo tanks was pushing a B9 patch onto EVERY tank that could contain lf/ox and not just the ones looking for B9.   So by looking at B9 and ifs I was missing the patch in question borking everything up, with that patch gone and a wipe of the MM caches everything is working as intended now, near future parts use B9(as their designed for both content and design switching), almost everything else uses IFS.  I accidentally installed cryo tanks using ckan(suggested mod), it happens, cost of having a program download things for me. Blowfish figured  it was cryo tanks that pushed that patch(didnt even say I had cryo tanks) so Im going to guess im not the first person who experienced this.

18 hours ago, Temeriki said:

The issue here wasnt B9 part switch pushing the patch itself, cryo tanks was pushing a B9 patch onto EVERY tank that could contain lf/ox and not just the ones looking for B9.   So by looking at B9 and ifs I was missing the patch in question borking everything up, with that patch gone and a wipe of the MM caches everything is working as intended now, near future parts use B9(as their designed for both content and design switching), almost everything else uses IFS.  I accidentally installed cryo tanks using ckan(suggested mod), it happens, cost of having a program download things for me. Blowfish figured  it was cryo tanks that pushed that patch(didnt even say I had cryo tanks) so Im going to guess im not the first person who experienced this.

I hope that besides here you reported this issue to the one responsible for borking up your tanks

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I hope that besides here you reported this issue to the one responsible for borking up your tanks

I couldnt figure out where, but I eventually thought check the link in ckan to find the git, issue logged.
In case anyone has any specific feedback https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/CryoTanks/issues/51

Edited by Temeriki
added git link

• 2 weeks later...

One strange bug (mistake) I have found with IFS. It takes me a lomg time to find the reason couse I have more than 100 mods... and I was deleting them one by one to find the needed...

So If U have clean and new KSP version (in my case 1.3.1) and Airplane Plus + Tweakscale + firespitter +MM and build any craft... just for e.g. my plane on the screen below... And have a look at weight (16 tonns), COL and COM...

RV8YIVZ.jpg

BUT if i have the IFS installed... Smth happens. Just see another screen below. COM is at another position. Weight is 14 tonns  And 2 000 Kg wanished hell know where... And such a magic whith any craft in comparison Before / After if U have the IFS or not...

qTQexAX.jpg

Could anyone advise me - how to repair that stuff with IFS? What shold I change / dell / etc.?

A brand new version of IFS 3.0.0 (Beta) is now available and can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Compiled against 1.4.3

* Added Patchmanager IFS Tank Modularization for CC,CDT, CT, ISTG, RFC and Wrapper tanks (credits by EleusisLaArwal)

* Added  improved switch name texts that match mesh

* Added localization keys for description in PM-window. (credits by EleusisLaArwal) 

* Added improved auto generated ModuleInfo for fuel tanks

* Added config field moduleInfoTemplate, moduleInfoParams allowing customization of ModuleInfo

* Added more support for localization

* Added  support for alphanumeric keys in fuelTankSetups

* Add automated adaptation when config is missing

* Balanced Inline Inflatable Cryogenic Liquid Fuel Tank

Edited by FreeThinker

Are you tired of clicking through dozens of setups to find the one you need? Then you will love the new modularization feature, because now you can disable setups you don't need. FreeThinker and I have put a lot of work into it and I'm gonna explain how to use it so that you all can get the most out of it. If you have questions or need help, feel free to ask!

How to use modularized tank setups:
At the KSC open PatchManager and you will see a whole lot new 'mods' but they are not all individual mods. Each IFS tank-series has its own category in PM so you can adjust them individually. For example select IFSCC (CargoContainer) and you'll see all available resources. By default all resources are available but you can disable them one by one.

Spoiler

wnZrg26.png

Say you have no use for Caesium and Decaborane and can now disable them

Spoiler

HK0MZDQ.png

After hitting 'Apply All', KSP needs a restart and that's it!

You can disable and re-enable setups at any point. If you find bugs please let us know here or on GitHub issue tracker.

Note: Always use IFS 3.0.0 or above with the modularization or unexpected things may happen.

