[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 13.08.2016 at 6:37 AM, X1machinemaker1X said:

None of my stock LFO tanks are able to switch to mono prop even though in the module on the part info it says they will hold monoprob. I only get the LFO, LF, and O options. Any thoughts?

The same issue.

I have also B9 bart switch installed, which causes strange behaviour - I dont see any IFS controls until I change tank type by B9 controls. Then I can see IFS controls, but they perform the same way - cycle only through LFO/LF/O types.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2016 at 4:58 AM, FreeThinker said:

Uploaded a Beta that is compiled against KSP 1.2 prerelease

Had a quick twiddle with this in 1.2-pre, noticed my spaceplanes get some free ΔV...

Dry masses of tanks are slightly lower with IFS installed, e.g. Mk2 rocket fuel fuselage goes from 570Kg dry to 500Kg with IFS patches installed.
Intentional?

Note: this patch appears to keep stock dry mass intact (it's the one I was using in 1.1.x), looks like yours scales everything based on the rocket tank mass-fractions... negating the mass penalty of the lifting-body Mk.2 tanks.

Edited by steve_v
Keep the hordes from bugging me.

I installed this today but am not getting a context menu when I right click on tanks or any indication that it is installed. I downloaded using CKAN and already had tweakscale. The version in Ckan is 2.1.4 and I installed both the Switch and the Core.  

Is there a possible conflict in the following mods?:

[X{ Science!

CapCom- Mission control

Community Resource Pack

Contract Configurator

Contract Parser

Contract Reward Modifier

Contracts Window +

Field Exp

Kerbal Alarm

KAS

KER

KIS

Landing Height Display

Module Manager

Navball UP

Progress Parser

Smart Stage

Station Science

Stock Bug Fix

Transfer Window Planner

Trigger AU Flags

TweakScale

Waypoint Manager. 

4 hours ago, Alexology said:

I installed this today but am not getting a context menu when I right click on tanks or any indication that it is installed. I downloaded using CKAN and already had tweakscale. The version in Ckan is 2.1.4 and I installed both the Switch and the Core.  

Is there a possible conflict in the following mods?:

[X{ Science!

CapCom- Mission control

Community Resource Pack

Contract Configurator

Contract Parser

Contract Reward Modifier

Contracts Window +

Field Exp

Kerbal Alarm

KAS

KER

KIS

Landing Height Display

Module Manager

Navball UP

Progress Parser

Smart Stage

Station Science

Stock Bug Fix

Transfer Window Planner

Trigger AU Flags

TweakScale

Waypoint Manager. 

I have the same issue tweakscale, module manager, kiskas and crp are the installs i share from above

New containers: Nuclear Fuels, Cryo Fuels and Solid Storage by Eleusis La Arwall

8Bqcl35.jpg

I uploaded a new version of IFS for KSP 1.2 which can be downloaded from here

* Added 3 new resource switchable containers with integrated Mesh

* Allow mesh switcher to display a shorter name

* Allow mesh switcher to hold more meshes than are displayed

IFS 2.2.1:

* Added 3 new resource switchable containers with integrated Mesh by Eleusis La Arwall
* Allow mesh switcher to display a shorter name
* Allow mesh switcher to hold more meshes than are displayed

Edited by FreeThinker

Uploaded a new Pre alpha version 2.2.2. which can be downloaded from Curse

IFS 2.2.2:

* Wet Mass is properly shown in VAB
* Fixed an issue where Mass ratio was not properly updated in the VAB the first time after switching
* Fixed resource volume and mass ratio of new Cryogenic container
* Includes Module Manager compatible with KSP 1.2

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 2.2.2 is not working for me with KSP 1.2, there is a message on startup that the mod is only compatible with 1.1.3.

The included Module Manager is also not the newest, but I get the same result with MM 2.7.1

this is the latest 1.2 version updated via steam.

Need to check your links.

the bottom link, for the 2.2.2 1.2 actually downloads 2.1.4

If you go to the 2.1.4 link, in the right hand side you can select the 2.2.2 and it IS the one for 1.2

Just for your info...

Cheers and thanks for all of the work.

