[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

HyperPlutonium and Neptinium are two resoueces from the High Tech Sci-Fi Pack add on. Its a high powered but heavier propellant that gives you good ISP but at the expense of weight so it has its uses in places. Neptiunium engines in the pack is specifically an engine developed to air breath on Eve taking advantage of the Eve atmosphere in combination with LF to create an atmospheric engine. For me the HyperPlutonium storage abiliy would be great because it gives me a propellant to use on my long range satellites or as a fuel for small probes to the Lower Blue Light Level worlds light years away. Its a really cool resource and it comes with some awesome engines.

Hey folks! I'm climbing back in the KSP saddle after a couple of years away and am trying to knock the dust off.

Does anyone know why I might be getting an "incompatible version" message with the latest IFS mod? I'm using KSP 1.9.1 and IFS 3.16.0.5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm playing RSS/RO

I got the following installed mods without any errors,

https://imgur.com/RYKjMXN https://i.imgur.com/RYKjMXN.jpg

I use interstellar fuel switch and most of all the parts can be configured but the making history parts are not configurable and they lost their default fuel options,  thus only work as structural parts/adapters.

Does anybody know what requirements I should need for getting the "making history" parts usable?

Hello I recently installed this as well as many other mods in a fresh 1.9.1 install.  I'm having trouble getting the fuel switching feature to work.  In the VAB when I right click on a tank (random tank from either stock or other mods) I don't get the option to switch fuels.  I want to be able to debug this and get it working in my career play.  What suggestions do you have?  What dependencies does this mod have?  I noticed outside the VAB that IFS has an option to load and add various setups.  But adding/applying and reloading does not seem to do much.  I very well might have another conflicting addon such as B9PartSwitch or a cfg that forces liquid/oxidizer from near future tech.

Any help would be very appreciated. 

EDIT: It's also worth noting that right clicking on a tank in the VAB does not provide any option for tweak scale or B9 or anything aside from reducing the default tank resources. 

Edited by Cornholio

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just found this, could you update the OP to mention this?  I was going crazy for a while until I found this post.

It's embedded on the Distribution file!

kTBNx2m.png

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I have added it to the OP, along with Module Manager

Thank you.

Just for curiosity, why is TS a required dependency?

Asking because I don't like or use TS most of the time, would rather not have it in my game to avoid temptation

Edited by linuxgurugamer

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

Just for curiosity, why is TS a required dependency?

Asking because I don't like or use TS most of the time, would rather not have it in my game to avoid temptation

Well technically IFS only needs 999_Scale_Redist.dll to be present (because it has a dll dependancy). You could remove the Tweakscale folder and it should work

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if this is a bug with KSPIE or Ineterstellar Fuel Switch but whenever i go to check on my bases on moons and planets, my science research fills up in a couple of seconds which kind of breaks the immersion.

I think this might be caused because ckan said they needed to be updated so i did.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 3:05 AM, Drupegod02 said:

Im not sure if this is a bug with KSPIE or Ineterstellar Fuel Switch but whenever i go to check on my bases on moons and planets, my science research fills up in a couple of seconds which kind of breaks the immersion.

I think this might be caused because ckan said they needed to be updated so i did.

Sounds very unlikely it is related in any way with IFS or KSPIE

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm having a rather peculiar issue with IFS and I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out.

For some reason, even though the tank description says it has LH2O option available, the said option isn't actually possible when trying to switch the fuel to it. I wonder if there's something funky going on between this mod and the Cryo Tanks mod? The menus seem different too when trying to switch the fuel on two different tank types.

Standard tank:

xEcE5bS.png

Cryo tank:

g06jzZ3.png

Edited by winterchillz

• 1 month later...

Please forgive me, I am cross-posting this from @allista's configurable containers, see Posts #1 and #2:

I am experiencing an oddity with KSP 1.11 and mods that can switch tank contents, such as CC and IFS:

* if a tank content is switched to something other than its original contents, then the resources drained in VAB, vessel launched & immediately recovered, the recovery funds are off - part value for the recovered tank can even go negative in case of expensive resources such as from the community resource kit, but can be verified with stock resources such as MonoProp. Hence you pay for recovery instead of getting funds.

* so far havent seen this in pure stock, but definitely with part switcher such as CC, IFS and WildBlue mods

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.20 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.11.0

Released on 2021-01-14

• Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.11
  • Added searching tags to make them easier to find a tank that can hold a specific resource
  • Added FissionParticle and FissionPellets to Nuclear Storage tanks
  • Balance Increased cost Nuclear Storage tanks and slightly increased storage capacity
Edited by FreeThinker

18 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 3.20 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.11.0

Released on 2021-01-14

• Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.11
  • Added searching tags to make them easier to find a tank that can hold a specific resource
  • Added FissionParticle and FissionPellets to Nuclear Storage tanks
  • Balance Increased cost Nuclear Storage tanks and slightly increased storage capacity

Great update! Do you know where I could find configs for Tantares /  Stock fuel tanks? I don't really need the IFS tanks so I just kept the plugin part

Edited by amarius1

12 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Great update! Do you know where I could find configs for Tantares /  Stock fuel tanks? I don't really need the IFS tanks so I just kept the plugin part

GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.cfg

Version 3.21 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.11.0

Released on 2021-01-20

• Added Support for Kerbalsim with CT2500 Cryo Tanks, allowing function at high timewarp and in background
  • Added Radial Inventory Cargo Container with Tweakscale support (requires KSP 1.11)
  • Added improved Tweakscale support for Cryo Storage Boiloff
  • Improved Display stored fuel amount and hides invisible resources
  • Fixed issue with partially loaded fuel tank configurations

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.22 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.11.1

Released on 2021-01-29

• Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.11.1
  • Added ModuleCargoPart Configuration to Super Capacitators allowing them to be stored in a storage container
  • Added ModuleCargo Configuration to Inflatable Tanks allowing them to be stored in a storage container
  • Configured Inflatable Fuel Tanks start empty amount of storage
  • Moved Tweakscale to top of Context Menu
  • Moved resource Conversion bottom of Context Menu CryoTank tanks
  • Fixed LqdDeuterium configuration in CryoTank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.