Another new feature are the new  moduleInfoTemplate  and  moduleInfoParams fields  which allows you to fully customize the module info

Let me demonstrate by example:

Let's say you wanted to achieve this

vUo4Myo.png

This can be achieved by adding the following to the ifsfuelswitch config

moduleInfoTemplate = <size=10>my purpose is to <<1>><br/>translate <<2>><br/> what is the <color=green>correct</color> answer to all questions?<<3>></size> 
moduleInfoParams = <color=red>test</color>;#LOC_IFS_FuelSwitch_GetInfo;41

Notice the <<1>> which a parameter tags, this is Lingoona Grammar which it fully supports

the moduleInfoParams contain a list of all parameters, this can also be used for Localized strings

Edited by FreeThinker

I had been using 1.4.3 with no issues when I add the 3 version this is what happens

------old photo removed---

previous version =2.13.3

the errors go away with the earlier version I have MM3.0.6, CRP 10,tweakscale 2.3.12 but I don't use patch manager.

any ideas?

thanks love this mod.(so i tried it with patch manager.. it too had errors.see log.)hope this helps

logs at: http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/518/diag/Jammer-TD5_18-log.zip

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD
Photo Removed problem solved

1 hour ago, Jammer-TD said:

I had been using 1.4.3 with no issues when I add the 3 version this is what happens

~snip~

previous version =2.13.3

the errors go away with the earlier version I have MM3.0.6, CRP 10,tweakscale 2.3.12 but I don't use patch manager.

any ideas?

thanks love this mod

Jammer

I have a suspicion what's going on there. Could you provide the KSP.log file?

@Jammer-TD Have you tried trowing away your Module Manager cache? They are the files next to your ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

You should remove the files

ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

Also when installing, have you first fully removed the old InterstellarFuelSwitch folder before deploying the latest version?

Edited by FreeThinker

I get the same error messages like Jammer-TD. I killed the cache files and reinstalled (clean InterstellarFuelSwitch folder) the modfiles via CKAN.

The errors are still present.

[WRN 10:26:29.952] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractConfigurator\Agencies\Agents.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.050] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\CCFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.051] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\CTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.070] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ISTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.071] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\PGTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.071] Config in file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\RFCFULLSetups.cfg' contains no data.
[WRN 10:26:30.071] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\TankRevampPatches.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:30.073] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:30.073] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\CCFULLSetups.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:30.073] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:30.073] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\CDT7Setups.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:30.074] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:30.074] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\CTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:30.091] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:30.091] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\ISTFULLSetups.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:30.091] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\PGTFULLSetups.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:30.091] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\RFCFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 10:26:30.802] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale\Examples.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:30.910] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:30.910] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Resources.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.113] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.113] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\ABL\ABL.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.113] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\AblativeLaserNozzle\AblativeLaserNozzle.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.113] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamGenerators\DiodeLaserArray\DiodeLaserArray.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.114] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.114] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamGenerators\DiodeLaserArray\Upgrades.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.114] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamGenerators\FreeElectronLaser\FreeElectronLaser2.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.114] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamGenerators\FreeElectronLaser\Upgrades.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.114] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamGenerators\Gyrotron\Gyrotron.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.115] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.115] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamTransmitters\BT2501.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.115] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamTransmitters\BT2502.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.115] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BeamTransmitters\Upgrades.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.115] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BlanketPhotovoltaicReceiver\solarpanel-blanket-1.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.115] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BlanketRectennaReceiver\blanket_rectenna.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.116] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.116] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\BlanketUltravoiletPhotovoltaicReceiver\ultravioletpanel-blanket-1.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.116] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\CircularRectennaReceiver\CircularRectennaPanel.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.116] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\CircularSolarPhotovoltaicReceiver\CircularPanel.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.116] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\CircularThermophotovoltaicReceiver\CircularPanel.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.117] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.117] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\CircularUltravioletPhotovoltaicReceiver\CircularPanel.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.117] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\DeployablePhotovoltaicXrayReceiver\DeployableXrayReceiver.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.117] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\DeployableThermophotovoltaicReceiver\DeployableThermalReceiver.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.117] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\FELA\FELA.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.118] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.118] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\FELT\FELT.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.118] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\FoldingThermalDish\part.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.118] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\Hybridwings\heatfin.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.118] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\Hybridwings\newwing.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.118] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\InlinePhasedArray\InlinePhasedArray.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.119] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.119] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\InlineThermalReceiverDish\InlineThermalReceiverDish.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.119] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\InlineThermalReceiverPanel\MW_TR_DI.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.119] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\InlineWrappedPhasedArray\InlineWrappedPhasedArray.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.120] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.120] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\LaserIR\Laser_IR.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.120] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\LaserTransmitter\LaserTransmitter.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.120] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\MicrowaveRectenna\MicrowaveRectenna.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.120] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver\MTER-M.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.120] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver\MTER-S.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.121] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.121] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiverMk2\MTPRmk2.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.121] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\MicrowaveTransducer\MicroWaveTransducer.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.121] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\OversizeFoldingDishAluminium\SIGINT.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.121] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\OversizeFoldingDishAluminium\SIGINT_End.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.122] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.122] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\OversizeFoldingDishGold\SIGINT.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.122] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\OversizeFoldingDishGold\SIGINT_End.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.122] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\PivotedInfraredMirror\PivotedInfraredMirror.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.122] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\PivotedLightMirror\PivotedLightMirror.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.122] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\PivotedRectenna\MicrowavePivotRectenna.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.123] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.123] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\PivotedThermoPhotovoltaicReceiver\PivotedThermoPhotovoltaicReceiver.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.123] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\PivotedXRayReceiver\DoublePivotedXRayReceiver.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.123] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\RadialPhasedArray\MicroWaveR_Radial.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.123] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\RadialThermalReceiverDish\part.cfg'.
[ERR 10:26:31.124] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 10:26:31.124] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\RadialThermalReceiverDishAluminium\part.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.124] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\SolarPowerMoltenSalt\SolarPower_MoltenSalt.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.124] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\SphereMWR\microwaveSphereReceiver.cfg'.