Version 2.2.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2

Released on 2016-10-13

• Compiled against KSP 1.2
  • When displayCurrentTankCost is true shows Dry Tank Cost, Resource Cost and Total Cost
  • Fixed Bug of Cost giving negative numbers
  • Added Oxygen-18, Nitrogen-15 and Fluorine to Cryogenic container
  • Fixed an issue where Mass ratio was not properly updated in the VAB the first time after switching
  • Fixed resource volume and mass ratio of new Cryogenic container
  • Includes Module Manager compatible with KSP 1.2
Edited by FreeThinker

I'm interested in adding USI-LS resources (Supplies & Mulch) to the list of options for IFS tanks. Has someone done this already or could you point me to where I can learn to make this change myself? I looked through  the .cfg files and it wasn't clear where I'd make such a change.

Thanks!

Is this on purpose or is it a bug? I have noticed the price for fuel tanks has doubled not even including the price for the fuel in them. 

I have the interstellar mod installed and tweak scale.  

Edited by Pesho

8 hours ago, Pesho said:

Is this on purpose or is it a bug? I have noticed the price for fuel tanks has doubled not even including the price for the fuel in them. 

I have the interstellar mod installed and tweak scale.  

No it's a bug, I already fixed it and added new tanks by Eleusis La Arwall

7zzJTx0.jpg

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 2.2.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2

Released on 2016-10-15

• Fixed Double dry mass cost
  • Added Cryotank with double mesh tank switchers one for reducing agent and one for oxidizing agents by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added switchable Cryotank with four times the volume of regular tank by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added LqdFluoride and LqdArgon to Cryo tanks
  • Added ability to connect a mesh switcher to a specific tank switcher
  • Added ability for a fuel switch to return dry mass only when requested for module mass
  • Script that add IFS to all LiquidFuel+Oxidizer tanks which now also display drat tank cost, resource cost and total cost.
Edited by FreeThinker

Hi again. It's about the price of the tanks and fuel. Now the tanks cost the same but without the fuel.

For instance the biggest tank "Kerbodyne S3 14400" in stock you get it for 13000 with the mod you get it also for 13000 but without the fuel. With the fuel it goes up to 19600.

Edit: This part is about the Interstellar mod

When using the "Laser Plasma Particle Accelerator" things become very very lagy.

Today I discovered another bug where you can make billions of money in matter of minutes. All you need is 12 MW of electricity, ISRU Refinery, minimal quantity of Ammonia, minimal quantity of Uranium Tetraflouride and as many empty tanks of Uranium Nitride you can put ..... and with a magic wand once you hit the Uranium Tetraflouride Ammonolysis you get all of the empty tanks full with Uranium Nitride which is very expensive :).

Also the antimatter in the small antimatter bottle is with negative value. You can get 1 empty large antimatter container 8 full small antimatter bottles. Launch, transfer the antimatter from the bottles into the large container, get rid of the bottles, recover and voila you get 8 mil.

Edited by Pesho

I changed the fuel from the left nosecone tank, small tank and the middle big tank without a problem, but as soon as i right clicked the right nosecone tank this happens:

hJqAIYr.png

Find the corresponding Log-file here

After that no right-click menu works anymore (not only tanks, all of them). When the vessel is saved and you leave the VAB and enter it back again (and load the vessel) right click menu work again. You can even click the right cone tank. but after a few other right clicks on different tanks the error occurs again.

I'm not even entirely sure that its fuel-switch fault. If not, tell me, so i can report that issue to the related mod-post.

12 hours ago, Rantanplan1986 said:

I changed the fuel from the left nosecone tank, small tank and the middle big tank without a problem, but as soon as i right clicked the right nosecone tank this happens:

hJqAIYr.png

Find the corresponding Log-file here

After that no right-click menu works anymore (not only tanks, all of them). When the vessel is saved and you leave the VAB and enter it back again (and load the vessel) right click menu work again. You can even click the right cone tank. but after a few other right clicks on different tanks the error occurs again.

I'm not even entirely sure that its fuel-switch fault. If not, tell me, so i can report that issue to the related mod-post.

mm, what what I can tell from the log is that the bugs manifest in stock but is probably triggered by IFS. It's kind of too bad this is reported now and not durring 1.2 open beta testing phase, now I need a way to get arround it ..

could you explain in detail what steps I need to make to reproduce the bug?

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.