[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@FreeThinker

I'm replacing Firespitter with this for one of my mods,  Would it be ok for me to bundle the current version?  I _think_ I only need the dll, but was planning on including what CKAN installs as the core parts.

Let me know, thanks

Yes of course, everyone is doing it already. Mod designers are indeed advised to use the CKAN IFS core, which will leave out IFS premium tanks, they also serve as an example as how to use them.

Edited by FreeThinker

Next release will introduce the ability to scale the baseMass separately from the divider mass. THis allows you improve mass ratio for light propellant in a balanced way

Example

9q5CUXp.png

and scaled up

nGWbrLe.png

Notice the improvement in mass ratio which will go from 8.9 to 9.8.

This will make single big tank have better mass ratios than many small tanks

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 3.2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-05-10

• Added property baseMassExponent, which replaces massExponent and allows scaling of base and tank mass
  • Added property tweakscaleMassExponent *default 3) which defines tweakscale mass exponent
  • Added improved mass scaling to IFS CC, CT, IST, SPG and RFC tanks
  • Fixed issue where VAB engineer report vessel mass was not updated properly after changing scale

@FreeThinker I got 3 MM errors, look like syntax errors:

Spoiler

[WRN 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key tankSwitchNames in MODULE
[ERR 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key tankSwitchNames = #$@PART[CDT2001]/MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch]/tankSwitchNames$

[LOG 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/Patches/IFSCDTmodular/@PART[CDT201?]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]] to InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/CDT2012/PART
[ERR 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key tankSwitchNames = #$@PART[CDT2001]/MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch]/tankSwitchNames$

[LOG 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/Patches/IFSCDTmodular/@PART[CDT201?]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]] to InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/CDT2013/PART

because "Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key"

Edit:

but wait, perhaps I did something I shouldn't do in Patch Manager ...

Yeah, I did. I guess that patch was meant for MFT/RF. Issue gone.

Edited by Gordon Dry

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@FreeThinker I got 3 MM errors, look like syntax errors:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/Patches/IFSCDTmodular/@PART[CDT201?]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]] to InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/CDT2012/PART

[LOG 02:58:40.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update InterstellarFuelSwitch/Patches/IFSCDTmodular/@PART[CDT201?]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]] to InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/CDT2013/PART

because "Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key"

Edit:

but wait, perhaps I did something I shouldn't do in Patch Manager ...

Yeah, I did. I guess that patch was meant for MFT/RF. Issue gone.

So what did you do wrong?

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

Haven't fixed the ~140 MM errors.

You mean the ones in the log but are never shown on screen?

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

So what did you do wrong?

I toggled to the CDT12Setups from the default CDT4Setups

Edit:

btw the shipped GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\PluginData\CDT7Setups.cfg is a zero-byte file.
nevermind, I still don't get the way PatchManager works to 100%

Edited by Gordon Dry

54 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

btw the shipped GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\PluginData\CDT7Setups.cfg is a zero-byte file.

For your information, the empty files are intentional to delete old files for people that install mods manually by overwriting the IFS folder

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I toggled to the CDT12Setups from the default CDT4Setups

Edit:

nevermind, I still don't get the way PatchManager works to 100%

Right, I forgot to remove CDT4Setups and CDT12Setups, they are no longer used and will probably break stuff when activated. Will fix that for next update.

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

You mean the ones in the log but are never shown on screen?

No, I mean the ones that fill up the loading screen, are written to the log, and prevent MM from creating it's caches.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

No, I mean the ones that fill up the loading screen, are written to the log, and prevent MM from creating it's caches.

Strange, that should be fixed already. Can you provide the KSP.log file?

Did you delete IFS before upgrading to the latest version?

Version 3.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-05-13

• Added property orderByIndexNames which sort all tanks alphabetically on indexName
  • Added property indexNames to InterstellarMeshSwitch which can be used for sorting
  • Added property defaultTank to InterstellarFuelSwitch which defines the initial tank configuration
  • Balance: improved mass ratio s of larger IFS Cryo Tanks compared to smaller tanks
  • Balance: reduce power cost of larger IFS Cryo Tanks compared to smaller tanks
  • Balance: slightly improved mass ratios for scaled up tanks
  • Fixed alphabetic sorting of tank configuration for IFS Cryo tanks
  • Fixed interface switcher issue for IFS Cryo and Gas Tanks

On 5/11/2018 at 2:25 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Right, I forgot to remove CDT4Setups and CDT12Setups, they are no longer used and will probably break stuff when activated. Will fix that for next update.

In 3.3 they're still in.

Version 3.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-05-15

• Updated MiniAVC to 1.0.3.2
  • Removed content from old MM and PM configs by EleusisLaArwall
  • Fixed excessive error log spamming of IFS partmodules

4 hours ago, Duke Leto said:

I'm having issues with getting CKAN to install the latest update for Intersteller Fuel Switch Core.  It claims it is already installed...

I think you should report this issue in the CKAN forum

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I install/uninstall pretty much all my mods with CKAN. I'm running KSP version 1.4.3.

I'm having some weird issues with part sorting by mass in the VAB/SPH with parts from mods that have fuel/supplies included in the part. 

Parts with fuel included in the part, like the dragon command pod from kerbalized spacex, are sorting on the parts list via their dry weight even though when I hover my mouse over the part it lists the wet weight....so it's like some parts aern't sorting properly.

I'm also getting a lot of weird decimal place weights instead of normal rounded weights.

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out WTH is going on. It's obviously not game breaking, but it's driving me nuts.

I have no idea what is causing it to happen, but as it happens with several different mods and not stock parts I am figuring it is due to a mod that affects other mods like this one or maybe module manager itself.

I'm a pretty big noob so I don't really know how to code, or program, or even edit module manager files....

I didn't know if you or anyone else in the thread had any ideas though.

I wrote in the technical help forum yesterday, but since I didn't include logs and stuff, I figure no one is going to answer my question....

Will a log file help me get help?:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdwj6aluwl4lik1/KSP Errors.rar?dl=0

Edited by JoE Smash
output log now included

So what mods use this by default, and does it work on stock tanks? KW Rocketry Rebalanced?

I have no idea what broke my game last time, but it persisted until I uninstalled all mods and clean installed the game. I guess my save is now corrupted permanently....

Any idea what would change the mass of all fuel/tanks/command pods in my game to some number that made everything weigh weird decimal values? Then nothing sorted by mass properly anymore.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.