[WRN 10:26:31.124] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Microwave\SpherePhasedArray\SpherePhasedArray.cfg'.

Log details

Edited by Nuuk

8 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

I had been using 1.4.3 with no issues when I add the 3 version this is what happensinterstellarfuelissue.png

previous version =2.13.3

any ideas?

thanks love this mod.(so i tried it with patch manager.. it too had errors.see log.)hope this helps

logs at: http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/518/diag/Jammer-TD5_18-log.zip

Jammer

@FreeThinker I get the same 30 MM Errors.

Log and screenshot here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al6GOD6z9Sxci8IqsKqkfwFAzzxIJQ

MM cache cleared prior to load.

Edited by theersink

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@Jammer-TD Have you tried trowing away your Module Manager cache? They are the files next to your ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

You should remove the files

ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

Also when installing, have you first fully removed the old InterstellarFuelSwitch folder before deploying the latest version?

all of the above was done. deleted folder copied over.. deleted all but MM root file and then posted issue. I just re-tried and got the same

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD

if it helps to know with the v3 condition. after starting and closing the game with the errors displaying(having deleted the mm extra files). the ModuleManager.ConfigCache and ModuleManager.ConfigSHA never get created. the game doesn't crash. and only the mm3.06 and the physics and tech tree files are present.

Jammer

As I suspected, this is my bad. A certain part of the MM-patches require the Modules to have an exact position in the Part-config and I forgot to put the right indices on the Modules.

A fix should be up soon. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Edit: The Module order is no longer a problem. Found a better way to convince MM to do what I want.

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall

Version 3.1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-05-05

• Compiled against 1.4.3
  • Added Patchmanager IFS Tank Modularization for CC,CDT, CT, ISTG, RFC and WRapper tanks (credits by EleusisLaArwal)
  • Added improved switch name texts that match mesh
  • Added localization keys for description in PM-window. (credits by EleusisLaArwal)
  • Added improved auto generated ModuleInfo for fuel tanks
  • Added config field moduleInfoTemplate, moduleInfoParams allowing customization of ModuleInfo
  • Added more support for localization
  • Added support for alphanumeric keys in fuelTankSetups
  • Add automated adaptation when config is missing
  • Balanced Inline Inflatable Cryogenic Liquid Fuel Tank
  • Fixed ModuleManager bug during startup (credits by EleusisLaArwal)

9 hours ago, Ernstberth said:

Hi, it sounds like you know whats the problem but i would let you know that it dissapears if i deinstall "Action Groups Extended".

Yes, when ever you have some mod installed that would add another partmodule to a IFS tank, the MM script, didn't target the correct partmodule, causing the above mention error message. Now that we target the partmodule by index, this is no longer an issue

13 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

and we have lift off. all errors are gone. with 3.1

thanks !!

what great addition this is, you do good work

Jammer

@Eleusis La Arwall Provided the main muscle for this release, I only provided the grease to make it run smoothly

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.